You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Walking Dead

misterID wrote:

I was thinking the same, about the wlkers being peope he knew, maybe even strangers. And it's funny the Asian guy is now getting his own storyline and it's all about him getting some farm girl poontang. 16

Yeah, the missing girl thing is stretched a bit thin. I'm starting to suspect that she's being held by Daryl's brother.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Finally 'caught up. I think the same. It's relatives n' stuff.

I also think the dynamic between Rick & Shane is so intriguing. Rick is operating on the pure humanity left in mankind in a situation like that. Shane is operating as the internal psyche that we ALL would be thinking, but not acting on. Shane acts on it. And in an ironic way it asks the philosophic question... in absolute chaos... can humanity & animalistic survival instincts co-exist?

I don't think so. And if any character MIGHT prove that, it might be the redneck Daryl, who despite being a racist, seems to be the ONLY character in show that contains both human survival instincts, yet retains his humanity. Everyone else is too far to the either end.

The show is alot better written than it's given credit for. Daryl & Shane might be the most fascinating characters on the show.

Oh and btw, that blonde chick... don't ever ever EVER let that crazy ass bitch near a gun. I couldn't believe they played that whole thing off as a joke. I'd of put a gun to her head and made her shit her pants before pulling away.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, I didn't even suspect that Sophia would be walking out of that barn. The doll pretty much told me, but I guess I was holding out hope... Don't know why. I guess it's the Daryl in me.

That whole barn thing totally blew me away. Axlin had it pegged right about the dynamic between Shane and Rick. I'm really pumped for the next episode in feb.

I thought this season was pretty light up until these last few shows. Very good.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I knew Sophia was in the barn. Me and a friend of mine called it about 3 episodes ago. When we saw the barn full of walkers, and especially after Daryl found the doll nearby, "you know Sophia's in the barn".

Despite the fact "Walking Dead" only does a handful of episodes each season, I know now why they do. The writing is very good, but not good enough to sustain a 13-episode season.

The mid-episodes of this Fall season, started getting "light" as you put it. It was getting to be too much melodrama, and not enough zombie action. A good mix is what really makes it special.

Like you said, i'll be waiting to see what happens in February. Herschel isn't gonna let them stay, unless Shane "takes" the farm from him, and Rick and Dale aren't gonna let that happen.

I noticed the next episode in February is called "Nebraska".

I wonder if they all pack up and head there. If they do, that girl is gonna go with them. Her family is dead, and it's obvious she's in love with Glen and he in love with her.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

February?  Fuck, I didn't know that.  I only just got caught up for this newest episode, I didn't know I could have waited.

I saw that On Demand has the "Talking Dead" with Chris Hardwick show analyzing the episodes on there.  Anybody watch those and/or know if they're worth checking out?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I knew Sophia was in the barn. Me and a friend of mine called it about 3 episodes ago. When we saw the barn full of walkers, and especially after Daryl found the doll nearby, "you know Sophia's in the barn".

Despite the fact "Walking Dead" only does a handful of episodes each season, I know now why they do. The writing is very good, but not good enough to sustain a 13-episode season.

The mid-episodes of this Fall season, started getting "light" as you put it. It was getting to be too much melodrama, and not enough zombie action. A good mix is what really makes it special.

Like you said, i'll be waiting to see what happens in February. Herschel isn't gonna let them stay, unless Shane "takes" the farm from him, and Rick and Dale aren't gonna let that happen.

I wonder if they all pack up and head there. If they do, that girl is gonna go with them. Her family is dead, and it's obvious she's in love with Glen and he in love with her.

Whats really cool about the dynamic and I was discussing with my fiancee while watching... Honestly, Neither Rick nor Shane are right or wrong and its up to the viewer to decide who u think is right.. They partly try to slant u to think Shane is going nuts and a fucking madman lunatic, when in reality I agree 100 percent with everything he has done. Even Killing the guy to save himself thus Carl.

misterID

misterID wrote:

This was a good quote from Bloody Disgusting about the episode:

"The real kicker here, and the most satisfying twist of all, is that karma has been eliminated from this world. The good guy’s efforts don't pay off. The guy painted as “the big jerk” for the last few episodes was right all along. The innocent are fair game for slaughter, and the good will die. Righteous men are stripped of their pride. Hope is an infectious disease. "Pretty Much Dead Already" was like a big fuck you to the entire world that "The Walking Dead" has built, littered with the cruelty and nihilism that a show about the apocalypse should have."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It was very sad when Sophia walked out. Very moving shit.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

"The real kicker here, and the most satisfying twist of all, is that karma has been eliminated from this world. The good guy’s efforts don't pay off. The guy painted as “the big jerk” for the last few episodes was right all along. The innocent are fair game for slaughter, and the good will die. Righteous men are stripped of their pride. Hope is an infectious disease. "Pretty Much Dead Already" was like a big fuck you to the entire world that "The Walking Dead" has built, littered with the cruelty and nihilism that a show about the apocalypse should have."

Brilliant assessment. I completely agree.

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Whats really cool about the dynamic and I was discussing with my fiancee while watching... Honestly, Neither Rick nor Shane are right or wrong and its up to the viewer to decide who u think is right.. They partly try to slant u to think Shane is going nuts and a fucking madman lunatic, when in reality I agree 100 percent with everything he has done. Even Killing the guy to save himself thus Carl.

I'll remember that when the zombie apocalypse happens and me and you are trying to survive.

I'll always stay just a couple steps behind you with one hand on the gun. I won't kill you 'cause i'm not like that, but i'll be keeping a real close eye on you now. 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Brilliant assessment. I completely agree.

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'll remember that when the zombie apocalypse happens and me and you are trying to survive.

I'll always stay just a couple steps behind you with one hand on the gun. I won't kill you 'cause i'm not like that, but i'll be keeping a real close eye on you now. 16

HAHAHA yeah, i don't know what I posted there says about me.. but if 10 zombies are chasing us and i gotta shoot u in the leg to survive... hahha LOOK OUT!

Board footer