You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Axl / GNR tribute on Norwegian TV!

Bono wrote:

That's pretty damn cool and I thought they sounded pretty wicked.  9

russtcb wrote:

I've always wanted to find that shirt your cousin is wearing but I can only ever find the UYI I version here in the States.

I saw one the other day at West Edmonton Mall in .... wait for it..... Edmonton.

I never thought anything of it. They had both the blue one and the yellow one but you're right. now that I think about it I don't ever recall seeing the UYI II shirt ever before in Canada either. It is always the UYI I.

It's very strange because now that I look at them off to the right of the page here the UYI I cover just seems more iconic whereas the UYI II cover seems more rare, as ridiculous as that sounds. UYI I colours just seem to represent Gn'R more I guess.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Which is ironic considering UYI II was the bigger album, thanks to the YCBM single.

I've always liked the UYI II cover more and have been also looking for a UYI II shirt for years.

Axl used to have a BAD ASS reversible tie-dye one that had UYI I on one side, and UYI II colors on the other. VERY cool shirt. That might be my favorite GN'R shirt ever. He used to wear it in the 1991 shows I thought.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Watched the video, very cool Naltav. Your cousin looks like a cool dude. Nice to see Europe still keeping the GN'R spirit alive!

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Which is ironic considering UYI II was the bigger album, thanks to the YCBM single.

I know UYI II debuted higher but overall did it sell more? Hard to imagine with UYI I having November Rain, Dont Cry and Live and Let Die..... then of course The Garden, Garden of Eden, Dead Horse...   those all seemed to be more popular singles and seemd to flood Much Music/MTV in comparison than Civil War, Yesterdays, 14 years(no music video). Mind you UYI II did have KOHD(though no music video) and Estranged as well so.... I'd be interested to know what the actual figures are for those two albums.  My personal opinion is UYI I is  the better of the two and by a substantial amount to be honest.

Axlin12 wrote:

I've always liked the UYI II cover more and have been also looking for a UYI II shirt for years.

Axl used to have a BAD ASS reversible tie-dye one that had UYI I on one side, and UYI II colors on the other. VERY cool shirt. That might be my favorite GN'R shirt ever. He used to wear it in the 1991 shows I thought.

I know the shirt you're talking about. that was a cool shirt for sure.

AtariLegend wrote:

025; 25 Million World Wide (15 Million US Only) APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION Guns & Roses (1988)

076; 16 Million World Wide (7 Million* US Only) USE YOUR ILLUSION I Guns & Roses (1991)

096; 15 Million World Wide (7 Million* US Only) USE YOUR ILLUSION II Guns & Roses (1991)

Source: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=40125.0

Several years old, but...

Bono

Bono wrote:

Yeah that would make sense to me. Like I said I'm aware UYI II came out of the  gate stronger on he strength of YCBM like Axlin12 said but I couldnt' really see it holding off UYI I over the long haul.

Thanks for the numbers Atari

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Kvelertak rock, I love that whole black n roll vibe they've got going naltav!

Can't see the video though

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I have one of those. Got it on ebay a few years ago.
They tend to pop up every few months if you really want one.
But, considering they are 20 years old now, the quality might suffer.

I wear mine 3-4 times a year because i want to keep it forever. 16
My favourite gnr t-shirt by far. I think i'm gonna look for another one later in the year.

Board footer