You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Live At The Joint in Las Vegas, NV - New Year's (Dec. 31st, 2011)

DCK wrote:

yeah maybe

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'm driving home from the show right now.  Oh my god was not played

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah, it was too good to be true

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Rex wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up sad

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Rex wrote:

But didnt DJ say we were in for some surprises at these Vegas gigs and Dizzy said we might even hear something new?

I'm confused, does this mean these guys actually have no fucken idea what is going on and no say in anything?  I'm shocked!

Insert sarcasm 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I edited the original post. I smelled a rat when it happened. I NEVER EVER EVER EVER trust ANYTHING that comes from asshats on MyGNR.

And I broke that rule, and i'm sorry.

Glad Rex got a good show (I guess), but I personally feel it's beyond incredible epic fucking LAMENESS that they played two back-to-back shows at the same venue and played IDENTICAL setlists.

Real fuckin' lazy guys, real fuckin' lazy. And if I would've paid for those shows, or even another iClips stream, i'd be furious today.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so no surprises...no surprise really

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

It was a kickass show nonetheless.  I didn't go in expecting them to debut anything or play anything special, just a kickass rock show, which is what I got.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Glad Rex got a good show (I guess), but I personally feel it's beyond incredible epic fucking LAMENESS that they played two back-to-back shows at the same venue and played IDENTICAL setlists.

Real fuckin' lazy guys, real fuckin' lazy. And if I would've paid for those shows, or even another iClips stream, i'd be furious today.

It's a shame, but then it's how quite a few bands do it. When i saw Ac/Dc in melbourne they played 3 shows back to back and each night was identical to the last in setlist, stage moves, and yes, even down the the vocal comments made between songs. Got to say though..Ac/Dc puts on such a great show that it didn't phase me and every one of those nights was great.

So i'm sure Rex will have had a killer show experience all the same.

The only thing "negative" I would say about it, is that it's such a waste of the songs that don't get played. I'm sure tons of us are chomping at the bit to hear OMG - let alone if they busted out a truely new song - and there's a lot of chinese numbers like ITW, Scraped and TWAT that are amongst the favourites of us new band fan boys. So we'd love to see that - but then I'm also a realist and know that although I'd loose my shit for a CD heavy set list, I'm guessing the bulk of the paid audience want exactly the type of mix they get.

Overall this tour has been really successful though, and we've got some great footage proshot of the new band now (would have killed for that a couple of years back) and we've got civil war back into the setlist...so I can't really complain. Sure in fantasy world I'd have liked an epic surprise for NYE...but no harm done, I'm happy with the band running pretty smoothly like it seems to at the moment.

Board footer