You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

misterID wrote:

How long is Trunk going to stretch this horrible interview out? If it weren't for Axl's personality coming through it would have been a complete disaster.

And they could have asked DJ some questions, if they didn't. Again, lame. They knew once they got Axl's interview they wouldn't be using the others.

And Ed needs to take a few writing courses.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

ID, Eddie has been making money and attention off of that one-off radio interview in 2006 for the last five years.

My guess is the 2011 interview, Eddie's gonna bank to sell future books and personal appearences for the next 5-7 years. roll

For a guy who's a self-proclaimed "wasn't a big fan of GN'R back in the day", he seems to talk more about Axl & Slash these days than any other artists in rock/metal in the last 30 years.

misterID

misterID wrote:

"wasn't a big fan of GN'R back in the day",

I know!!! And TMS rarely has an episode where GN'R doesn't come up.

Jim Florentine is really cool, and he's a real true blue GN'R fan, though.

OT, did you happen to see TMS with Tracii Guns? Really cool moment when he talks about Izzy. Giving him big props for the music/riffs for AFD. I really didn't know Izzy was already writing that much of the material for AFD before Slash came on board.  And how much of the musicans on the scene looked to Izzy back then as to what was cool.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:

OT, did you happen to see TMS with Tracii Guns? Really cool moment when he talks about Izzy. Giving him big props for the music/riffs for AFD. I really didn't know Izzy was already writing that much of the material for AFD before Slash came on board.  And how much of the musicans on the scene looked to Izzy back then as to what was cool.

Tried to find that interview online, no luck!

Got a link? Or did you watch it on TV in the US?

misterID

misterID wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

wht a vindictive get, he mark canteen LIIARzzz

faxal and dizzy didnt wright anything nibther could be hold=ing SLASHs JOCK STRAPE do not hate on SLASH!!1

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Have you been drinking Atari 16

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Thanx! But it won't play here in Norway. US only!

Damn those invisible internet-borders! 17

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Didn't catch that one, but i've heard/read Tracii make similar comments in the past, as well as NUMEROUS other musicians from that scene.

Everybody saw Izzy as a throwback, real deal old school rocker.

The guy just oozes Stones. It's not a shock at all that he and Gilby were buds that used to just sit around, get drunk and jam Stones songs right in the middle of bars, just for the fun of it.

AtariLegend wrote:

wht a vindictive get, he mark canteen LIIARzzz

faxal and dizzy didnt wright anything nibther could be hold=ing SLASHs JOCK STRAPE do not hate on SLASH!!1

Izzy's the man

Board footer