You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Next Thing

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy just said they are heading out in two weeks....??? Bumble said a theatre tour is in the works.:thumbup:

James, I bet they head back to San Fran....Warfield.

johndivney wrote:

when/where'd bumble say this??

i'll believe it when i see it of course, BUT tommy's been there 14yrs & knows enough not to say stuff that has no chance of happening... or does he??
i just dunno...

if i hadda hope i'd hope it's new material/a live release rather than more [north american] shows.
but i am hopeless.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
johndivney wrote:

when/where'd bumble say this??

i'll believe it when i see it of course, BUT tommy's been there 14yrs & knows enough not to say stuff that has no chance of happening... or does he??
i just dunno...

if i hadda hope i'd hope it's new material/a live release rather than more [north american] shows.
but i am hopeless.

Bumble just spilled it here (watch from 4 minutes on):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGVR8JYjv3o&

I would think of secret or short-notice annoucements of concerts to create buzz and (I HOPE) a new setlist and pointing to a new album... If not, there's no need to do a theater show... If it is to just continue touring and proving a point (CD), then do the full blown production.

johndivney wrote:

yea they need to introduce an acoustic part into the set & sit on stools.

agree w/what ottos said re: theater tour
dont really see the point. unless there is a point to see that's yet to be revealed. but i'm not hopeful, of course.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The intimate vibe of theatre stuff would be great. Jealous.

Lomax wrote:
russtcb wrote:
johndivney wrote:

yea they need to introduce an acoustic part into the set & sit on stools.

agree w/what ottos said re: theater tour
dont really see the point. unless there is a point to see that's yet to be revealed. but i'm not hopeful, of course.

Not to be a dick, but my thing is this; it it's Guns N' Roses performing for Guns N' Roses fans, then I see the point.

Having said that, I'd KILL for there to be an acoustic aspect to the show.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A theater tour, playing alternate acoustic classics, maybe?

Maybe a little Tommy on rhythm solo, and possibly some Izzy appearences for You Ain't The First, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, and the Izzy songs from AFD?

I only mention Izzy, because something like this would be RIGHT UP HIS ALLEY, and probably the best option for him with the band in years.

Something kinda off the mark like that would be the most interesting thing GN'R has did in years. It'd also give credit to those initial tour rumors before the announcement of the NA tour, which saw rumored dates at THEATERS, rather than arenas.

This idea has obviously been floating around in their heads for awhile.

Board footer