You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't consider contract players to be in the band.  I believe legally I am quite correct in my assessment.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:

Sounds Steven Adler like

Not even a little bit. Adler is playing all GN'R songs, Duff is not. He's promoting a totally different type of band from GN'R

So are people going to hear ISE twice?

I don't know what to make of this.  Part of me thinks it's cool, part of me says wtf.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't consider contract players to be in the band.  I believe legally I am quite correct in my assessment.

Well, you're not an American then. 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So your definition of the band is the equity structure of the orginisation?

Only full partners in the operation are to be counted and not any of the employee members? Sure legally that's one thing. But it depends what you want to be following when you follow a band.

For example Axl could incorporate GNR as a private company, with himself as 51% shareholder and sell the remaining shares to private investors - lets say George Soros - who maintains his 49% interest as a silent partner.

As they approach old age, Slash - Duff and the Guys make peace and agree to play a reunion tour with Axl. They write a new album and record and tour it.

Unfortunately, we don't want interviews with Slash and Duff about the new material they've written with Axl...as the band is now Axl and Soros - because they control the ownership of the IP and brand.

Likewise, who cares to hear any interview about what Lennon and McCartney wrote...I mean what's important is that after 1965 they lost control of the public company they had formed. From that moment on the songwriters are really the head of ATV, sony and then later Michael Jackson's estate right? It's the business law that's important in art afterall right?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

he is Steven Adler like in Fawning and just bowing down to Axl again.

If Axl asked slash to open, He'd take that as an insult.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

DJ isn't even on the album and he has no writing credits on it.  He claims to be writing with Axl, but nobody knows if that is true or not.  Even if he is, it's less than a 50% chance that any of that music ever sees the light of day. 

You're really going to compare that situation to the ones you presented?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

RE: The interview

Axl does the first interview with a new band member in THE HISTORY OF NEW GUNS... and people are bitching it's DJ.

Are you kidding? I haven't said much on the board about this, because I have NO CLUE how to talk to you people.

If this is how Naltav & Ali felt reading my posts -- i'm sorry, i'm not with them.

Now people are just finding shit to complain about because they have no clue how else to be, i'm convinced of it.

Axl's just done, and it'll air in a couple weeks, a HOUR INTERVIEW THAT TAKES ABOUT NEW MUSIC, THE HALL OF FAME, AND DUFF BEING INVOLVED IN THE BAND IN SOME POINT, whether it be opening or otherwise.

But that's okay, let's talk about DJ being too douchey.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I'm shocked. This and CD's release are the only things I could compare on this level since 1990 fucking 3.

But that's okay, let's bag on DJ and talk about whether this is a band.

18 10

RE: Duff opening shows

I actually agree on the "selling out" thing a bit. I do see it as a bit of an insult for Duff to open a band he helped found.

BUT if it's some sort of master plan for him to be eased back into the band in a professional level in some way, maybe taking out Richard and having Tommy & Duff swap bass & rhythm guitar parts, possibly even have Duff work on a new GN'R album.

I'm all for that. Let Loaded open AN-Y-TIME they want. Loaded is also ALOT BETTER than Buckcherry. So all the best to the people who get to see those shows.

russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Not even a little bit. Adler is playing all GN'R songs, Duff is not. He's promoting a totally different type of band from GN'R

So are people going to hear ISE twice?

I don't know what to make of this.  Part of me thinks it's cool, part of me says wtf.

Huh? Who said he's playing GN'R songs? I would assume he'll be playing any number of songs from either Loaded album or his solo record.

Duff plays GN'R songs on his Loaded shows, because his fans want to hear it, and I have no doubt he'd do it opening for GN'R.

It'd be a unique situation for sure, but I don't see why Duff couldn't alter his setlist compared to GNR's and play different tracks that new Guns won't play.

Maybe Duff would play stuff like So Fine, Anything Goes... something off-kilter that doesn't stomp on GNR's set.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have often agreed with you Buzz.  Often we saw eye to eye.  But not on this one man.  I may not like and you definitely do not like it, but the GNR name belongs to Axl Rose.  And he can hire whoever he wants to play with him and write with him.  The GNR we grew up to is D-E-A-D!  Just move on man!  Sure I' d rather Axl would call this another name but he doesn't.  Learn to live with it.  And like Russ and Axlin says.  AXL did an interview, an hour long one and DJ was with him.  So I trust Axl will do most of the talking.  And if DJ is the one responsible to get Axl motivated again then AMEN!  So what if DJ has no writing credits on the next record?  Who the fuck cares!  As long as he can motivate Axl to release the Goddamn stuff then that's enough credit for me.  Or whoever got Axl to this point.

Board footer