You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Detroit, MI - The Palace (December 1, 2011)

Axlin16 wrote:

Fat encore, five songs in an encore is reminiscent of the UYI shows.

Riff Raff still is unnecessary, especially when they could've plugged Scraped or Oh My God in there.

Standard set they've been playing.

According to Stacey... "better than Chicago, and Chicago was amazing!"

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Thanx for the updates, Axlin, Russ and Stacey!

From the reports, it seems like yet another great show!

Very cool that so many great posters on here are getting their GNR-fix on these days! Been a long time coming for most of you!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

The stage was apparently pushed to midcourt/midarena due to the low ticket sales. The upper levels have been draped over.  Attendance estimated at less than 7k.

Russ says... "Not even close to being true" about the stage

Agrees with the less than 7,000 assessment.

As far as I can tell, the stage is set up right about where the arena starts to curve (if you know what I mean).
Wouldn't call that "pushed to midcourt/midarena"

9724dae21c9b11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

johndivney wrote:

thanks 4 updates & to axlin for writing/numbering the songs correctly!

i am one of the few who isn't bothered by Riff Raff..

i used to complain about the set not changing so i just wanna say i think it's fucking near perfect these days

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah stage is set up at the curve. so anything that is beyond that is "dead space" jsut the nature of the huge stage setup

hey russ hop you had a good one! cant wait for pics and review! 9

EDIT: not to bog this thread down with hamilton attendnace i have posted one in the hamilton thread as kind of a carry over to the attendnace dicsussion in here

but hamilton i am gussing was around 8k with the upper bowl closed off was still a hell of a show, dunno what attendnace has to do with show quality hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

russtcb wrote:

I bought my tickets directly through The Palace and received no email saying the stage would be a half court.

It appears it is indeed an end stage.

The email was sent out. There are members at the GnRBar who received the notification of the 'intimate theater' set up. In fact, they were alarmed because they were worried their seats may have changed.

As I mentioned in my post, other arenas have moved the stage to midcourt under these circumstances. I made that clear in my post.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

^No other GNR shows have had midcourt setups. There was a false rumor about that in Chicago, and I assure you, it was end stage, and the beotch was a capacity crowd.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Gagarin wrote:

^No other GNR shows have had midcourt setups. There was a false rumor about that in Chicago, and I assure you, it was end stage, and the beotch was a capacity crowd.

I didn't say that other G&R shows did.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's wrong. But I wouldn't say massively.

Was higher than 8,000. My guess is it was more like 11,000-12,000.

While these numbers aren't bad they defiitely don't equate to  the big huge welcome you just described. Seems pretty indicitive of the interest as a whole in the United States. Varying interests in regions give or take a few thousand is expected but I'm guessing it's not like Miami will get 20 000 people where Detroit gets 7000.  the descrepency between Detroit and Orlando doesn't seem all that much really. Just seems like an average interest across the board.

They aren't pushing ANYTHING.

CD was D fucking O fucking A, regardless of what Axl thinks. For as good as an album it was, it appeals to diehards only. Nobody gave a flying fuck about it in the states. They just didn't. No amount of Universal pushing it would change that.

Despite the fact it's GN'R v.6.3, the fact that Axl can still fill an arena half-full despite nothing to push, shows that U.S. interest is at 50% without Slash.

Pretty much obvious imo, considering they had the same average numbers in 2002, 2006, & now.

And btw, 6,000 compared to 12,000 is half the crowd.

You telling me that Orlando at 12,000 versus Detroit at 6,000 isn't fucking embarassing. The small market smokes Detroit? Says something about Detroit... not America.

Plus I thought Miami was a near sellout.

As I stated earlier, Foo Fighters sold out the Palace on a Monday in September. Says something about GNR, not Detroit...

Board footer