You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Obama is begging for a Carter style ass kicking but there's no Reagan to give it to him.

Obama wins no matter which GOP clown gets the nom.

Wouldnt surprise me if Obama gets some repub votes this time. A person that can vote W can vote O.

You know one.

Me.

I never got that whole "Obama changed" bullshit from the Democrats. Sure Obama was more liberal during his senate days, but I mean how stupid can people be?

Every president in a war situation makes some "pull out" statement, then sees the situation on the ground (meaning the money and political fallout), and suddenly backs off of their statement.

Obama also drew a hardline stance on the situation in Afghanistan & Pakistan from the very beginning. I seem to remember him saying something similar to "if we know Osama is in Pakistan, we're gonna get him whether they like it or not".

Hello 2011, haha.

My point is... I knew from the beginning Obama would carry on Bush's 3rd term.

It blows my mind to hear Republicans run down Obama as the "worst president ever", when he's basically Bush by way of south Chicago. He just wears blue ties instead of red ones.

Obama made it clear during his run that he'd go where the terrorists were and pull troops from where they were not. Not sure why either side acted surprised when he did what he said he was going to do.

I've said this before, but claiming Obama is the same as W is like saying a car and a house are the same thing because they both have windows.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Oh and Santorum is a slime. Worse than Perry or Bachman...

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Hearing Ron Paul call Newt a chickenhawk during the debate was pretty awesome.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Obama is begging for a Carter style ass kicking but there's no Reagan to give it to him.

Obama wins no matter which GOP clown gets the nom.

Wouldnt surprise me if Obama gets some repub votes this time. A person that can vote W can vote O.

You know one.

Me.

I never got that whole "Obama changed" bullshit from the Democrats. Sure Obama was more liberal during his senate days, but I mean how stupid can people be?

Every president in a war situation makes some "pull out" statement, then sees the situation on the ground (meaning the money and political fallout), and suddenly backs off of their statement.

Obama also drew a hardline stance on the situation in Afghanistan & Pakistan from the very beginning. I seem to remember him saying something similar to "if we know Osama is in Pakistan, we're gonna get him whether they like it or not".

Hello 2011, haha.

My point is... I knew from the beginning Obama would carry on Bush's 3rd term.

It blows my mind to hear Republicans run down Obama as the "worst president ever", when he's basically Bush by way of south Chicago. He just wears blue ties instead of red ones.

Obama made it clear during his run that he'd go where the terrorists were and pull troops from where they were not. Not sure why either side acted surprised when he did what he said he was going to do.

I've said this before, but claiming Obama is the same as W is like saying a car and a house are the same thing because they both have windows.

There are a few things they are different about...

Obama is black / Bush is white

Obama is a better representative / Bush is a better leader

Obama supports govt. health care / Bush wanted to get rid of Medicare

Other than those things, everything else they've been virtually identical on.

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:

m223514923.png

As a Paul fan, I approve. Romney looks very strong, but this year delegates are being awarded proportionally, not in a winner takes all format, so it's not as over for say Gingrich or other establishment GOP candidates YET.

Heading into South Carolina the polls look like...

b223514940.png

Will Romney win and go 3-0 in primary states? Does Gingrich and his super PAC have a chance to knock Romney down? Is there room for Santorum to gain with social conservatives? When does Huntsman realize he will never gain any traction in SC and drop out after staking his entire campaign on NH? Can Ron Paul get a bump from his unexpectedly strong NH finish? When will Perry realize he's through!?

All this and more when some more polls from SC come in

Hidden Text:

s223013587.gif

_
PS. Mods can you change the thread title to "Who will be the 2012 GOP Nominee?"

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Santorum is a fucking conservative prick. Anyone who wants to go to war against gays and their rights as human beings are SCUM in my book so he can just fuck the fuck off.

Santorum is sucking the Bible Thumper/Pat Robertson cock right now, doing like alot of Republicans and weasling the "stupid" Christian vote, which it could be the anti-Christ and they would vote for them... simply because he's a no-name, no-chance Neo-Con who's trying to kiss red-ass in order to get elected.

That move has always been a last resort for Republicans when they smell death in the air.

DCK wrote:

Paul? Who thinks anything state run is communism? No love for any of these weirdos from me.

Paul is extreme, but he's the right kind of extreme. I don't agree with his "give banks the keys to your first born daughter's pussy" politics (metaphor), but at the same time... bankers pretty much control the U.S. government as it is.

So what's the difference?

I agree with Paul on just about everything else. And the thing that's great about Paul is HE MAKES REPUBLICANS NERVOUS.

When you're own party is skittish of you... that's when you know you're being truthful and making sense.

He makes them nervous, and I like that. That's the only thing I do like right now. I haven't read more than a few articles on Paul, but I don't like what I'm hearing. He supports a US withdrawal from WTO, UN, NATO apperantly? I can't even begin to describe how dangerous and bad that would be. I'm sure a lot of people elsewhere will rejoice when they know that "finally USA will not intervene in our shit" but nothing scares me more. Backing out of NATO and the UN will tip the world power balance scale to territories I'm scared to even think of. That's when I will be anti-American. First, it will bite us Europeans in the ass, then with time, it will bite yourself in the ass and it will hurt. It will hurt WW2 scale hurting.  No Paul from me. I'd rather have Bush in office for three decades.

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

South Carolina's going to be interesting, but really it's sink or swim for the field.  Romneys wins or does well in this one & it's over.  Isn't Florida next??  It is interesting seeing Newt totally take the gloves off to fight back at Romney, this whole Bein Capital is making Romney look like less Reagen and more Gordon Gecko.

The field sucks, but really I think alot of politicians were wise to sit this one out.  I think Tim Pawlenty caved too soon, but I think he ran out of funding after finishing behind Bachman in some polling. I thought that Missisipi gov'r would have made a good VP choice to win the South, but I just saw on the news he pardoned dozens of criminals as he left office??  Strange thing to do for someone I had heard was potential DC stuff.  Jeb & Christie will run in 2016, not sure about either.  Depends on the economy the next 4 years for Jeb, if it improves the Bush name is probably tarnished for good. I'm still not sold on Christie. Camdens(NJ) the worst city in America & Atlantic City is in the toilet.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Oops, double post.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Santorum is a fucking conservative prick. Anyone who wants to go to war against gays and their rights as human beings are SCUM in my book so he can just fuck the fuck off.

Santorum is sucking the Bible Thumper/Pat Robertson cock right now, doing like alot of Republicans and weasling the "stupid" Christian vote, which it could be the anti-Christ and they would vote for them... simply because he's a no-name, no-chance Neo-Con who's trying to kiss red-ass in order to get elected.

That move has always been a last resort for Republicans when they smell death in the air.

DCK wrote:

Paul? Who thinks anything state run is communism? No love for any of these weirdos from me.

Paul is extreme, but he's the right kind of extreme. I don't agree with his "give banks the keys to your first born daughter's pussy" politics (metaphor), but at the same time... bankers pretty much control the U.S. government as it is.

So what's the difference?

I agree with Paul on just about everything else. And the thing that's great about Paul is HE MAKES REPUBLICANS NERVOUS.

When you're own party is skittish of you... that's when you know you're being truthful and making sense.

He makes them nervous, and I like that. That's the only thing I do like right now. I haven't read more than a few articles on Paul, but I don't like what I'm hearing. He supports a US withdrawal from WTO, UN, NATO apperantly? I can't even begin to describe how dangerous and bad that would be. I'm sure a lot of people elsewhere will rejoice when they know that "finally USA will not intervene in our shit" but nothing scares me more. Backing out of NATO and the UN will tip the world power balance scale to territories I'm scared to even think of. That's when I will be anti-American. First, it will bite us Europeans in the ass, then with time, it will bite yourself in the ass and it will hurt. It will hurt WW2 scale hurting.  No Paul from me. I'd rather have Bush in office for three decades.

Paul is an isolationist. He doesn't use that word, but that's what scares alot of people about his politics, is it's an almost 19th century idealism.

At this point i'm not opposed. Pointless wars, pointless spending, and the only proof anyone has had for the U.S. prescence internationally is making money, which we're not doing a whole lot of.

The problem is the U.S. is losing it's ass financially everyone more everyday, and for what? We've over-expanded ourselves. Stretched too thin.

Ron Paul would bring a very "bare essentials" concept to the U.S. government, if to just get it back on track.

Even if you don't agree with it, it doesn't really matter. The U.S. will eventually run out of credit lines and eventually run out of new money to print.

We've gotta get more realistic is what we are as a country, and that's not policing and having our hands in every cookie jar in the world. Paul knows that, and frankly... makes the most sense of ANY of them.

Board footer