You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

-D- wrote:

Rocket Surgery! hahahahahahha

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

James Lofton wrote:

Havent paid attention to the tour but the regional setlist thing is funny. Its like "they just played Anything Goes in bumfuck, USA. See I told you they were moving forward! Song hasn't been performed since they busted it out in Timbuktu in 1987!"

I admire the fuck out of you right now.

Cheers, james.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Of course Estranged didnt do it. Its a 20 yr old song. Release a kick ass single that cracks the Itunes chart & perform that. As David Lee Roth would say....."It aint rocket surgery".....

I think ID & Faldor are just trying to be difficult.

Both of them know ONE new single (a good one) can change all movement in today's heavy singles climate.

If Alice In Chains without their actual original frontman can do it -- GN'R can with Hall of Famer Axl Rose.

All it takes is a "Your Decision"-type song that stays at the top of the rock charts both on radio and on iTunes for a couple months, and you're back in business.

Will it move units? No.

Will it sell tickets and radio adtime for the concert near you? You better fuckin' believe it.

And the thing is, it's not that hard. Alot of bands from GNR's day are staying alive that way.

But without it, and without the original players, it's just gonna wither away (at least in America). Every GN'R tour since the reboot as had smaller and smaller numbers. And it's because THEY DON'T PUSH MATERIAL.

I've said it a thousand times. You've got DJ Ashba in your band, all it'd take is a Are You With Me-type with Axl Rose on vocals and the GN'R brand name... suddenly you've got enough heat to be on an AIC/STP/Crue/Shinedown/Creed-level, which is pretty much where new Guns is today in terms of popularity.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I think Axl is burnt out on the thought of new music. CD sold far less than expected and there was clearly some sort of a clusterfuck with the release that axl didn't like.

axl may be thinking to himself "they don't want new music, and the last time i tried to release new music I got short changed by azoff"

and we know how hard it was for him to get to the release stage.

i'm not defending the lack of new music. Just reminding us all that it's not like he's sitting at home staring at his work and thinking to himself, hmmmm i should release this shit soon. maybe after this tour. if i'm bored.

all i've read the last few weeks, besides setlist bithcing, is bitching about no new music and claims that there isn't gonna be new music every time a band member hints at it. if you don't believe there is gonna be new music you should be comfortable with that fact at this stage.

axl has little interest in releasing music. never has. it's plain and simple. i also think his mind is on touring and rhof right now. as soon as rrhof is over we'll have a better idea as to the chances of new music coming out.

i too have less interest in the band without new music but we are starting to sound, as a whole, like this is '04 and we don't know better.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well sure, it's better than the dark period from 2003-2005, but at the same time...

I follow ALL artists, ANY of my favorite artists for NEW music. Otherwise, what's the point?

I know guys like Russ would be all over my ass, but if Axl doesn't want to release new music and wants to just tour the back catalog -- reunite. That's how you do it. Not just from a publicity standpoint, but it also allows you to be lazier AND make more money doing what you're already doing right now -- poorer.

But if he's not gonna do that, just retire. I love you but, I think we've all kinda wore thin on the lineup changes and hearing the upteenth version of The Blues.

war

war wrote:

i agree but it's nothing new (which is the problem).

just want everyone to stay healthy here, mentally

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

tongue When you sign up for Guns N' Roses, mental stability gets thrown out the window

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Your damn right about that.

"Ax is whack"

You either lose sanity or voluntarily sign up for drugs being a GN'R fan.

war

war wrote:

lol bromero, my little nephew

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Of course Estranged didnt do it. Its a 20 yr old song. Release a kick ass single that cracks the Itunes chart & perform that. As David Lee Roth would say....."It aint rocket surgery".....

I think ID & Faldor are just trying to be difficult.

Both of them know ONE new single (a good one) can change all movement in today's heavy singles climate.

If Alice In Chains without their actual original frontman can do it -- GN'R can with Hall of Famer Axl Rose.

All it takes is a "Your Decision"-type song that stays at the top of the rock charts both on radio and on iTunes for a couple months, and you're back in business.

Will it move units? No.

Will it sell tickets and radio adtime for the concert near you? You better fuckin' believe it.

And the thing is, it's not that hard. Alot of bands from GNR's day are staying alive that way.

But without it, and without the original players, it's just gonna wither away (at least in America). Every GN'R tour since the reboot as had smaller and smaller numbers. And it's because THEY DON'T PUSH MATERIAL.

I've said it a thousand times. You've got DJ Ashba in your band, all it'd take is a Are You With Me-type with Axl Rose on vocals and the GN'R brand name... suddenly you've got enough heat to be on an AIC/STP/Crue/Shinedown/Creed-level, which is pretty much where new Guns is today in terms of popularity.

We're trying to be difficult?

People are going to see them live and the vast majority of them aren't going just to hear a new song premiered.

You're all talking around yourselves. First it's about wanting something different, to change up the setlist. It was about, "Why don't they play Civil War or Estranged." They put in a classic song that all GN'R fans love and have been wanting to hear. They added another one with the NA tour. Now its, "Well, those are 20 year old songs. Who cares?"

Not only is it a constantly changing argument, but people are missng that people are GOING TO THE SHOWS SPECIFICALLY TO HEAR 20 YEAR OLD SONGS.

I want new songs. I want to hear new music. I follow the concerts because I want to see if they do play a new song. I am also insane to do so. 16

Not everyone going to these shows are as rabid as we are. No stream or youtube vid is going to capture the feeling of seeing them live. That's why people go.  And of course a big single would help out, but who's to say the single would be big?

I also know the moment they play something new live we're going to hear, "Nope, he waited too long. It's over." "Oh, that song sucks."  "It'd be better if Slash or Bucket was on it." "They should have waited until the album was ready. This live quality sucks."

And so it goes...

Board footer