You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Actually, it's a disgrace Madonna is in a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at all. No need to even compare her with the likes of Cure, Deep Purple, KISS, Bad Company (or at least Paul Rodgers) and on and on.

What's next,  Britney Spears before Pearl Jam?

That statement, even if meant as purpose of demonstration, warrants a banning.  15

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Actually, it's a disgrace Madonna is in a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at all. No need to even compare her with the likes of Cure, Deep Purple, KISS, Bad Company (or at least Paul Rodgers) and on and on.

What's next,  Britney Spears before Pearl Jam?

That statement, even if meant as purpose of demonstration, warrants a banning.  15

Sorry dude. Didn't know you were a Britney Spears fan. Sorry if my sarcasm offended you tongue

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think R&R HOF has become more of a music hall of fame. I don't have a problem with Rap and pop artists getting in.

The Cure and Depeche Mode should get in soon. Is Joy Division in?

I'd love to see Slash and Axl on stage again. Not saying it's going to happen, and I hope the nutswingers (both sides) don't fuck things up with their nonsense, but it would be nice. The new era would have to be (at least)invited to the ceremony though, because I think that would make Axl more comfortable and help block any reunion rumors.

And I'll say it again, if Gilby gets in, Tommy should get in. *lights Bono's fuse* wink

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I've posted a version of this before, and I'll do it again:

Perfect HOF circlejerk:

*Slash does 'Godfather solo'
*Duff plays So Fine with Axl
*Izzy plays 14 Years with Axl

*Bumblefoot plays Don't Cry with Axl backing.
*Matt and Steve are given gift cards to Chili's and shown the wrong door when it's time for their 10 minute drum solo.

*Dizzy is told to stop looking directly into the camera.

And the whole thing gets edited down to 2.6 seconds for Entertainment Tonight and The Morning After (on Hulu).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"*Matt and Steve are given gift cards to Chili's and shown the wrong door when it's time for their 10 minute drum solo."

I'd like to see the old line up do a "hit" set with Steven on the AFD stuff, and Matt on the UYI stuff. But I'd actually be happy with Frank filling in for Matt.

johndivney wrote:
-D- wrote:

GNR shouldn't be penalized for other less deserving bands

no way with their resume they aren't a first ballot HOF
Thats like saying don't put Michael Jordan in first ballot cause some other person isn't in yet.

One has nothing to do with the other.

this. esp this.

GnR were/are/will prob always be the greatest rock n roll band to come out of the USA.

the RRHOF has so many errors & evils it shouldn't exist or even be supported by the people.

it is only fit to compare Guns to the otherwise incomparable elite like The Stones/Zeppelin etc. 

are The Stooges r MC5 in this shit? seriously doubt likes of The Cure r Bon Jovi more deserving in terms of their contribution to r n' r than those two.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thats pretty cool news...hopefully it turns out to be true

if it happens though i am not convinced that axl and slash will take the stage together...would def be momentous it if did happen though

CANT WAIT FOR APRIL!

Sky Dog wrote:

funny...just watching some MC5....they blow the doors off The Cure or Bon Jovi...Stooges as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM6nasmk … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cg0qJ-i … re=related

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

Uh oh.

This is just going to be awkward on everyone involved.

Board footer