You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Naltav wrote:
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That was pretty funny.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Axlin, I'm sure it'll be up on youtube within minutes. if I can join the updating I will.

Slash said, "Yeah, we've actually been pretty cool lately." Slash is a pretty easy-going guy, and he'll ride with the tide. But it's hard to get a read on it.

Very cool. But like I said before, don't start with the theories this means a reunion on any level. Whenever people start doing that on the boards we get a vicious response. I'd expect it stems, at least a little, as a bit of disrespect for Axl about the current line up and, it seems at least, sometimes he goes to extremes to squash the reunion rumors. Just let it be. I think it would be a MAJOR big deal if they could at least bury the hatchet.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think that's really what it's all about man. Just them burying the hatchet. But honestly... a reunion will ALWAYS be on the tip of people's tongues. Even Axl knows it.

It just is what it is. That's why I think the RNRHOF show is so important. People "think" that seeing Axl & Slash on a stage for one night again will heighten the wish for a reunion, but I doubt it. I actually think it'll make alot of people realize the Sun looks the same when it rises the following morning. Time won't stop. The trumpets of the four horsemen won't sound. The dead won't rise.

They're just two guys. I think people will actually shut up about it more, and will more readily accept what Axl & Slash are doing seperately and alot of the forum junkies will live happier.

Anybody seen the newest video on VH1? Axl talks a bit about the 1991 tour and says how the late starts started because of the REALLY late shows in 1991. Axl goes on to say how he should've never agreed to that tour, but management booked it and he had no way out than to just do it. He said he didn't care about the band, and the band didn't care about him, and the problems began.

As much as I love the 1991/UYI-studio band, it really puts that time into perspective. People LOVE Axl & Slash together, yet looking back more and more, it's amazing they even toured UYI.

They were done in 1990, and nobody knew it, including them. Izzy might've had a clue tho.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Cliffs:

-Axl goes into his usual explanations before admitting he's just a late kind of guy!:haha:

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I would hope that Axl & Slash get cool again. I think Slash has let go and Axl knows that for sure now and can relax, in his mind he can say that he won, he lept GNR and the new band finally seems to be getting some positive feedback.

I still hope those two get together to play. I just listened to Coma this morning after a week solid of CD and still that fucking song just blows anything on CD off the radar for me.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I hope somebody will put the videos here as I don't get that show over here.

misterID

misterID wrote:

^^

I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure it'll be up that same night, man.

These teases have really got me pumped for this interview.

Board footer