You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: December 16, Key Arena- Seattle, WA

Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Who else is assuming rnr hof reunion?

So the original lineup should reunite for that night?  What about everyone else that helped make GNR big?  Should Gilby and Matt be a part of it? 

What about Robin, Bucket, Brain, Frank, Ron, Chris, Tommy etc?  Those guys helped create CD, which has only added to the GNR legacy.  GNR got inducted- they didn't specify "GNR but only the AFD lineup."

CD has not added to the Gn'R legacy. It's tainted the legacy much more so than added to it. Nobody involved with CD helped Gn'R gain the legacy they have. Matt should be part of it yes because he recorded on and toured the Illusions which unlike CD did play a part in the legacy.

CD is the after legacy. It's the legacy of Guns N' Roses once the overwhelming perception became it was no longer Guns N' Roses but rather an Axl Rose band witha  collection of hire hands. It has nothing to do with the RRHOF and it has nothing to do with the badest band on the planet.

Too many people are confusing the CD era member's contributions on CD  as contributions to the Gn'R legacy. That isn't it at all. The only way CD contributed to the legacy is because of it's long anticipation. That's it. It has nothing to do with who was in the band between 1997-2011. Nothing.  Nor does it have anything really to do with the material.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Who else is assuming rnr hof reunion?

So the original lineup should reunite for that night?  What about everyone else that helped make GNR big?  Should Gilby and Matt be a part of it? 

What about Robin, Bucket, Brain, Frank, Ron, Chris, Tommy etc?  Those guys helped create CD, which has only added to the GNR legacy.  GNR got inducted- they didn't specify "GNR but only the AFD lineup."

CD has not added to the Gn'R legacy. It's tainted the legacy much more so than added to it. Nobody involved with CD helped Gn'R gain the legacy they have. Matt should be part of it yes because he recorded on and toured the Illusions which unlike CD did play a part in the legacy.

CD is the after legacy. It's the legacy of Guns N' Roses once the overwhelming perception became it was no longer Guns N' Roses but rather an Axl Rose band witha  collection of hire hands. It has nothing to do with the RRHOF and it has nothing to do with the badest band on the planet.

Too many people are confusing the CD era member's contributions on CD  as contributions to the Gn'R legacy. That isn't it at all. The only way CD contributed to the legacy is because of it's long anticipation. That's it. It has nothing to do with who was in the band between 1997-2011. Nothing.  Nor does it have anything really to do with the material.

Everything you just said proved my point.  I said that CD added to the GNR legacy.  I didn't qualify that and say whether it was good or bad. 

Everything you said helped to prove that CD did add to the GNR legacy.  (Good or bad doesn't matter)  Without CD, people wouldn't be talking about GNR.  The huge wait kept GNR/Axl in the spotlight.  It is the butt of a lot of jokes.  But with all the hype surrounding it there was no way it could live up.  What we got is a perfectly good rock record (which there are too few of these days). 

With everyone singing along to CD songs in concert, I do think those guys deserve some credit given to them. 

There's a point in time where people have to move on and accept that this is how GNR is right now. I kind of feel that it would be a slap in the face to the guys in the band now to reunite with the old members.  These guys seem to finally be getting some legitimacy to their lineup and a reunion would destroy that. 

If GNR reunited, even for one night, people would want more, and people would turn away from this lineup even more.  I say don't do it unless you're actually going to get back together.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Everything you just said proved my point.  I said that CD added to the GNR legacy.  I didn't qualify that and say whether it was good or bad. 

Everything you said helped to prove that CD did add to the GNR legacy.  (Good or bad doesn't matter)  Without CD, people wouldn't be talking about GNR. The huge wait kept GNR/Axl in the spotlight.  It is the butt of a lot of jokes.  But with all the hype surrounding it there was no way it could live up.  What we got is a perfectly good rock record (which there are too few of these days). 

With everyone singing along to CD songs in concert, I do think those guys deserve some credit given to them. 

There's a point in time where people have to move on and accept that this is how GNR is right now. I kind of feel that it would be a slap in the face to the guys in the band now to reunite with the old members.  These guys seem to finally be getting some legitimacy to their lineup and a reunion would destroy that. 

If GNR reunited, even for one night, people would want more, and people would turn away from this lineup even more.  I say don't do it unless you're actually going to get back together.

Holy shit dude  are you for real?  Nobody would be talking about Guns N' Roses if it weren't for CD?  The huge wait kept AXL in the spotlight not his band of interchangeable hired hands.

Give all the credit you want to the CD era guys when it comes to recording CD and touring with Axl but no way in hell do they deserve credit for Gn'R's legacy. You know the legacy that is actually the reason for them being inducted into the hall of fame.  You never said anything about reuniting you were talking about who should get inducted to the RRHOF and I gave prime examples as to why NOBODY from the CD era deserves to be in the RRHOF under the Gn'R banner. Had Gn'R officially broken up  15 years ago and nobody had been anticipating HIS album  and suddenly in 2008 Axl releases a "Guns N' Roses" record with all new guys would they have contributed to the legacy? Hell no.  Because there was no mythical album. The mythical album is part of the Gn'R story but it didn't create their legacy nor did the contributing members of CD.

You will only find this opinion on Gn'R fan forums and it's not even shared by all fans. Outside these forums walls the idea of a CD era members being inducted would be met with a huge "FUCK NO!" 

This is Guns N' Roses now and I've accepted that, I like this version of the band but no way in hell will I ever accept the arguement that any of these guys helped build the legacy of Gn'R to the point that if it wasn't for them nobody would be talking about Guns N' Roses. I seem to recall Slash and Duff having fairly high profile careers since their Gn'R days that have ALWAYS had people refering back to Gn'R. A hell of a lot more so than what Robin Finck, Ron or Buckethead  have done.

I agree with you though that reuniting even for one night is gonna cause some issues. It's gonna be weird and it is a tough situation. IF the old band performs at this RRHOF event it's gonna open up a whole new can of worms for people  screaming for a reunion. And if there isn't a new album coming any time soon I'll be one of those people,screaming "stop with the farce and just fucking reunite"

the new band could be awesome but if nothing is coming other than more touring just fucking end it. What makes me wonder is Axl won't commit to any new music any time soon. That's ridiculous.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
supaplex wrote:

'with your ass in the air' is back

duff 11

Heard that earlier today! 9

Saiken cheers for the review.

I listened to this ycbm vid and is it just me, or the avg quality vid, but the guitar work at the start before the lyrics kick in sounds terrible, it sounds to me nothing like the album version?

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yer they have been playing like that for a while now

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

[youtube]PJiaY0Q9Tow&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Axl sounds like mickey mouse

Bono

Bono wrote:

Cool footage though.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

YCBM is a very hard song to sing, and as has been the norm on this tour, YCBM doesn't fit Axl's voice well. The rest of the songs does.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer