You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Which do you feel is most likley

misterID wrote:
Riad wrote:

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete. “The band like Ireland, they like playing here,” Desmond added. “I think he’s going to come back and deliver an 11 out of 10 show.”

BOOOOOOM

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire … tml?via=mr

Can't believe I missed this. That's pretty friggin cool.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Who, name names then. Dont gimmie that "people" argument, cause its worthless. Specific members here just gave their opinion on the state of play today, and it was just cast aside by Mr ID and Axlin because "people" in the past said something different. To me thats a worthless argument.

Just sayin 19

This here is exactly right. The "people" arguement and the "usual suspects" arguement is fucking horsehsit. This is nothing more than MisterID missing the point of the conversation and then turning it into a bitch fest because he thinks people are bashing his precious. MisterID went on and and on about "YOU" refering to me and then talking about others in here as if he has a detailed record of each person's post from 2002. I can assure him and anyone else I did think the image was lame BUT never cared about it and was excited as hell to support the band and the music. I'm positive most here can relate to that. Just like I'm one of the few who NEVER gives rats ass about Axl's weight, doesn't mean I can't chime in with an opinion if it's brought up whether that be in 2002 or 2012.  There's a big difference between acknowledging the general public was never gonna buy into the "freak show" then there is saying I don't like the image but I'm in full support of the band. Hilarious that some feel this is impossible. 

Like Olorin says pretty spineless to just say "people" were bitching back in the day and then tell those of us in here NOW that we need to show some self respect and stick by our opinions. roll

Just to make it clear, I was talking about people who were never excited about the new line up, or wanted new music from them, and the 02 image was a huge point for their hate. And it was a huge deal. I'm sorry but it was.

I never meant YOU, bono. I was saying that generally. Again, you're continuing to paint me as a fanboy yourself, with all the precious stuff. But whatever, dude. Even arguing about this stuff with you is useless. Have fun with it. smile

The complaining comes with the territory in the Gn'R world. And I'm glad they're playing Civil War and estranged, that they're playing club shows like we've wanted. It looks good to me. The one skull and roses logo doesn't bother me. But everyone has their limit and calling GN'R out is sometimes funny, right on and well deserved.

But the bashing of Duff pretty much sealed the deal for me. People loved him literally the day before he accepted the band as GN'R and opened for them, now they say they have no respect for him and some were even diminishing his bass skills when before he was one of the best bass players on the planet. And I've been seeing the "usual suspects" start with the "I had more respect for them back in 02 when he was doing something different" when their view was much, much different back then. And they wanted what they have now with the new line up.

Absolutely agree. The Duff bashing was sickening. I don't think this board has ever looked more like fuckin' Kirk vs. Picard nerds, then at that moment.

Duff's the fuckin' man, and then it's kinda cool to see Duff on a stage with Tommy, and seemingly mixing with Axl's current GN'R.

But when he opens for GN'R, with his solo band (which for as fuckin' no name as Loaded are, is a great opportunity if you take the 'Duff' factor away).

Suddenly he's a sellout, and a turncoat, and a piece of shit.

What the fuck? Seriously? Duff McKagan opens two GN'R shows, and suddenly the sky is falling.

It's just one guy, and two shows. Big deal.

NOW, if Velvet Revolver had opened a current GN'R show... that I can see. That's a different ballgame. Suddenly you have an official "post-GN'R" band which was basically advertised as GN'R with Scott Weiland on vocals.

Them opening a GN'R show would be a conflict of interest imo.

monkeychow wrote:

I view it like this:

Axl and Slash was like having a hot blonde as your wife.

Axl and Robin/Bucket was like replacing your blonde wife with an awesome giant robot toy dinosaur that you take out socially.
Can't deny it's sort of cool - but at the same time - not only isn't it the blonde chick we knew as your wife, it seems you're dating something that doesn't even really fit the expected job description of "wife".

Axl and DJ is like you start dating the hottest brunette girl around at the moment. Sure she's still not your wife so the people wanting the marrage back are upset, but at the same time she's a great catch, and at least she seems to be the sort of girl you'd marry and not a robot. But then even though she's a hot brunette and your friends would be envious to be with her, she starts wearing around a blonde wig, telling your wifes old party jokes and doing the same dance your wife did when drunk.

Your friends arn't sure what to think. They'd love to see you back with the wife but know you've both moved on, they're glad to see you've got over the sick dinosaur fettish...but damn..things would just be so much more comftorable if this chick would loose the wig and be herself....

It's not that we don't like her, it's just in that blonde wig it makes me feel awkward dude....

Funny post, but I think making (YET ANOTHER) analogy correlated to the DJ top hat is tiresome. Real tiresome.

Jesus fucking Christ, you either like the guy or you don't.

I swear to God if DJ took the top hat off, people would bitch because he wears "Axl's bandana" underneath it, and you can't have a frontman with a bandana, and a lead guitarist with a bandana blah blah blah. roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For me it's not as simple as you either like the guy or you don't.

I love the fucking guys music, cool riffs and solos in Sixx:Am, great producer, talented guitarist, plays Slash/Robin's stuff well and his own stuff shows a ton of promise for what could be the best GNR music in so long.

But at the same time, I can't pretend I don't see it.

It's not the hat, it's the entire image, from the tatts, to the outfit to the machismo on twitter, to the way he talks, the way he stands - his entire stage presence and blocking is like a hybrid of Slash/ Mick Mars and a frankenstein postmodern version of the LA scene. Now I get that. Fuck man he was a fan I was a fan. I'd be the same

But I just ask myself this: When DJ smokes a cig as he plays, pauses mid strum, takes a drag and attaches the cig to his guitar headstock, then plays another strum....does he do that because he's addicted to smokes or because that's the stage blocking of how Slash played patience cira 199-fucking-2....

Do you see what I mean Axlin. Call slash what you want but that fucker was smoking up there cos he's a smoker...DJ...great guitarist...but does he only smoke cos his heros do?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not sure man. Don't get me wrong I still love that shit. I'm just saying the whole thing has a little of an indy 4 vibe to it. They're selling it real hard and I'm digging the shit out of it...but part of me also just isn't quite buying it's as legit as it was in the old days.

It's like stop being self conscious and let harrison be harrison and no one will give a fuck that he's old.

And I feel the same about DJ, he's got the chops to play slash's stuff and his own music with Axl will be the fucking bomb...fuck man I'd accept you as you are..just ease off with the forcing it down my throat cos it makes it just awkward.

For the record I'm a huge Slash/Myles fan boy too...but the day Myles comes out in a kilt and does the snake dance is the day I write a similar post.

These guys are talented enough to be themselves. No need to be someone else.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
misterID wrote:
Riad wrote:

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete. “The band like Ireland, they like playing here,” Desmond added. “I think he’s going to come back and deliver an 11 out of 10 show.”

BOOOOOOM

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire … tml?via=mr

Can't believe I missed this. That's pretty friggin cool.

Not 'write' but 'rehearse'? Interesting.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

in the announcement of the austrian show, they also mention, that gnr "have a brandnew album in their baggage"...

Lomax wrote:
WARose wrote:

in the announcement of the austrian show, they also mention, that gnr "have a brandnew album in their baggage"...

Okay. When I saw the reference in the Irish paper I thought, ya know it's probably not right because this isn't a music type newspaper these guys will know nothing about new guns and will have done Zero research into the new band and Chi Dem saga, it's more than likely just some randomer in an office in DUblin trying to fill column inches.

But if the same thing is showing up around the world. That is interesting to me. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice Gnr have a new album on the way.

I think rehearsing those songs in Ireland would make sense, as a kind of  "no hard feelings" gesture towards the fans, because last time. It was ugly. I was there it wasn't nice, a few trouble makers no more than a few feet from me got over excited and threw a cup full of beer that spilt all over axl. Then someone hit bumble, axl got pissed held up the show and said "next peson to hit one of my band we're gone"

The guys throwing the stuff were teens, early teens, probably drunk most definitely excited ( the opening was amazing) and surprise surprise a full bottle of heineken hit axl in the back of the head.

Not cool. I was actually embarrassed. I'd travelled all the way from Greece to catch the show with some old friends. It wasn't cool.
The band came back though and finished though Axl phoned the performance in

WARose

WARose wrote:

well it definitely seems a new album is on the way...  but the same could be said about rock in rio 2001, so let`s not get all too fizzy about this. of course, a few new songs, even if they`re only playing them live would be nice!

@dublin i guess security is going to be quite heavy this year..

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
WARose wrote:

can you post a link to that announcement please?

WARose

WARose wrote:

www.kleinezeitung.at/steiermark/grazumg … osen.story

it`s a newspaper article, not an announcement by the organizer, my bad...

Board footer