You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: New song poll

Olorin wrote:

Atlas Shrugged.

Zutaut said it has some sick drumming from Brain on it, dying to hear it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Somewhere around there's probably a studio version of silkworms too.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Olorin wrote:

Atlas Shrugged.

Oh, good point. I'd like to hear the version with Brian May playing on it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Atlas and Seven. Brain and Marco all pointed to Seven as being the best of the bunch.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
misterID wrote:

Atlas and Seven. Brain and Marco all pointed to Seven as being the best of the bunch.

which bunch

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Atlas Shrugged.

I wander whether when the song is released Axl will include brians parts this time. Brian seemed a little upset he wasn't on catcher on the album.

If they are making alt versions of cd songs available to purchase online catcher plus Brian would be cool!

Faster
 Rep: 3 

Faster wrote:

I said the Izzy song. If I were only selecting one song to hear it would be that or a new Oh My God as I would rather hear the rest collectively on a new release (wishful thinking I am sure).

I am curious about the Izzy track though for two reasons, one, it would likely have the most recently recorded Axl vocals which would be interesting to hear; and two, I would be curious as to whether it would be a more stripped down laid back tune for New GNR or whether they have piled a million guitar tracks on top of the thing.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

Somewhere around there's probably a studio version of silkworms too.

I hope there is. When I heard it on the RIO 2001 video, it blew my mind!! Bucket was having the time of his life with that song. He had that same enthusiasm with OMG was being played too. The intro is pure magic!! I'm hoping they release a ton of session work with the new album or a separate collection of all that vault material.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Scabbie wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Atlas Shrugged.

I wander whether when the song is released Axl will include brians parts this time. Brian seemed a little upset he wasn't on catcher on the album.

If they are making alt versions of cd songs available to purchase online catcher plus Brian would be cool!

I hope they do. I think Brian himself would be pleased with that since he was disappointed that Axl and the producers edited out this parts in the final mixes. That kind of ended speaking terms between for the most part around 1999. Even though I thought Catcher was pretty good in the final mix it just had a little too much over production on the guitar and bass parts. I would of been just fine to have Paul and Robin do the rhythm written guitar parts while Brian does his solo. Even though Ron's overdub worked well in the solo and was able to throw in his own ideas.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

Soul Monster would be my #1, but since it is not an option, I went with Atlas.  How in the hell have we known about this song for 12 years and I've still not heard a single second of it?  Breaks my heart.  It has almost reached This I Love mythical status in my book, but I actually want to hear Atlas more than I wanted to hear TIL.

Board footer