You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash Talks 'You're A Lie,' Reveals Tracklist for New Album

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash Talks 'You're A Lie,' Reveals Tracklist for New Album

March 5, 2012 2:05 PM ET
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … m-20120305

Slash has announced the tracklist, below, from his forthcoming album Apocalyptic Love, out May 22nd. The single "You're A Lie," which you can stream above, was "ignited" by Slash, as he puts it, and features lyrics by frontman Myles Kennedy. "I completely left the lyrics to Myles. As far away from lyric writing as I can get, the better," Slash tells Rolling Stone, laughing. "He's a good lyricist, so it's not an issue."

The song was the second track Slash brought to Kennedy, but it wasn't done until the very end of the sessions. "We changed the arrangement twice, and it was the last thing we worked on in the studio when we were doing the album," he says. "It was the last one we did and, funnily enough, the first one we released."

Did he know it was a single?  "The single concept has always been the last thing I ever want to deal with," he says. "I come from that AOR mentality where a single to me can be a five-minute, six-minute, really cool rock track."

Now that one is chosen and the record is nearly done, save for a few mixes, Slash can turn his attention to the upcoming live shows. "I'm looking forward to going out and jamming the stuff live and doing what it is that I do best," he says.

The concert will feature several new songs. "There's a song called 'Anastasia,' which would be killer for us to play live because it's probably the longest, most instrumentally adventurous song on the record. There's a lot of guitar in it," he says. "There's the song called 'Apocalyptic Love,' which is the title track of the record and the first song we ever did together."

There are a few one-off dates before the tour kicks off in full in May. Slash has some big shows in April, including the Golden Gods Awards in L.A., where he will share a stage with Marilyn Manson, Sixx A.M., Evanescence and more on a night when KISS' Gene Simmons will be honored. "I love Gene. Gene's awesome, so it's good that he's getting an award at that event," he says.

A few days later Slash and his former bandmates in Guns N' Roses will be at the center of the rock universe as they are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. According to Slash, he still doesn't know what will happen. "It's just far enough away at this point where I'm not focusing on it at all and there's been no new news about what's gonna happen there," he says.

Apocalyptic Love tracklist:
"Apocalyptic Love"
"One Last Thrill"
"Standing in the Sun"
"You’re a Lie"
"No More Heroes"
"Halo"
"We Will Roam"
"Anastasia"
"Not for Me"
"Bad Rain"
"Hard & Fast"
"Far and Away"
"Shots Fired"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z1oHNP69Ea

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

hmmm that Anastasia sounds intriguing.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

gotta say i'm not a fan of "you're a lie" - a very generic and dated sound.

A step backwards as far as i'm concerned and indicative of a vocalist who won't challenge or push the boundaries of Slash's talents

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

"There's the song called 'Apocalyptic Love,' which is the title track of the record and the first song we ever did together."

I thought that was Starlight?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

"There's the song called 'Apocalyptic Love,' which is the title track of the record and the first song we ever did together."

I thought that was Starlight?

I think he was talking about the band and not only Myles.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

hmmm that Anastasia sounds intriguing.

Yeah, it does! 3

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I still have faith in this project. Myles is a great vocalist. I'm hoping he pulls out some chris cornell style epic high notes like he did on the first alterbridge album....

Board footer