You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

"Where's my roast dinner"  16

That was during the 2006 European tour. Don't remember which show tho.

russtcb wrote:
madagas wrote:

It's only 10 years ago.....Axl's told plenty of tall tales since then....don't care, looking to get my face melted tomo...

This.

No one's ever gonna know the exact truth of what went on in Philly in 02 IMO. Ancient history at this point anyways.

Yeah but it's gotta be troubling to continue to not only see Axl go on another want of his obvious lies (how many times can he use the Out Ta Get Me whine fest?)...

But what's even more troubling is seeing the fanboy dick suckers come in and actually BUY IT!

Seriously? Like fuckin' SERIOUSLY? At this point?

Axl is a chronic liar diva headcase. "I'm sick" is obvious go to excuse for everything (unless Axl has a serious recurring illness issue, for which I apologize in advance).

Do I care? Not at this point, but it does scare me for the future of the next GN'R album, and the current band. Axl is now 50 and still on the "they were all lying and they were out to get me, because they wanted me to fail". aka = haters.

Bull fucking shit. Clear Channel WANTED the tour to fail. Because they don't like making money apparently. What a fuckin' liar Axl is. roll

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Bull fucking shit. Clear Channel WANTED the tour to fail. Because they don't like making money apparently. What a fuckin' liar Axl is. roll

Were they making money out of it during the tour?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

"Where's my roast dinner"  16

That was during the 2006 European tour. Don't remember which show tho.

russtcb wrote:
madagas wrote:

It's only 10 years ago.....Axl's told plenty of tall tales since then....don't care, looking to get my face melted tomo...

This.

No one's ever gonna know the exact truth of what went on in Philly in 02 IMO. Ancient history at this point anyways.

Yeah but it's gotta be troubling to continue to not only see Axl go on another want of his obvious lies (how many times can he use the Out Ta Get Me whine fest?)...

But what's even more troubling is seeing the fanboy dick suckers come in and actually BUY IT!

Seriously? Like fuckin' SERIOUSLY? At this point?

Axl is a chronic liar diva headcase. "I'm sick" is obvious go to excuse for everything (unless Axl has a serious recurring illness issue, for which I apologize in advance).

Do I care? Not at this point, but it does scare me for the future of the next GN'R album, and the current band. Axl is now 50 and still on the "they were all lying and they were out to get me, because they wanted me to fail". aka = haters.

I think you're missing the point.  The point is they weren't making money on the tour given the erratic ticket sales.  And, rather than continue to lose money, they wanted to end the tour.  See the January 2003 RS article for more on that.  Also, here is a quote from a promoter for 2002 Boise show that gives some indication on a promoter's mindset:

"Andy Hewitt, a Los Angeles promoter who partnered on an Idaho date for the Guns N' Roses tour, said Thursday that timing and temperament again undermined Rose, whose mercurial ways are legendary.

"He managed to cancel the dates that were doing well [at the box office], and when they didn't, he showed up," Hewitt said. "We did a show in Boise that did horrible business, and he showed. I wished he didn't."

I've said before and will now say it again:  an illness in the band is exactly what the announced reason for GN'R not playing that night in the venue.

Unless, you have some definitive proof that Axl was not sick that day, I don't see how you can label this an "obvious lie".

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

Ali, he can't back up anything...just ol' JR overreacting....by the time they hit Philly, ticket sales for the rest of the shows were already pretty solidified. Yes, I do believe they may have wanted to cancel the tour and were lookin' for any excuse to do so. However, they definitely didn't want to cancel Philly because it was sold out (the first night).

So, as always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle but I don't think Axl would have completely lied about this recently. There was a reason Goldstein was fired shortly thereafter. I think Dougie pulled the threat to Slash/Duff about the name issue without Axl knowing and I don't think it is a stretch to see him play games with Axl about the cancellation of the Philly show.

A lot of things add up and back Axl (to a degree) if you really take a close look.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Ali, he can't back up anything...just ol' JR overreacting

Nah, just 10+ years experience watching, reading, living, and seeing the lies over and over.

But that's okay, keep talking.

I'm interested to see how you convince the world that Axl Rose is "honest".

Start by counting the band members and managers he's ran through...

I hear they all loved working with him because he was so honest and trustworthy and full of the love of Jesus in his heart that they were so overwhelmed that they just had to leave, they couldn't take all that love and positivity.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You know it fucking stuns me beyond all belief that we're actually still having this conversation.

You people assume way too much that some of us "people that can't back up anything" have had conversations with other people other than forum nerds that actually worked/work with the mother fucker.

But the experts can continue their circle jerk.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The problem is Axl is now the boy who's cried wolf. Sure he might have been ill on that day. But theres been so much bullshit in the past and since then that it's hard to believe the guy. If he doesn't go out on stage and says "I'm ill" we won't believe him. If he does go out on stage and vomits everywhere, we'll all say "Fuck, Axl should have cancelled the show he looks pretty ill". He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at this stage.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Nobody but nobody at Axl's level has ever moaned, bitched and whined about how hard things are to get done as Axl has.
The man does what he wants then blames others when things go south. You can do that when everyone you know is on your pay roll.

His old housemaid and her son now manage him...think about that..all the pro's in the world couldn't do it...no other rock star has ended up like this..

Stop apologizing for the man..nobody on this Earth bar a a tiny few believe he's some sort of martyr. The rest of the world put two and two together, got four and moved the fuck on around 1996 and now just look in for a nostalgic night out for shits and giggles.

Board footer