You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

gnfnraxl wrote:

Slash McKagan yes Kiss, Maiden, Heart, Rush and Purple should already be in and the RNRHOF will always be a joke for not having those bands in.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

That is what he is saying

He basically thinks GNR aren't first ballot worthy then points to a bunch of other bands that can't hold GNR's dick

GNR are a first ballot

Fuck those other bands, GNR getting in doesn't prevent one of them from getting in and even if it does, who gives a shit??? GNR are better than those bands.

Besides, there are much less deserving artists than GN'R already IN the Hall of Fame. The KISS, Heart, Rush, Maiden, and Purple fanboys should go bark up those trees before trying to shit on GN'R. Guns deserves to be in, and yes it should be on the first ballot.

Excuse me for saying this but if you are serious with this post, then you are a fucking moron man!  As much as I hate Kiss saying that they should not have been in on first ballot while GNR should is idiotic at best.  Rush and Maiden.  Those are 2 GREAT GREAT bands and saying that GNR is better than Rush is VERY debatable.  I am not saying GNR should not have gone in on 1st ballot but they are not more deserving than Kiss, Rush and Maiden.  So as far as the fanboys of those bands.  Before calling anyone a fanboy look in the mirror man.

Where did I say those bands shouldn't have gotten in on the first ballot? I merely said GN'R doesn't deserve to be shit on simply because those bands got screwed. Not sure why in the hell you're reading way more into what I actually said. It sucks those other bands aren't in, but that doesn't mean GN'R should then get fucked to make up for it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I completely understand having very strong opinions on the Rock Hall, but please, let's refrain from calling each other stuff like "fucking moron"

Especially when the guy didn't actually read what I wrote. Not once did I say Maiden, KISS, etc. didn't deserve to be in the Hall. Hell, not once did I say they shouldn't be first ballot Hall of Famers. I merely said GN'R deserved to get in on the first ballot and shouldn't be fucked over as a way to apologize to others who were screwed in the past. This logic of screwing over someone worthy so you can say "sorry" to someone who previously got screwed is eerily similar to what happens with the Oscars.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

He basically thinks GNR aren't first ballot worthy then points to a bunch of other bands that can't hold GNR's dick

GNR are a first ballot

Fuck those other bands, GNR getting in doesn't prevent one of them from getting in and even if it does, who gives a shit??? GNR are better than those bands.

Besides, there are much less deserving artists than GN'R already IN the Hall of Fame. The KISS, Heart, Rush, Maiden, and Purple fanboys should go bark up those trees before trying to shit on GN'R. Guns deserves to be in, and yes it should be on the first ballot.

Excuse me for saying this but if you are serious with this post, then you are a fucking moron man!  As much as I hate Kiss saying that they should not have been in on first ballot while GNR should is idiotic at best.  Rush and Maiden.  Those are 2 GREAT GREAT bands and saying that GNR is better than Rush is VERY debatable.  I am not saying GNR should not have gone in on 1st ballot but they are not more deserving than Kiss, Rush and Maiden.  So as far as the fanboys of those bands.  Before calling anyone a fanboy look in the mirror man.

So many of u are missing the point and then calling others morons??

Really??

GNR are a first ballot

If other bands got passed over thats terrible and bullshit HOWEVER, GNR should not be penalized

U won't find a bigger Kiss fan than I am, but Comparing their music to GNR's is laughable at best.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

GNR are a first ballot

Yeah well Kiss should already be in

No doubt. That doesn't mean GN'R should get fucked over as a way to apologize to KISS. There are a lot worse artists in the Hall of Fame who likely shouldn't be in there. KISS got screwed. It sucks. Maiden got screwed. That sucks too. Dio should be in as a solo artist as well. Sucks he is not in. Sucks Paul Rodgers isn't in either. Sucks that Purple isn't in. But that doesn't mean GN'R should get fucked to apologize to any of those artists. Go kick Madonna out since it's supposed to be the rock and roll Hall, not the pop Hall.

AtariLegend wrote:

I personally wouldn't be surprissed, had this been a different award, with just Gilby Clarke, Matt Sorum and Slash showing up... ala "Behind The Music".

Would be cool to see Axl play with Duff and Izzy.

It's just an opinion and I know no one else will agree, but Axl and Slash playing with each other like the past 15 years didn't happen, would kind of sell short the feud. It wouldn't just be Guns N' Roses reunion, it would be Slash forgives Axl for being a dick head according to certain sections of the press.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

What's next,  Britney Spears before Pearl Jam?

That statement, even if meant as purpose of demonstration, warrants a banning.  15

Sorry dude. Didn't know you were a Britney Spears fan. Sorry if my sarcasm offended you tongue

Your sarcasm offended me for the fact that I could actually see it happening, which would be just another huge blow to this organizations credibility.

I mean, I can see them putting Britney in before PJ. Nirvana will get in.  But I would be willing to bet PJ, SG and AIC will be left out, despite the fact that all 3 of those bands are superior to Nirvana in almost every conceivable way. 

You depressed me Bono.  14

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
by Associated Press

Guns N’ Roses, the Beastie Boys, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the late singer/songwriter Laura Nyro, Donovan, and influential British rock group The Small Faces/The Faces — which included Rod Stewart and Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood — were named as the 2012 class of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees.

Nyro, who wrote such hits the 5th Dimension’s “Wedding Bell Blues” and Blood Sweat & Tears’ “When I Die,” is the only female act to make it this time around. The hall passed on Donna Summer, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Heart and Rufus with Chaka Khan, who were on the ballot for 2012.

But it wasn’t just women who were denied entry into the rock hall for next year. Voters also passed on hip-hop pioneers Eric B. & Rakim, War, the Cure, and the Spinners.

Guns N’ Roses blazed on the rock scene in 1987 with their official debut, “Appetite for Destruction.” Fronted by siren-voiced singer Axl Rose, with Slash and Izzy Stradlin on guitars, Duff McKagan on bass and Steven Adler on drums, the group dominated music with its aggressive rock grooves. Early in their career they were criticized for lyrics in the song “One in a Million” deemed as homophobic, misogynistic and racist. They were also defined by their dysfunction, gleefully embodying the mantra of sex, drugs and rock and roll.

The band sold millions and millions of albums, providing a sharp contrast to a pop world defined by the likes of Madonna and Michael Jackson. But the group’s turmoil, often on display before the whole world, would cause the core to fall apart by 1996. Their induction should lead to talk once again of a possible reunion, at least for the induction ceremony.

Their trajectory was the opposite of the Chili Peppers. Despite troubles that included the drug-related death of guitarist Hillel Slovak and the departure of guitarist John Frusciante, the band, fronted by Anthony Kiedis, with Flea on bass, drummer Chad Smith and guitarist Josh Klinghoffer, released its 10th album, “I’m With You,” this year.

The Beastie Boys (Adam Yauch, Mike Diamond and Adam Horowitz) are among the pioneers of rap. The first white act to make real inroads in the emerging genre, they were known initially for boorish party music, but would develop into a group critically acclaimed for its musicality, experimenting with different soundscapes, even producing an instrumental album.

Both Stewart and Wood will become second-time members of the Rock Hall (Stewart was inducted as a solo artist in 1994 and Wood as part of the Rolling Stones in 1989) for the Small Faces/The Faces, a key rock group that developed as British invasion was peaking. Among their hits was the song “Stay With Me.”

“Well it’s quite a thrill and honor to make it in the Hall of Fame a second time,” Stewart said in a statement. “We (The Faces) were always synonymous with a good party and with this list of fellow artists being inducted I’m looking forward to (it) … and it’s a hell of a good reason to reunite and celebrate with my old mates.”

Donovan is best known for trippy hits like “Mellow Yellow.”

Guns N’ Roses and the Faces were inducted their first time on the ballot. The Chili Peppers had to wait until their second try, and the Beastie Boys and Nyro were denied twice before making it this time around.

Other inductees include Freddie King for early influence; rock promoter Don Kirshner, who died earlier this year, receives the Ahmet Ertegun award; and Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns and Cosimo Matssa will be honored for musical excellence.

The Rock and Roll Hall of fame induction ceremony will be held in Cleveland, where the rock hall is based, on April 14.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/12/07/rock … inductees/

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
-D- wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

So many of u are missing the point and then calling others morons??

Really??

GNR are a first ballot

If other bands got passed over thats terrible and bullshit HOWEVER, GNR should not be penalized

U won't find a bigger Kiss fan than I am, but Comparing their music to GNR's is laughable at best.

In no way is Kiss better than GNR I'll grant you that.  But Rush is debatable.  Rush are very underrated.

Board footer