You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: December 16, Key Arena- Seattle, WA

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You Could Be Mine (with special guest Duff McKagan)

Note: Duff on bass / no Tommy

ZERO interaction between Axl and Duff on stage.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I will post a better review later on.  I just woke up an hour ago after. 16

From the pics we've seen since GNR started touring, I was expecting Axl to look fat, but he doesn't.  Maybe the lenses they are using are not a good fit, I have no idea, but he looks skinny in person.  I'd say him and Slash are about the same size. 

The only bitching I heard from the crowd was that GNR went on after 1030 and then proceeded to play for 3 hours.  (Seriously, an early start for GNR).  I have a feeling Loaded went on late to make up for Axl coming on late.  I really don't understand the bitching about GNR playing for so long.  You are at a rock concert on a Friday night- and we got our fucking money's worth out of that show. 

Crowd reaction wasn't anything like what I was expecting.  People make it sound so negative.  Crowd was chanting Axl a few times throughout the night.  TONS of people screaming "We love you Axl!" and there were GNR chants as well. 

A lot of people singing along to This I Love. 

Crowd went crazy when Duff came out.  However, it was kind of a short guest spot.  It was over before it even started.  I was expecting something closer to O2. 

They should really drop one of the ACDC covers (Riff Raff).  Whole Lotta Rosie sounded amazing,  but there were a lot of people that didn't know what they were playing.  There are so many other covers (or GNR songs) that they could do in the place of Riff Raff. 

Axl seemed to be in a great mood.  He sounded amazing too.  Was very active on stage too.  He puts younger singers to shame. 

While waiting for GNR, there were people debating what time GNR would come on.  Someone said something along the lines of "Well Axl's much older now, surely he won't come on late anymore." 

Seating in the arena looked full.  I don't think the floor was at full capacity though.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't get the bitching about the lateness either, especially for a weekend show.  It's just part of the pussification of America and the rest of the world to a point.  People are so used to getting things their way.  They want their shows to start promptly at 8pm, end at 10, so they can be home and in bed for the 11 o'clock news.

Live it a little for one night, it won't kill you to live like a rock star for one evening.  And yeah, for people to complain about the concert being too long.  That's the epitome of ridiculousness.  People always complain about not getting their monies worth.  They get plenty of that and more at a GNR show.  I'll fully admit, the 3 hour show I went to took a lot out of me, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

This band plays really well together.  There were only two hiccups in their set.  They had one of Shackler's and one on November Rain.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You Could Be Mine (with special guest Duff McKagan)

Note: Duff on bass / no Tommy

ZERO interaction between Axl and Duff on stage.

Yeah, but there really wasn't any in London during the same song.  It didn't really mean anything ultimately as they hung out after the show.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't get the bitching about the lateness either, especially for a weekend show.  It's just part of the pussification of America and the rest of the world to a point.  People are so used to getting things their way.  They want their shows to start promptly at 8pm, end at 10, so they can be home and in bed for the 11 o'clock news.

Live it a little for one night, it won't kill you to live like a rock star for one evening.  And yeah, for people to complain about the concert being too long.  That's the epitome of ridiculousness.  People always complain about not getting their monies worth.  They get plenty of that and more at a GNR show.  I'll fully admit, the 3 hour show I went to took a lot out of me, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have no problem at all with how long they play for. Thats' fucking awesome I think. Late starts do suck though even on a  weekend. Tough to live like a  rock star when the venue stops serving alcohol before the headliners even go on stage and then the show runs so fucking late the bars are closed by the time you get out of the venue. That's my beef. I want my shows to start at a  decent time not so I can be at home in bed in time for the nightly news but so I can go out afterwards and hit a pub before last call with my buddies who go to the show with me. The Gn'R starts times make that impossible. At least here where bars close by 2am. If Gn'R started their shows at 9:00 like most bands I could be out of the venue at at a  bar with 90 minutes to spare before last call.  That's my issue. You end up spending the whole night at the venue if you wanna see the opening acts and the beer is outrageously priced and not even for sale by the tiem Gn'R goes on. . I like to drink my beers not slam them at home before the show just so I'm drunk. Pre drinks don't appeal to me. The only reason I'd pre drink would be if I wanted to be shitfaced for the show.  I'll have 3 or 4 during the show but it sure would be nice to be able to sit down ata  pub and have a couple afterwards like I was able to do after Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters.

For me it has nothing to do with pussifcation. It has everything to do with the overall experience of the night and being stuck at the venue untill after 1:00am taints that when it doesn't have to be that way. Doesn't make the shows any less awsome but the overall evening could be much cooler if Gn'R hit the stage by 9:00pm I think

just my opinion.

the way the start times have been printed on the tickets though is much better this time around.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who else is assuming rnr hof reunion?

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Loaded started playing around 9.  Got done around 10.  GNR took stage a little after 1030.  It was a really short wait compared to what I was ready for.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Who else is assuming rnr hof reunion?

So the original lineup should reunite for that night?  What about everyone else that helped make GNR big?  Should Gilby and Matt be a part of it? 

What about Robin, Bucket, Brain, Frank, Ron, Chris, Tommy etc?  Those guys helped create CD, which has only added to the GNR legacy.  GNR got inducted- they didn't specify "GNR but only the AFD lineup."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

True, but it's assumed Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy are the FOR SURE locks.

Board footer