You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: NFL Playoffs

Smoking Guns wrote:

Tebow isnt good. But, he is a good person.

Steelers looking shitty at the moment.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think the broncos might squeak it out

i hate to say i told ya so big_smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Steelers gave the game to the Broncos.

Next game, the Patriots will destroy the Broncos.

Although I will say Tebow finally proved himself. A REAL football pressure-intensive game, and he took down a Super Bowl-winning Quarterback. An 8-8 team beat a 12-4 team.

He and the Broncos deserve full credit for that.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah Pats will definitely wipe out the Broncos.  You play zone vs Tebow not man to man. The WR for the Broncos is legit though.  Both of the AFC divisional round games look like blowouts for the home teams.  Might as well just wait for BAL@NE to begin in a week.

The real interesting games are in the NFC.  NO@SF and NYG@GB hold far more interest and appeal to me.  It's clear that for this year, the NFC is the superior conference.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Steelers gave the game to the Broncos.

Next game, the Patriots will destroy the Broncos.

Although I will say Tebow finally proved himself. A REAL football pressure-intensive game, and he took down a Super Bowl-winning Quarterback. An 8-8 team beat a 12-4 team.

He and the Broncos deserve full credit for that.

Impressive win by the Broncos for sure.  I didn't think they'd score double digits in that game.  I did think it'd be close though because the Steelers were severely banged up heading into the game and it only got worse during the course of the game.  Not to take anything away from Denver, but the Steelers were far from peak condition.  Their entire D-line was filled with backups, their leading tackler couldn't play because of a medical condition, their All Pro center was out, their All Pro RB was out, their QB was gimping around all game.  Going into the game, as a Patriot fan, I wanted Denver to win.  But watching it and seeing how badly hobbled the Steelers were, I nearly changed my mind.  The Pats SHOULD beat Denver to end their 3 game playoff losing streak, and I think they would've beaten Pittsburgh with what they showed today.

And yes Neemo, Josh McDaniels is back with the Patriots in an advisory role starting tomorrow and then will take over as offensive coordinator next season when Bill O'brien leaves for Penn St.  Should be a smooth transition since he's been in that position before, though I think I could succeed as offensive coordinator with Tom Brady as my QB.  Don't forget that McDaniels was the coach in Denver and drafted both Tebow and Demaryius Thomas.  So he should know a thing or two about those guys that could help.  Although the Pats defense is so bad, I don't know how much of a difference that will make. 

I will be there next Saturday night, in the cold, hopefully not witnessing my 3rd straight season ending defeat.  The last 2 playoff losses to the Jets and Ravens were no fun at all to be a witness to.  The Giants Super Bowl loss was probably worse watching at home, since I watched it with ALL Giants fans.  Poor choice on my part.  Let's just say I had NO intentions of the Patriots losing that game, otherwise I would've watched it by myself.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I have to say, I doubted Tebow as well, but he did damn good that game.  The Steelers weren't at 100%, but lets give the man some credit.  He did good scrambling out of the pocket and making those passes.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah Tebow threw some great balls in that game. They're going to need to let him do his thing against a much weaker Patriots defense. And I think they'll need to put up 30 plus to have a chance. Tebow also threw some terrible passes in that game too. It's amazing how he can look so good one minute and so bad the next. I don't know if it's by design. Maybe he's being ultra careful trying to not throw the ball into traffic at certain times. But I chalk it up to inaccuracy and inconsistency.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Lions lost. I was wrong about Tebow...

I'm out of this thread for the rest of the playoffs lol

The Lions just ran into a buzzsaw in New Orleans.  I don't think they can be beaten at home, or in a dome period.  So IF they make the Super Bowl I think they'd be heavy favorites.  But to get there they have to win AT San Fran and potentially AT Green Bay.  That's a tough task.

And Tebow is going to confuse and frustrate NFL fans, critics, etc. throughout his entire career.  He threw some amazingly great passes against Pitt, and he threw some passes that resembled a 10 year old girl throwing.  He's highly inconsistent throwing the ball at this point in his career.  I imagine he'll get better over time, but I don't think he'll ever be an extremely accurate passer.  He's a damn good runner as a QB though, and that will always be his biggest strength that will help him be more effective as a passer.  I don't think a QB has ever had a game like he had yesterday.  He only completed 10 passes, under 50% completion.  Yet averaged over 30 yards per completion, and 316 overall.  A crazy stat line.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

49ers are the most overrated team in the NFL right now. I know they have a great defense but their offense won't hold up. Alex Smith has improved but isn't anywhere near a top 10 QB, and Gore has been very inconsistent all year. Saints will tear the 49ers into shreds

Board footer