You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

Re: Dizzy Reed Discusses Band’s Future: ‘There’s So Much Material'

AnitaW17 wrote:

Mmm...I may have to agree with you there. Dizzy has always been Axl's shadow. I have always liked Dizzy, but to be honest he has always seemed to keep low key & never say much.

Still its cool they are touring. Been watching quite a lot of u-tube footage of there tours around the US. They seem more together & tighter now as a band than last year when they toured the UK.

They are doing a great job. Saw Loaded last week twice. They are awesome too. They are all producing great stuff smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
AnitaW17 wrote:

Mmm...I may have to agree with you there. Dizzy has always been Axl's shadow. I have always liked Dizzy, but to be honest he has always seemed to keep low key & never say much.

Yeah..I don't mean this disrespectfully to Dizzy cos he's a great musician...but I see this as him just being smart and knowing when to shut the fuck up so to speak 14

I mean the guy is an LA muso and finds his way into Guns N Roses - pretty much around the height of their fame.

Hard to find a better gig than that. Pretty much the best life thing that could happen to anyone who plays music in around 1990 or whatever.

So..when he came in, a lot of people were suspect about him as they wanted it to be a guitar band, but he hung on..and then he's survived every line up since..all the drama he seems to keep out of....even the additon of another keys player...I just feel he sees the benifit in not rocking the boat...

Don't bite the hand that feeds, Axl's given him a superstar life when we probably otherwise would have been a talented but struggling player around hollywood...i'd keep my mouth shut too big_smile

What does excite me though is the idea of all this material they have. I gather from Axl's interview there's a lot of stuff to be decided about the future so there's no short term sort of album plans. But it's amazing to think how many cool songs could exist that we might one day get to hear.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I have always loved the Stones-vibe Dizzy brings to the piano, while Axl brings Elton & Freddie to the show. Really added alot to GN'R imo, regardless of what Slash, Izzy & Duff thought.

Dizzy is a BIG part of the reason the 1991/UYI-studio lineup his my favorite. Just loved his backing instrumental stuff.

I also thought it was amazing how Axl wrote the piano to Estranged, especially the beautiful (probably the best i've ever heard) piano solo, yet Dizzy found a way to COMPLETELY re-create precisely to how it was originally recorded, live for 2 and a half years.

He'll always be THE MAN for that in my book.

Board footer