You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Detroit, MI - The Palace (December 1, 2011)

Axlin16 wrote:

Mr. Russtone

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Mathers Revenge

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Russ says... "Not even close to being true" about the stage

Agrees with the less than 7,000 assessment.

Too bad it's not true as it would create a much better atmosphere if there is less than 7000 fans in an arena.  What's the capacity at The Palace?

23,000 for end-stage concerts.

Jesus Christ that turn out sucks if true. Fuck that's terrible for a city like Detroit.

Is it the economy possibly? Or just a lack of interest?

Probably a little of both but leaning more towards lack of interest. Foo Fighters practically sold out the arena when I saw them there in September on a weekday. I wanted to go tonight but end of the semester projects, two jobs and the fact that the Palace is quite a hike if you live south of Detroit kept me from going this time around...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Estranged

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Rocket Queen

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Too bad it's not true as it would create a much better atmosphere if there is less than 7000 fans in an arena.  What's the capacity at The Palace?

Jesus Christ that turn out sucks if true. Fuck that's terrible for a city like Detroit.

Lack of interest is my guess. In a  23 000 seat venue they would've done right by moving the stage set up to mid court.  As much as the world hates Nickelback they'd have sold that out I bet. Just tells ya how little the the States cares about this version of Gn'R. Or maybe a better way to put it is this just shows how far under the radar this Gn'R flys.  Theres' really nothing for the public to grab onto. I's nto the originla and CD didn't sett he world on fire so....

What have the average crowd sizes been on this tour?

As well recieved as the tour has been from those in attendence they serioulsy need to get this tour in the books and hit the fucking studio for real.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

The stage was apparently pushed to midcourt/midarena due to the low ticket sales. The upper levels have been draped over.  Attendance estimated at less than 7k.

Palace Concert goers were sent an email that said:

During its first U.S. tour in five years, Guns N' Roses will perform an intimate small theatre configuration show at The Palace tomorrow evening.

If the Palace follows other venue protocol, this means the stage was moved from the end stage to the midcourt position. In addition, one of the Bar members has texted back that the upper levels were curtained off.

So I beg to differ with Russ.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Lack of interest is my guess. In a  23 000 seat venue they would've done right by moving the stage set up to mid court.  As much as the world hates Nickelback they'd have sold that out I bet. Just tells ya how little the the States cares about this version of Gn'R.  What have the average crowd sizes been on this tour?

As well recieved as the tour has been from those in attendence they serioulsy need to get this tour in the books and hit the fucking studio for real.

Well see it depends. That's not exactly true.

Some cities have seen HUGE turnouts. South American-enthusized, 90% capacity type crowds.

Depends on the area. Florida gave GN'R 2009-11 a big warm welcome for the tour. I remember Dallas & Chicago also having equally as big and happy crowds.

Then here comes some of these smaller shows. At this point I think it's obvious that cancellation the other day was due to lack of ticket sales, now Detroit has a small turnout.

I think certain region areas have lots of interest. Others not so much. Weekend shows seem to do ALOT better.

Just depends

I do agree a new album/new single is NEEDED NOW!!!!

Board footer