You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Guns N 'Roses will play in Poland!

Olorin wrote:

Hmmm better start saving.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Tommy comments are much too conditional to generate hope. We've seen this dog and pony show before. Plans are really just pontifications at this point. Until this band gets off the road, bunkers down, and actualizes some of these ideas, G&R will remain in the land of frozen time.

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy also specifically mentioned 22 songs recorded outside of Chinese...never been pinned down like that before...maybe he is dropping some hints.

I know it's the same old same old but this is the first time (maybe ever) that there seems to be some real positive energy around the "new" band.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

We've heard at various times that CD could be a double album, that CD would be 15 tracks plus an additional 11 or 12, that there was a whole album more of material not used.....

Honestly, this doesn't strike me as new information. Going back to 06, how close did we feel we were to a release based on news from the front, and how wrong were we?

There was positive energy in '06, quite a bit actually. Robin was crazy sick on that tour and the band had recaptured the attention of the US for the first time since the VMAs.

My point is that this band needs to complete the tour and get to work on the new album in order for anyone to take these plans seriously. It was a herculean effort to release CD. Axl hinted in the Trunk interview that there were still label issues to take care of before movement on a new album could be made. For some reason, and especially true for this band, it is far easier to talk plans than to execute them. Sometimes I can't believe how hard it is for them to make progress.

Sky Dog wrote:

The positive side of me wants to think that when Tommy says Ax isn't ready to move on he is talking about releasing all the Chidem stuff first. I certainly would kill for a double album/half re-release with intended artwork.

Of course, that won't happen.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Tommy also talked about the other songs outside the 22 that are in various stages and that there were a few worth fleshing out and some others that weren't.

I remember in 06 during the Trunk thing when Axl first called in and said that they were rehearsing a song they hadn't even recorded yet. Strange stuff.

Doc's plan for a CD re-release, or it could have been Axl's plan for all we know and Doc couldn't exectute it, was to have just one new song attached to a CD re-release, "Blood In The Water" and leak "Jackie Chan" on Facebook.

johndivney wrote:

if this is happening it'll coincide w/the european football championship which is being hosted by poland & the ukraine.. i'm maybe gonna head over for the tournament & it'd be fun to take in Guns on that trip.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Tommy's comments aren't that much new information, but they are curious in the sense that the first time since CD release, someone in the band hints there are plans aside touring. I don't include DJ's vague comments on simply working on material, because Tommy said the band apparently intends to work on songs as a unit in early 2012.

What'll happen remains to be seen, naturally.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

johndivney wrote:

if this is happening it'll coincide w/the european football championship which is being hosted by poland & the ukraine.. i'm maybe gonna head over for the tournament & it'd be fun to take in Guns on that trip.

I noticed that too, I wonder if there's a link. To have a date announced 6 months ahead of time in the back of beyond of Poland seems a little odd to me.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Good catch.

Guns would benefit of a date prior to June 8th, otherwise the attendance may be meek with everyone out for soccer.

Board footer