You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Finally

Scabbie wrote:

A decent fuckin rock video

I love this band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rz4I69m … AAAAAAAAAA

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Umm... the was terrible.

If that's what passes as "rock" these days, I'll pass.

AtariLegend wrote:

A new industry made Rock band trying to be hip.

Ughhhh I'll pass, no offence.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Apparently Scabbie doesn't realize they are doing a parody of rock.

Nothing more than a PG-rated, hipster-infused version of Steel Panther.

Fail

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking Steel Panther too.  Some of their songs are pretty funny, but even they're a bit cheese.  This band sounds like crap I'd see in a Bud Light commercial.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Steel Panther are cool. I dig them, because they know what they are. The Darkness are really cool too.

These guys just think they are the real deal, and umm -- no.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This band reminds me of a band I like some songs from called Electric Sixx.

Complete piss take writing comedy songs - but some of them are so damn catchy that I forgive the bullshit of it all.

The first 20 seconds of this song made me want to turn off, but I have to admit that chorus about the ass or whatever is kind of addictive. smile

Can't stand the look of them, but I'll probably listen to it!

This view is probably in the minority, but I find steel panther frustrating, as it's just a mockery of music I love, and the irony is it's so good at it. Don't get me wrong - they have some seriously good songs - damn funny - and bad ass 80s music. But that's sort of why it annoys me - the guitarists are amazing, the singer's got full vocal chops like I wish I did - but then they waste all that ability on cheap self mocking gags.

I know. If it was serious it would be lame cos the 1980s are over. This way they can get some traction in the media without being tragic. But to me that's like cutting my hair cos someone tells me guys shouldn't have long hair. Or worse - it's like a nerd who gets beat up but laughs along with the dudes beating him up. They make those songs funny cos they don't have the balls to  release an 80s rock album on face value. So they make it all about hookers and drugs and a parody of the music. Sort of annoys me...but the sad bit is the songs are so good that I listen to a fair bit of steel panther...I just wish they didn't waste their talent on humour.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

obviously he was being sacrastic

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Apparently Scabbie doesn't realize they are doing a parody of rock.

Nothing more than a PG-rated, hipster-infused version of Steel Panther.

Fail

For crying out loud! roll

I know they're not serious. Thats the whole point, they're fun. Like old AC/DC was fun and Queen was fun (think Big Bottom Girls etc), even like going to a Rammstein gig is a whole load of fun.

Monkeychow - check out their last album 'Foxy Shazam'. They're currently on tour with the Darkness, Justin Hawkins produced this latest album.

It actually reminds me when the Darkness first came out. People either loved or hated them. Great for arguing with your friends! 16

Lomax wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking Steel Panther too.  Some of their songs are pretty funny, but even they're a bit cheese.  This band sounds like crap I'd see in a Bud Light commercial.

flaming lips?

Take it back!

Board footer