You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Wilkes-Barre, PA - Mohegan Sun Arena (Nov. 20, 2011)

Neemo wrote:

Setlist:
      Intro
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Riff Raff
07. Estranged
08. Rocket Queen
      Richard Fortus Guitar Solo
09. Live and Let Die
10. This I Love
11. My Generation
      Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
12. Street of Dreams
13. You Could Be Mine
      DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
14. Sweet Child O' Mine
      Jam (Another Brick In The Wall)
      Axl Rose Piano Solo
15. November Rain
      Bumblefoot Guitar Solo
16. Don't Cry
17. Whole Lotta Rosie
18. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
19. Nightrain

Encore:
      Jam
20. Madagascar
21. Patience
22. Paradise City

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i was there last night. awesome show. this is the best lineup and best gnr show since slash quit. Axl was in a great mood, laughing all night, joking, told a funny story. the band interacting with the fans is really cool to see. it's just a fun night.

Axl's voice sounded great on most songs. it was funny...he actually had a bit of a rasp going on LALD and YCBM. i think he sang them both in a little lower register. Nightrain and PC he kinda had the higher pitched voice going that i'm not a fan of. but when you are there and getting into the music and having fun, it doesn't sound bad. it's not perfect, but it still sounds good.

there were a couple times where his voice needed to be a little higher in the mix - CD for sure. but you could hear him, so i can't really complain. and like i said, there may have been only 1 other song where i was thinking that.

i was disappointed we got a "shortened" set. crazy to say that for a 2:45 show but i was expecting to hear Better. and SR is one of my favs and would love to hear that live. would also love to see nice boys. but, oh well. 

also, i'm not a fan of overdoing it on solos, but when you are there watching they are enjoyable. so it's not as bad as it seems on paper.

the only thing i would change is replacing one or two of the slower songs with rockers. especially if they are not doing the 3 songs i listed above because then the slow to rocker ratio is really out of wack.

but major thumbs up. can't wait to see them saturday!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wow, nice review man. Glad you had a great time.

You know, I am glad there's not a drum solo anymore.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ The Matt Sorum drum solo used to bore me to tears and it would hurt my ears!!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool stuff sandman!! is this your first time seeing them after the 02 fiasco? or did u get to see the 06 tour?

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

yes, i saw them a few times on the 2006 tour. post-slash, i have seen the following shows:
2001 - Vegas (hard rock)
2002 - Chicago (allstate), New York (MSG), Philly**
2006 - 2 hammerstein shows, MSG, baltimore
2011 - wilkes barre

the 2006 shows were incredible. in baltimore, they were on fire and played Down on the Farm. total surprise!

but this show was just a little bit better. it's longer, louder, and a bigger production. a bunch of screens, big stage, explosions. the addition of Estranged is HUGE for me, as are Sorry, TIL, and Whole Lotta Rosie. and i'm a big DJ Ashba fan. and like i said, the whole band is having fun and just seems to be really into it.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

how was the vegas show in 2001?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
WARose wrote:

how was the vegas show in 2001?

Badass and loud.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
sandman wrote:

yes, i saw them a few times on the 2006 tour. post-slash, i have seen the following shows:
2001 - Vegas (hard rock)
2002 - Chicago (allstate), New York (MSG), Philly**
2006 - 2 hammerstein shows, MSG, baltimore
2011 - wilkes barre

the 2006 shows were incredible. in baltimore, they were on fire and played Down on the Farm. total surprise!

but this show was just a little bit better. it's longer, louder, and a bigger production. a bunch of screens, big stage, explosions. the addition of Estranged is HUGE for me, as are Sorry, TIL, and Whole Lotta Rosie. and i'm a big DJ Ashba fan. and like i said, the whole band is having fun and just seems to be really into it.

I agree. Estranged alone puts 2011 ahead of any other year since 1993.

Board footer