You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Miami, FL (American Airlines Arena 10.29.11)

Axlin16 wrote:

Tampa show was awesome. Such an electricity at that. And alot of people forget it was only the second show on the tour.

Orlando was better imo, because of Axl's attitude, and that's the main reason. In Tampa he was cool, shook some hands, but didn't talk much, it was just sing the songs, be safe, good night.

In Orlando, he was in a fantastic mood. Real talky, joking around, saying thank you after virtually every song, busting Frank's balls about the aborted Estranged thing, told that really cool story about his recently deceased grandmother then dedicating KOHD to her, and then went on to perform one of the most and not THE most passionate KOHD i've seen/heard in all of the new era (granted I haven't really liked it since 1993, and the song sounded more upbeat like the old days to me).

Axl was much more interactive, and for that reason that puts Orlando over Tampa.

But as for some of the song performances, some of the AFD stuff was blisteringly performed in O-town and blew Tampa away.

However the older CD stuff, like CD in the encore not opener, SOD with the piano jumping deal, and Better feat. Mr. Robin Finck... those songs were better in Tampa in 2006 imo.

Madagascar kicked ten tons of ass in Orlando with that extended opening. I wanted for them to play it so bad in Tampa & Estero in 2006, and they didn't. So glad to hear it in 2011. I haven't cared for it live since Bucket in 2002, and it really blew me away Friday night.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Any reviews of this yet? Media, not forum peeps.

I just did a Google search and found nothing.

Just found this tho:
[youtube]qoIl2kGMTh0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Axl struggles a bit in places, but it's been awhile since they originally performed it, and bashing it seems a bit nitpicky. Most of the song he kicks ass.

Seems to be a tough song live to pull off. I noticed that Ron & Richard seem to be really focused on what they're doing.

johndivney wrote:

yea they shouldn't play SR again

tho that shitty riff finally gave 4tus something to do so it was a complete waste of time..

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well this isn't a technical band. Even if Slash was up there, Ron is probably the only guy, short of Bucket, actively there that can pull those types of songs off. But Ron can't play lead, rhythm, riffs, solos, extras, etc. DJ & Rich have to do something, and both of them seem to be totally out of their element with those CD rockers.

They don't seem to get nervous at all with the GN'R classics. And it shows. Look at Estranged, one of the toughest. Ron handles most of the solos, but the whole band seems to be totally into it, versus some of these CD rockers.

Me thinks it's time to just retire the CD rockers, focus on new stuff, or old UYI stuff, and when they do play CD rockers, just focus on CD & Better and then the ballads.

Seems to suit the band more...

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Don't think these have been posted.

Jeez... This is almost a bit too much. smile
It's basicly excerpts from each song performed at the show! Audio and video is also pretty good!

(Rocket Queen seemed a bit too up-tempo...)

Part 1/5:

Part 2/5:
[youtube]xJWHbA7OWbc&feature=related[/youtube]

Part 3/5:
[youtube]1kK121oRW5s&feature=related[/youtube]

Part 4/5:
[youtube]cB35iWLnTns&feature=related[/youtube]

Part 5/5:

Board footer