You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Gene Simmons says ‘a good beating’ would have helped Axl Rose

gnfnraxl wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

View the last few minutes of the video, sums up perfectly what Gene represents and why I cringe everytime I hear a Kiss song.

I don't have to watch.  Seeing and hearing Gene in an interview is just torture.  Gene has to be the biggest whore in the music industry and I'm not talking about sex.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I love that part around 8:28 where Paul in 1988 talks about how "the past is the past, and recreating the 70's KISS would be a quick buck, and he's not interested in that".

Then only seconds like the mother fuckers are playing a CAR PARK in Vegas.

You wanted the best, you got the best KISS!

*squirrels look up, then continue eating acorns* 16

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
-D- wrote:

My fave Kiss albums:
1.Def right bout debut Kiss album so many classics on there
2.Destroyer nothing needs to be said
3. Revenge: U should really check this album out. 1992 and it is fantastic start to finish  Check out Heart Of Chrome and the ballad Everytime I Look At You.
4. Paul's solo album: u are gonna have to trust me on this one. Every song is fantastic. Torrent it and give it a listen. just great stuff.YouTube Tonight You Belong To Me. U will love it.

5.Lick It Up showcases some very underrated Gene songs like Fits Like A Glove, Dance all over your face,Young And Wasted,And On The 8th Day. Paul's gems All hells breaking loose, title track and a fantastic love song "A Million To One"

Paul's 78 solo album is fantastic! Its the best of the four solo albums, in my opinion. Just straight kick in the ass rock and roll. 5

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Riad wrote:

I hate when people say they like KISS. I just can't take anything else they say seriously afterwards.

Yeah, okay...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I saw Stanley on a solo tour a few years ago (for Live To Win?) and he did a lot of that 78 solo record. It was the first I'd heard of most of that and yeah, it was great.

I wish they would play more of those songs either on a KISS tour, or another solo Stanley tour. It was fantastic hearing some rarely played gems like "Magic Touch", "A Million To One", and of course stuff off the 78 album.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I also want to add that I liked Stanley's '78 solo album, and thought it CRUSHED the rest of them. Gene & Peter's were particularly awful. Frehley's showcased his guitar abilities for all of those nuts for that, but the actual structure of the songs short of the New York Groove cover, were terrible. I love when people talk about how "Ace's was the best album!"

Bullshit. Stanley's blows it away. Honest to God, any KISS ballad with Stanley up front... i've NEVER in all of the years they've been around, heard the bad one.

The dude is really really underrated. Sure it's Meat Loaf-type broadway fluff, but it's still really awesome stuff.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Btw we haven't heard from the great NYGiants in quite some time.

Note for the future... talk KISS in the GN'R section, he'll re-emerge. 16

Good to see you back man!

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I also want to add that I liked Stanley's '78 solo album, and thought it CRUSHED the rest of them. Gene & Peter's were particularly awful. Frehley's showcased his guitar abilities for all of those nuts for that, but the actual structure of the songs short of the New York Groove cover, were terrible. I love when people talk about how "Ace's was the best album!"

Bullshit. Stanley's blows it away. Honest to God, any KISS ballad with Stanley up front... i've NEVER in all of the years they've been around, heard the bad one.

The dude is really really underrated. Sure it's Meat Loaf-type broadway fluff, but it's still really awesome stuff.

Paul's was the most KISS-like of the four, which is why its the best I think. Ace's is really good, Gene's has some good songs with a lot of filler, and Peter's just plain sucks.

Agreed on Stanley being underrated. Great songwriter, great singer, great rhythm guitar player.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Btw we haven't heard from the great NYGiants in quite some time.

Note for the future... talk KISS in the GN'R section, he'll re-emerge. 16

Good to see you back man!

I'm like Axl, I'll pop in out of the blue!

I'm around often, but don't post much. Mainly just lurk.

Board footer