You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: QUEEN Discussion

I really feel they need a Rick Rubin in the booth. Someone who'll say, "These songs aren't good enough, write better ones." And get Grohl to co-write a couple of rockers, they need someone with real rock credibility on board.

Also, fuck the diehard fans. I'm resigned to Brian and Roger whoring out the Queen name with musicals etc, and if they're going to do that I'd rather they did it in the form of a tour and album with a young, hungry, talented singer than fucking around with musicals and trotting out the same three songs at awards shows. Better Lambert - who actually shares Freddie's vocal talents and aesthetic sensibilities - than tired old Paul Rogers, too. I'm actually excited about Queen for the first time in years, now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

The only person in my opinion who has the chops to do Queen shows is Mika. He has that Freddie kind of voice and swagger. Just no new material, please. Adam I just don't care about his voice or stage perscense. I find his music rather annoying and I understand that Queen was a huge influence. Nothing personal against the guy. I  didn't like Paul Rodgers doing stuff with the band either. Even though I grew to respect the guy because he has a great voice and wrote some great songs during his life and Freddie said that Paul was one of his favorite singers and would be a perfect addition if something were to ever happen to him. Plus the Queen+Paul Rodgers tours were quite successful even though the album wasn't. I understand why Brian and Roger want to make more music with different artists cause they want to and can; but I personally would let the legacy of Queen end on a high note. It should of ended after the Tribute concert back in '92. I do want to hear those Freddie collabs with Micheal Jackson that Roger is tinkering with. Even though I'm not that into MJ's music. XD

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

The only person in my opinion who has the chops to do Queen shows is Mika. He has that Freddie kind of voice and swagger. Just no new material, please. Adam I just don't care about his voice or stage perscense. I find his music rather annoying and I understand that Queen was a huge influence. Nothing personal against the guy. I  didn't like Paul Rodgers doing stuff with the band either. Even though I grew to respect the guy because he has a great voice and wrote some great songs during his life and Freddie said that Paul was one of his favorite singers and would be a perfect addition if something were to ever happen to him. Plus the Queen+Paul Rodgers tours were quite successful even though the album wasn't. I understand why Brian and Roger want to make more music with different artists cause they want to and can; but I personally would let the legacy of Queen end on a high note. It should of ended after the Tribute concert back in '92. I do want to hear those Freddie collabs with Micheal Jackson that Roger is tinkering with. Even though I'm not that into MJ's music. XD

Huh?

Lambert's "For Your Entertainment" album is practically a lost Freddie solo album.

elevendayempire

Idle thought: Lambert should totally sing The Great Pretender if/when he performs a full set with Queen.

big_smile

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That would be pure awesomeness... as long as he doesn't revert to going into the Axl-scream on it. Lambert seems to be getting lazier and lazier about reverting to just screaming live.

elevendayempire

Quoth Lambert: "I'm talking to Queen about doing something."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen … thing.html

Could you talk to them about DOING A FUCKING TOUR AND AN ALBUM? Kthxbye.

elevendayempire

It's on:

http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/queen-adam-lambert/

Shit. I must have tickets for this. But how?

elevendayempire

Sonisphere's going to be an interesting gig. They'll be playing to a rock crowd - who'll have seen The Darkness doing their Queen + AC/DC schtick earlier in the day. And they'll be doing it with a singer who - rightly or wrongly - has a rep as a pop singer.

They'll have to come out of the gate swinging on this one. Maybe even open with the speeded-up version of We Will Rock You. I'd expect Hammer To Fall, I Want It All, Tie Your Mother Down etc to feature prominently in the setlist. Hell, they might even break out Stone Cold Crazy.

Which is a pity in a way. I'd like to see some of the quirkier numbers. Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, Killer Queen, that sort of thing. Wonder if they'll have any new material?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You know what would be totally off the mark, and perfect for Lambert's voice?

Open the show with Tear It Up

Board footer