You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: IF November Rain and Estranged was left as ONE SONG

-D- wrote:

*Of Course that should be "WERE" left... apologize for grammar error"

Where did I read that they were originally gonna be one long song?? or is that complete Bullshit??

Anyhow, let's suppose that were true.

Lay out the structure of how that song would've played out...

NR intro THEN??? when would Estranged start, how would it end... what parts would've came when?

Build the ultimate EPIC song combining the two

Wish someone were good enough to actually rip the songs together into how it would've sounded as one.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think it was Matt who said that recently. It might have been one long piano score at one stage, wasnt NR supposed to be about 20 minutes long in the 80's, mabye that piece became 2 songs?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

would explain why axl considers them to be part of the same story

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I think it was Matt who said that recently. It might have been one long piano score at one stage, wasnt NR supposed to be about 20 minutes long in the 80's, mabye that piece became 2 songs?

I think you're on the right track. Anybody who's ever heard Axl's BEAUTIFUL piano demo for Estranged, knows that became the foundation of the song, then Slash came in later.

My guess is that NR & Estranged were Axl's Elton/Freddie moment, and the whole piece was gonna be entirely piano-driven.

So you probably wouldn't have ever had NR intro this, Estranged verse that, etc.

It'd of probably just been the whole NR song on piano, then when the outro comes in with the piano then cuts out, the piano part comes in for the kick off to Estranged, and Axl continues to do that song solo, no guitars, unless there were small backing parts of rhythm and beats here and there to make it flow better.

I might actually try to screw around with the demos and see if I can make something of combining those two songs.

What an epic rock moment that would've been. A full-blown 20-minute piano ballad.

Total Axl 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I remember a famous quote from Axl in the Appetite aftermath saying he had a song to blow Sweet Child O' Mine out of the water. He said it was called November Rain and was 24 minutes long and if it wasn't recorded correctly, he was gonna quit the business.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

News flash: It was recorded correctly.... he still quit. 16

-D-

-D- wrote:

So u are saying, after NR, it woulda went into that Middle Piano solo that Dizzy plays and that would've been it?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No it would've been a slow wind-down after the NR outro... then the Estranged piano would've began into a whole 'nother song. Like a progressive story.

But I could see them being mixed together. The whole thing really intrigues me now how it would work, now that you mentioned it.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Woulda blown my favorite one two punch Brain Damage into Eclipse to hell and back.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh hell yeah. And it would've been very interesting. 'Cause it would've had Pink Floyd-length, Zeppelin-tone, Queen-feel, and Guns-attitude.

What a fuckin' combo

Board footer