You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

johndivney wrote:
Aussie wrote:
faldor wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Paid meet n' greets are totally lame. Thumbs down.

I agree, but if people are willing to pay, then why not?  Artists don't make crap off of record sales anymore these days, so they have to find different ways to turn a profit.

Agree, that's why when people say $lash or xyz band is a sellout I think it's crap. Unfortunately in todays music environment you need to be innovative and look at other means to make a dollar compared to the traditional ways.

Maybe Axl is just beginning to figure that out.

well i disagree & i think it is crap. you can be innovative & look @ other means to make a dollar but you don't have to use the shoddy practices such as these, ESPECIALLY after your frontman/head honcho vehemently called it "disgusting"!

how the fuck can they reconcile that? just to make a few more canoli's?! there's gotta be a limit to this shit. & this is over the fucking line.

saying that anyone mad enough to pay to meet dj/richard/frank/fernando well, a fool is easily parted with his cash.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Look if I was them I'm not sure I would charge fans for meet and greet I would rather do it for nothing as a nice gesture.

But I don't blame artists these days for looking at other avenues to make a buck because you aren't gonna get rich from album sales anymore.

Yes it's a complete about face on the issue. But it's funny as I was looking thru those Axl chats again looking for that quote, I noticed Axl making judgements on things or opinions of  Slash from 20 years ago. Saying Sash hated Sweet chid or AFD, or he thought this and said that during the post UYI sessions or whatever.  Axl has done a 180 degree turn on this issue in 3 years, can't others change their mind or point of view. Hopefully he allows them that grace to change position too over time and not hang them for shit from years ago. If he can that bodes well for a civil RNRHOF.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:
faldor wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Paid meet n' greets are totally lame. Thumbs down.

I agree, but if people are willing to pay, then why not?  Artists don't make crap off of record sales anymore these days, so they have to find different ways to turn a profit.

Agree, that's why when people say $lash or xyz band is a sellout I think it's crap. Unfortunately in todays music environment you need to be innovative and look at other means to make a dollar compared to the traditional ways.

Agree with you and Faldor. I never understood the $lash shit.

And I really dig the new logo.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:
faldor wrote:

Agree with you and Faldor. I never understood the $lash shit.

And I really dig the new logo.

Yeah, some of the stuff Slash did I didn't like just out of personal taste.  But I never got on the guy for doing what he wanted to do to make an extra buck regardless of how ridiculous it might have seemed.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Still looks shite, but at least this is temporary smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Dunno bout selling... but a wee free download of a few pro mixed live songs now and then would be amazing.
Theres talk of a suprise at the LA show, mabye they will stream it on this site as a launch?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Come on guys, seriously? I know we're all trying to be positive, but really? Really?

GNR's website situation has been a laughing stock for years, like umm -- a decade.

I don't see it changing. I just don't.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Well we know there will be lots of pics, thats why Miss Bendzover is on tour smile

AtariLegend wrote:

That DJ is the new guitar player news that was on that site for 2 1/2 years without update, made me miss gnronline.

Board footer