You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That's pretty funny considering I feel like I'm on an island most of the time surrounded by people that only want to live in a fantasy world where all is wonderful.

Even the "positive stuff" would be a joke in the world of any other band, yet we're supposed to pretend all is great because of it?  I can't play that game.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

For me there are basically 3 bands active today I'm anticipating new material from. Gn'R is one of them. Any move that could mean that gets closer to happening is all good you ask me. It's a bumpy ride with this band for sure, but whatever, Axl is what he is.

You're not supposed to pretend anything. I don't see anyone holding any guns to our heads. But there's no need for it to go on page after page either. Axlin isn't much better by the way. He wanted a long discussion and he got it.

Everybody just chill a little. Bussaw does have a point too that people have been steam rolling over some of his posts, not really bothering to read what he actually says.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's pretty funny considering I feel like I'm on an island most of the time surrounded by people that only want to live in a fantasy world where all is wonderful.

Even the "positive stuff" would be a joke in the world of any other band, yet we're supposed to pretend all is great because of it?  I can't play that game.

Yeah but dude, do you ever ask yourself how many years you're gonna beat that drum over and over and over?

Honestly?

Axl was so fuckin' on the other night, that I did think a couple times, "what would this be like with the old band here". Doesn't mean the current band didn't put themselves over with me, but yeah -- it crossed my mind. It had to of. Axl's voice was ON, the Slash show I saw earlier in the year, he was ON. Izzy's solo albums are ON. Duff remains "The King".

I'd be crazy to at least not think that, if for a brief second, as I had saw Slash earlier in the year. He still plays those AFD, a certain way, a certain feel, that only Slash can do. "It is what it is" - to quote you.

But that doesn't mean that these guys can't do something different, on a comparable level, that allows Guns N' Roses, or at least Axl Rose, to live on in some form.

People bag on DJ, but at this point in Axl's life and career -- he's 49. He struggles more and more to keep his voice in shape. If DJ can convince him to record, GO DJ.

At this point it's just about hearing Axl's voice, even if it's a cover. It's just about hearing Axl's voice recorded on record, even if it's a DJ/Ron song.

No one is saying that you're wrong on the situation of the band. But you HAVE TO find some point with yourself on GN'R, to go "this isn't for me anymore", or "I support this for what it is".

You seemed trapped between the two, and there's gonna come a point where 'honesty', is gonna bleed over into 'hatred' of you. I realized this myself with my own posts, which is why I posted "The Bottom Line" thread. At the time I posted that, I had still yet to buy a ticket to the Orlando show, and I was ready to walk away from the GN'R thing. But I had to find away to seperate myself from the bullshit. The lack of Slash, the lack of focus, the lack of effort from Axl, the lack of new music, the lack of a functioning band, the Fernando's of the world, 'til I became so clouded with information, that I just had to say STOP.

At the end of the day... it's about the music. And the music the other night was VERY good. And based on DJ's work with Sixx:AM, future GN'R songs whether Sixx:AM trx with Axl on vocals, or Robin/Bucket vault tracks -- will be VERY good.

Just be prepared to rock with any of this stuff, and fuck fuck FUCK all of the behind the scenes bullshit. Somedays I wish I would've never even known this side of GN'R.

polluxlm wrote:

For me there are basically 3 bands active today I'm anticipating new material from. Gn'R is one of them. Any move that could mean that gets closer to happening is all good you ask me. It's a bumpy ride with this band for sure, but whatever, Axl is what he is.

You're not supposed to pretend anything. I don't see anyone holding any guns to our heads. But there's no need for it to go on page after page either. Axlin isn't much better by the way. He wanted a long discussion and he got it.

Everybody just chill a little. Bussaw does have a point too that people have been steam rolling over some of his posts, not really bothering to read what he actually says.

What was I supposed to do? Let it go? Somebody questioning the show I experienced, i'm not one of those guys (i'm sure you guys know that) that's gonna take that lying down.

I'm gonna come to the fuckin' table with my lunch packed ready to prove my point.

If I would've just dropped it, I would've lost tons of credibility beyond that. That's not fair and that's not right.

And btw, I just want to officially state I took more issue with Bono's post, than I did Buzz's. But I figured i'd just go for the discussion. Why not have a BIG discussion? What the fuck have we talked about ALL summer? Nothing. At least my review got us talking GN'R in 2011, in a positive way, and not GN'R in 1991 in a positive way.

And as for Buzz's posts... I actually have alot of respect for Buzz 9/10 days. I READ EVERY SINGLE WORD that Buzz types. I do know alot of people that breeze over his shit, but i've never been one of them.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If I would've just dropped it, I would've lost tons of credibility beyond that. That's not fair and that's not right.

Internet...serious business. 14

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - trust me, I read people for a living.  NOBODY here has a better understanding of people than I do.  Carry on.

Sorry, I just noticed this, but this has to be one of the most arrogant statements I've ever read on any message board.

You can't "read people" through online message board posts.  I see a couple of days have passed and Axlin still feels the same way about the O-Town show.  If his response was just "emotional", that cloud of emotion would've subsided and his response would've changed by now.

Ali

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Meanwhile back in Orlando..... some guy (on mygnr) had a picture of me shaking Axl's hand from this show. Turns out we both had pictures of one another shaking his hand...total fluke, and now I have a great picture.

menaxl.jpg

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

For the record, I'm not singling Buzz out by any means. I'm talking about the same 3 or 4 people whom nothing is good enough for anyone.

And to address Buzz directly; here's the thing- this isn't "any other band", it's Guns N' Roses. Things we've all been bitching about for years are happening now and it's still not good enough.

I guess that's just it.  It's not what I've been bitching about.  I don't care about any of the rest of this.  I know you guys think I bitch about everything, but at the end of the day, all of my complaints boil down to two things: he's not releasing music I consider to be good, and he's not getting back together with the guys that inspired him to release good music.

That's it.  I don't care if he does interviews.  I don't really care if he tours.  All these things that all of you seem to care about don't really mean anything to me.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

So you pass time discussing things you don't care about, like how much a tour would sell or how good the show was?

Board footer