You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I hear what you are saying...just when there's more rasp the passion of it all blows my mind.

Here's a sample of what I was talking about earlier...TWAT in 2009....gives me chills....and people complain it's not the studio track...but hell....that scream followed by the "yeahhhhh" is just so mind blowing to me.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He could be having throat problems, he supposedly has been fighting bronchitis since the SA tour, and the high voice might be easier for him to do.

tbh, I really don't like the 92 voice on Jungle or PC. It sounds like his vocal chords are made of sandpaper and his diaphragm is ripping with every note.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
misterID wrote:

He could be having throat problems, he supposedly has been fighting bronchitis since the SA tour, and the high voice might be easier for him to do.

tbh, I really don't like the 92 voice on Jungle or PC. It sounds like his vocal chords are made of sandpaper and his diophram is ripping with every note.

You dont like this are you crazy 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He never could find a decent sound man on that tour 16

Some of it is absolutely awesome. Other shows it hurts to listen to. 87-91 was the best.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I totally get where monkey is coming from.

That's why I feel so strongly that I wish I could BEG Axl, please Axl, PLEASE get in a studio. PLEASE. Do it now, before it's too late.

At least in a studio, Axl can fuck with engineering enough to make up for those inconsistencies. THEN he can go fubar them live, and we won't care.

Thankfully some songs still sound great with Axl. But when people beat off about how awesome it was.... eh, maybe. I mean I personally feel like I witnessed live the greatest performance of This I Love ever. Axl vocally was the strongest i've ever seen him in person, and possibly throughout the new era.

On that song

The whole show wasn't like that.

But for every single song, every single song from the old band or even the new band, I can give you a different time, date, and show that Axl sang better vocally.

2011-12 Axl is still better than 2001-02 Axl, but it's next to last.

What I don't get is people argue how he's sick. Well if he's so fuckin' sick -- STOP TOURING. Rest, relax, get well and come back.

I personally don't believe he's sick. I think he's a combination of wrecked and lazy. People can call me a hater, but I refuse to believe that Axl spends 2 hours pre-show and 2 hours post-show doing vocal exercises is complete and total bullshit. Axl can't even get to the fuckin' venue on time. What in the living fuck makes anyone think Axl is disciplined enough to keep his voice in shape?

I also don't think it helps when you've got beggars & hangers on, and the band (who I understand are trying to be supportive), constantly telling Axl how GREAT he sounds, when even Axl himself knows how fucking terrible he sounds. Rio IV is a prime example. "I think you sound great!"

Next shot Axl's mumbling the words and ready to go home. He knows when he fucking sucks, and more than likely he's pissed at himself because rubbing one out was more important than getting on a treadmill, or skipping his playing time on Batman: Arkham City and instead spending 2-3 hours doing mock concerts in his basement to prepare months in advance for another tour.

Maybe i'm being too harsh?

I just trust my gut. I love the guy. I've been right beside the guy. I've listened to the guy. I've watched the guy for the large majority of my entire life...

My gut has always told me -- Axl is a guy who thinks he can put in 5 minutes of prep time, and go out and just fucking nail it.

NO! You're 50 years old man. Maybe when he was 28, but not now.

Could you imagine a baseball or football player not doing their warm ups? A baseball player not taking swings before the game? Guess what? He goes 0-for-4 because he's fuckin' cold.

What happens in football/soccer? I fuckin' dare you to only do your stretches and sprints for 3 minutes before the game.

Enjoy that pulled hamstring 10 minutes into the game.

THAT is Axl

jmho 19

DCK wrote:
killingvector wrote:
madagas wrote:

2:50 in on Nightrain and Axl and the boys fuckin' bring it...wow. I love the stripped down stage. Damn, Russ, I am jealous as hell right now.

He sounds good, but, man, does Axl look terrible. I hate to focus on such superficial things, but I was struck by his bloated disheveled appearance.

Being 50, he looks quite good. Should drop the jacket and find something else though.

If you know about bloated, call Vince Neil.

Look on the bright side, at least Axl isn't doing fighting stick rituals during the intro to Mr. Brownstone and singing with a headset like he's Britney Spears or something. He's not skipping 50% of the songs words either. Vince seems to skip 5% more words by each year that goes on. I suspect by the time he's 60, he will only do the choruses.

I agree with killing vector, fully.

Hey KV, I know you and me have kinda went at it about this shit, but I gotta jump into your corner on this one.

I completely hate having to bring it up, but it's so fuckin' obvious at this point you can't help but notice.

Axl looks fucking TERRIBLE. Him being 50 has nothing to do with it. He just looks out of shape, bloated, winded at times, he obviously has no stylist.

His outfits are fucking HORRIBLE for his body shape. Fat guys cannot continue to wear short, tight leather jackets. It's done. Axl would be better served with larger, Tall-size coats and t-shirts to kind of layer his look and hide some of that gut.

This is the worst he's looked so far on this entire tour. He seems like he's about the bust out of the jacket. His extra-skinny boot cut ripped jeans are out of place too.

I'm just worried for the audience. When one of those zippers or buttons finally pops, it's gonna through someone's eye and out the back of their skull.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I'm just worried for the audience. When one of those zippers or buttons finally pops, it's gonna through someone's eye and out the back of their skull. 16
14:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I find it so pathetic that people continueally bitch about Axl's weight.  Give m a fucking break. I could  see if he was a fat fuck who had completely let himself go but he looks perfectly fine. Guaranteed half the people posting on this site are packing a  few extra pounds themselves and how many of you are 50 years old? Seriously Axl is probably in better shape then a lot of people posting here. Honestly give it a rest when it comes to his weight.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

I find it so pathetic that people continueally bitch about Axl's weight.  Give m a fucking break. I could  see if he was a fat fuck who had completely let himself go but he looks perfectly fine. Guaranteed half the people posting on this site are packing a  few extra pounds themselves and how many of you are 50 years old? Seriously Axl is probably in better shape then a lot of people posting here. Honestly give it a rest when it comes to his weight.

I agree. He looks quite good to his age and he looks good enough to look like a rockstar. In Rio he looked terrible, a real old has-been with days left of his career, who had just came out from his palace after decades of hiding, eating and doing drugs -  but he has last some pounds since then and looks like a rockstar again. That's enough for me.

Agree with Axlin @ Axl's unprofessionalism though.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I want to clarify my post a little bit.

I could give a shit if Axl is 300 pounds. I don't care how big he gets.

I just think the dude needs a totally different wardrobe to compliment his figure. What he's wearing right now just enhances his size.

People cannot argue that his wardrobe SUCKS right now for his size.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Luckily its only been a short break since the last leg of the tour ended, wonder how big he could have ended up if it was longer. He had more or less lost the gut by December but now its obviously back, Beta must make one hell of a Christmas dinner.

Mabye he is still suffering from the effects of bronchitis and cardio is difficult, apparantly it can be a chronic condition. He definently looks unfit and doesnt sound at his best, aye he's 50 so he deserves a lot of slack for that - he's just 10 years shy of my folks and they are old fogies, compared to them he looks like a sprightly 21 year old. But my folks have grafted and laboured every hour of the day for 50 odd years just to put food on the table, he's lived in luxury for most of his life.

I dont really care anymore, I'll go see them if they come to the UK again, he's still a great performer and worth the admission fee to see him sing the classics in the flesh, no doubt there will be big improvements by then.

Havnt seen anyone mention it here but whats the deal with that "While everybodys fighting for their promised land and..." line - thats a backing track.

Board footer