You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

As someone who puts little to no thought into a reunion, I would like to see Axl do a song or two with the old band. Or at least appear on stage with them to accept the honor. This particular opportunity's only going to come around one time.

Whatever happens, congratulations to everyone.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

They need to play together one time...the original 5. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven....no keyboards....just blow out Jungle, SCOM, and Paradise City.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

That cocksucker Eddie Trunk really thinks someone like Heart should get in over GNR cause GNR aren't a first ballot HOF band

Stupid fuck

That's not really what he's saying.  He's just pointing out how ridiculous it is for the Hall to keep out MANY legendary rock bands.  He agrees GNR should get in, just questions why others aren't in.  It does make you wonder how they pick who gets in.  I mean, what exactly is the criteria?  In sports you can compare stats and it makes it easier to debate who should or shouldn't get in.  GNR would probably have no chance at getting in if they were an athlete, because of their short-lived 6 year career.  The music world is different obviously, but there's not an exact science to choosing inductees.

My dream scenario, being a fan of anything and everything Guns N' Roses.  Let me preface this by saying, I have no idea how many songs the inductees usually play, but this is MY DREAM, so deal with it.

1) The current lineup kicks it off with "Chinese Democracy"
2) The 2002 lineup with Brain, Robin and Bucket (Paul if he's up for it) enter, play another CD song, possibly "Madagascar".
3) The UYI lineup with Matt, Gilby, Duff, and Slash play, well take your pick.  I'll go with "November Rain".
4) The AFD lineup gets up to close it out with Steven and Izzy.  Play WTTJ and PC to end it.

I  know, people will say the 2002 and current lineup have no right even looking at the Hall, but this is MY DREAM!  So BACK OFF! 13

Mazdarati
 Rep: 7 

Mazdarati wrote:

Faldor, I think that would be really cool, not just for the hardcore guys but for the people who just have no idea about the post UYI lineups...it could be very eye opening and I think it will end up showing people how close the current band is to the AFD lineup.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Mazdarati wrote:

I think it will end up showing people how close the current band is to the AFD lineup.

Huh? 14

johndivney wrote:

none of the 2002/6 or current lineup's have any right even looking at the RRHOF..

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axl will just send Ron or DJ to accept in his place.

That might be a very funny scene.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'm with faldor, but the 2002 lineup should play TWAT, and UYI lineup should play Coma or Locomotive.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
smoke wrote:

I'm with faldor, but the 2002 lineup should play TWAT, and UYI lineup should play Coma or Locomotive.

TWAT would be awesome, and it would showcase both Robin and Bucket. It's just a bitch of a song for Axl to pull off live. Then again, in a shortened set it could work out.

Same with "Coma". But we can dream.

Board footer