You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses on YouTube

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Hopefully I'm not the only one who hadn't heard this before!  smile

[youtube]xau1kvOrcKU&feature=related[/youtube]

I'd never heard it before and I honestly, truely believe this is much better than the album version.

I quite like this, the only this that ruins it is the terrible cut n paste job on the vocals at the end where they added those "thats what I'd tell ya" parts. It really stands out even more here.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's mediocre. Straight up. I don't hear what you guys are hearing. No soul, no power, no emotion, just some guy covering the song with no real flare. Sounds like a YouTube cover with no power.

What really sucks is, for anyone who's listened to the Rock Band mogg's, knows that there is in actual existance in Axl's vault, a Robin Finck-acoustic only version of Street of Dreams, that's layered under the studio song.

I had originally remixed the album with the hope to unearth that, but was unsuccessful due to the final mix for Rock Band.

Robin's acoustic take on Street of Dreams is Slash-era awesome. Trust me, i'm not a diehard Robin guy, but he fuckin' owns it in the bits I heard.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Saw these on one of the other boards.

This uploader ain't messin' around!!!  9  9

Awesome video-quality! That's def NOT a cellphone he's using!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's mediocre. Straight up. I don't hear what you guys are hearing. No soul, no power, no emotion, just some guy covering the song with no real flare. Sounds like a YouTube cover with no power..

You don't like stripped down "lazy" covers though. I think it's actually really good. It highlights the song writing. In my opinion the album version is ruined by a mess of too much stuff. Less is more, more often than not and a stripped back version I hear here is better than the album version in my opinion. Would love to hear the Robin acoustic.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I like Rons Nightrain solo, is that how he's played all this tour?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

Brilliant 16

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Fuckin' awesome!!!  9

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Saw these on one of the other boards.

This uploader ain't messin' around!!!  9  9

Awesome video-quality! That's def NOT a cellphone he's using!

Wow Nice camera work the lighting and effect looks cool these days 9

Board footer