You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

-D- wrote:

I dont know.. seems like being the best man in your Ex Wife's wedding for the guy who stole her from u...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Opening for GNR screams lame to me. Have some self respect Duff. Kind of a sell out move too. He knows he will get good pub for being duff opening for GNR instead of just making his band succeed on it's own merits. Playing in London with him was cool. This is cheap and desperate.  And loaded isn't that good anyway, buckcherry much better. Slash pushes his own shit and doesn't need to ride Axl's coattails. I hope this doesn't happen. Opening for band you founded.....  Just don't get it. Wtf. You are above this duff.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's a bit dramatic. No one stole anything from anyone. They parted ways and were able to mend whatever fences or hurt feelings there were. Their relationship was obviously bigger than just being in a band together. I think it's good that they're talking again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:
DCK wrote:
madagas wrote:

DJ is a douche and makes the band look like a washed out, sunset strip, 2nd rate has been cover band. Axl, Ron, and Tommy should do any Gnr interviews.

Just my 2 cents.

I have never observed DJ being a douche, maybe somewhat childish for a 38 year old, but he's in GNR, not Paul McCartneys band. It's alright. He got what it takes. He's not washed up, he's not 2nd rate. He's DJ Ashba and got more album success the past 20 years than Tommy and Ron combined.

With Slash out, like Axlin says, DJ is the best choice there is.

DJ is washe up,childish and tard as fuck a man can be an EMO Slash wannabe bad ass...if you can t see that, the guy can t do no wrong on your eyes never.

The true is average guittar player nothing more.

I don't think any player in GN'R has ever been average on lead.

Now Gilby & Richard... there's average.

madagas wrote:

to compare Tommy Stinson's legacy in the industry (not to mention his talent) with DJ Sixx is bordering on retarded....sorry, but it is. DJ is a nice player but....I just can't handle the image.

You mean the same Tommy Stinson that was "too cool" to be a fan of GN'R back in the day, because his fuckin' image dictated that any left of the dial or grunge band wasn't allowed to like and certaintly not play with Guns, and that even Tommy had a changed opinion after listening to the stuff of the old band, and performing the songs live for the fans?

That Tommy?

You're applying the same logic to DJ.

You're taking a real talented, cool guy, that busts his ass at shows to play for the fans (the ones he has no bond to because he has no record "written" material), who could provide great stuff for GN'R, and your playing that "i'm too cool" card.

Axl has associated with DJ
Slash has associated with DJ
Mick Mars has associated with DJ
Nikki Sixx has associated with DJ

But madagas is better than them.

Seriously dude, Tommy could provide WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, AWESOME fucking stuff on a GN'R album which I have been saying for years. WONDERFUL Stones/Dylan-influnced stuff. One Man Mutiny, was an awesome album of epic proportions that would make Izzy Stradlin blush.

But Slash is NOT as "non-commercial" as DJ. They basically the exact same guy. EXACT. The only difference is DJ is younger, and has less experience. That's it.

DJ has a place in this band, just as much as Tommy. But to discount DJ, simply because of image is fucking crazy. If that's the case, I should discount Robin & Bucket for looking like fucking mother fucking clown freaks in 2001-02.

But because we discount them, we don't get to hear Better & There Was A Time, because IMAGE was more important.

In 2011...

DJ = Slash II
Tommy = Izzy II

Now Axl just has to let them BE THAT, instead of sitting around playing Slash I & Izzy I's songs.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Talking, yes... That is good, supporting nuGNR on this level isn't healthy to me. Slash would never do this and duff and slash are supposed to be best buds.  Either reunite, do some one off cameo, but this?  Fuck that.

misterID

misterID wrote:

nuGNR? Not healthy?

Seems like some of you guys are taking this a little personal that Duff accepts this as GN'R.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

No, Axl may be trying to use duff to bring cred to the us shows by having another founding member at his show. Desperate by both parties.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID

misterID wrote:

Desperate? I think its pretty cool. That's probably how they thought of it, too. Something cool.

Again, seems like you're the one who has the problem about old members accepting this as GN'R.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Pretty fucking cool Axl did this. Hour long too so he will most likely have is own show with no other guests. The channel that this show airs is have a big 11/11/11 day of programing so this will be advertised heavily. Cant wait to check it out.

Board footer