You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Surprised label isnt capitalizing on rrhof

monkeychow wrote:

I'm somewhere in the middle on this one, love the new band, and keen as fuck to hear a new album from them (or a mixed era line up as on CD) - but I really suspect I'd hate the AFD redux...I'd give it a listen...but if robin played the solos as differently to the original as he did live then I'd be one of the butthurt people I'm afraid.

I grew up with those guitar solos. They're like the words to Happy Birthday in my head...you just can't change them.

I suspect it would be a mixed bag. On one hand it would be cool because of the modern recording techniques..but on the other hand it would be wrong town performance wise. I'd far rather a new master of the original AFD sessions.

I'd love a crash diet outtake or is that UYI era?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses, but not a fan of their last album. Today's line-up means jack shit to me, as any other band on the world that has done jack shit.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewforum.php?id=3

There you go.

What an arrogant and ignorant comment by you. You can be proud of yourself. 2022

Let me clear this for you and your kind. This thread is about the RRHOF induction. It's all about the classic band and a bit about the UYI times. An era that, in your mind, belongs to the 'There Was A Time' section. If it were true, than even the current era should be there, cause it has nothing to do with DJ and whoever else, it's built on the legacy and fame of the original five.
I've only posted here in the RRHOF related threads and bigbri's reunion thread. Each has spent days or weeks here. Cause the most interesting part of Guns N' Roses present and future is the RRHOF and the chances of a reunion. It might tell you something about the relevance of today's line-up. They are not even invited to the RRHOF - rightfully, cause that's not of their business. They can be great guys, great players, etc., I don't hate them at all - but I cannot support something that does not exist. I cannot be a fan of some wishful thinking. However, as a Guns N' Rsoes fan I have everyright to express my view here, even if it's critical. But I'm afraid you'll never understand this, or you'll never have the spine to admit it.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Oh, so I'm not on your "ignore list". My bad.

I think I'll just take a break with this GNR stuff. Not disappearing, just not bothering so much, not indulging in any long posts. monkeychow and misterID does them well enough as it is.

I'm just fed up. I'm fed up with all the bullshit. Nothing moves forward with these discussions. Nothing at all. Just the same old fucking bullshit for 15 years; the haters, the nutswingers and those who try to keep sane. The same old goddamn arguments; "GNR doesn't exist", "todays album doesn't mean jack shit". I've been reading these posts for over a decade! A goddamn decade! You're waiting for the chance of a reunion? Jesus Christ, you're better off waiting for the US government to admit there's such a thing as alien spacecraft visiting our Earth! You're just fooling yourself into pointless debates about something that won't happen. Just five minutes ago I read how Duff says it's not likely they WILL play. Wow, big surprise! Thank God I never got involved in discussing it! I knew it was a waste of time.

I am bored of being a fan of a band that existed 20 years ago, and will never exist again - therefore I decided to embrace this new band in whatever form and have a good time doing it - just because I discovered that having a positive outlook on this crap is better than acting Joan Collins. I'm bored of people like you Mikkamakka who keeps on with this negative shit for over a decade, spoiling it for anyone who wants to have a good time with the same old stupid arguments - like it's something the rest of us haven't thought of or gone through a million times in our heads since 1995. I didn't know people had it in them to keep such a pointless argument run for so long.

And like Russ pointed out, the band is active, they communicate, the website is up, they included Illusion stuff and NOW we complain that they're not in the studio writing new songs? Even I agreed on the argument! How come they're not? How come they're out touring and now making music, how come they are in the studio and not out there touring? How come when Axl go left, we go right? Just for the sake of it? Fine, the guy has issues, we all have fucking issues. Just make the best of it.

But wait, they're not the REAL band, so why even debate it? They don't exist after all right? They mean jack shit after all, DJ is a guy who wears a top hat like Slash and they play songs they never did write, either AFD or Chinese.

No mate, you're just here to express your views right, to bring out some passive aggressive comments on a band that does not exist. But wait, if it was that easy - we all would simply be hyped up over this and all be happy for whatever may happen, but as a Guns N' Roses fan you have every right to come over here to express your views on the old band but still find the time to  express your views on a band that in your eyes does not exist, but yet somehow does because you appearantly have a critical view on it. If this is what you have to offer, then discuss what you love and just stay away from the rest. It's a pointless never-ending circle of bullshit which we will NEVER manage to finish. For one of you, there's always a nemesis. And off we go on a never-ending circle of arguments which can never be resolved. But yet you still bring it on, many just keep on bringing it on - and have been bringing it on for 15 years.

Guns N' Roses stopped existing in 1993.
Guns N' Roses exists in 2012.

Any debate falls into those categories as a backdrop. If you happen to love both bands, you will sure as fuck be shot down by partypoopers like you coming into destroy the argument which brings nothing to the table. If you're  mentally retarded and for some crazy reason talk shit about Slash and thinks DJ Ashba is the second coming, then good luck Jarmo. If you wanna discuss shit with them, then good luck and have a good time.

Who gives a shit about relevance? And who are you to decide what people think is relevant or not? People want to have a good time, drink a few beers to some tunes, maybe go to a show. They don't need to be reminded all the time that their good time out is an illusion because the band does not exist and Axl is an asshole. Just fucking let it go and stop with the arguments. We all get it, and many agree.

And you know what Mikkamakka, the people themselves, the people actually INVOLVED - Duff, Axl, Slash, Tommy, Izzy, Bucket whatever - they don't even CARE anymore!. Maybe they cared a decade ago. Maybe Duff was grumpy because Axl took the name, maybe Slash was pissed because Axl kept being an ass and maybe Axl simply in his world tried to save the band before everything fell apart. But now? They don't really give a shit any longer. Izzy joined several shows, Duff opens for "GNR" and Slash says whatever positive in his way of doing it.

When they stop caring, I think it's bloody time WE stop caring and get over ourselves with this nonsense. This is growing more and more into some twisted religion, and our Gods simply left years ago. I'm not worshipping in an empty church that's for sure, because that's what we're doing.

Goddamnit and go nuts. I'm not getting into it any longer.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That was building up a long time...

And dude, you are one of the level headed guys around here. Don't vanish smile

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

yes, this forum has gone mad again. thanks to a handful of bitches.

i feel you, dck.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I think what a lot of you don't even realize is these boards have been kept alive by the controversy, the debate, the dissagreements. It's a fucking trainwreck the way Gn'R was and still is. Some of you think you want it to be like a U2 fan forum where everyone agrees about how nice things are. News flash that would never fucking fly on a  Guns N' Roses board because the band isn't active enough. They don't give the fans enough to talk about so we're left to our own devices and we do spend years upon years engaged in conversations that are mostly based upon speculation and opinion rather than facts of what's actually happening. Pus look at the band. The situation has never existed before. The circumstances are completely forgien to any other fan base. OF COURSE it's gonna cause dissention amoung the fans. It's too big of an entity with two entirely different eras that continue to cross over.

Those of us who regularly express what our displeasures are with the band are still fans and we also express the good things yet that's never acknowledged by some of you of course because as always you put your energy towards the stuff that doesn't support your agenda which is keeping everything peachy keen. You allow the shit to build up inside to the point where you get a massive rant like the one DCK just gave. It's unhealthy to not epxress the things you are thinking and feeling and by expressing the things you think suck doesn't make you any less of a fan and it does not mean you can't express the good things too. It's not a Democrats vs Republican thing. You don't have to be one or the other. Weird that some of you choose that route though.  You pigeon hole yourself into this online charcater and allow yourself no room to breath. You can't say what's on your mind cause if you do it's ruining the illusion that you've created for yourself. And there's no disgareeing wiht that because if your'e gonna bitch at others for doing it you sure as shit can't and won't do it yourself so you've left yourself with one vie wof it and no wiggle room at all.  It has nothing to do with what other's are talking about. NOTHING. It has everything to do with how you feel about the situation.  Maybe if some of you were just honest about things instead of trying to portray this idea that everything is fucking awesome in Gn'R land 24/7  it wouldn't be ruined for you.

I can't say for sure but I'm well under the impression that those of you who constantly try to paint everything as though it's just great and  that we all gotta stay incredibly positive at all costs,  leave these boards at night and the whole thing eats away at you big time/ Whereas those of us who do share what we don't like about the situation leave the board at night and don't give it a second thought untill we log back in. That's just a guess but I think it's closer to the truth than a  lot will want to admit.

And for the record I don't agree with everything DCK says and I wouldn't want him to leave. Half the shit you post in here MisterID is bonkers in my opinion yet we get alone fine in the other sections so....

I think people need to realize the fanbase is a reflection of the chaos that is the band we've chosen to follow.  If you don't like that chaos and dysfunction then yeah I guess it's time to check out.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U know why  I bitch?

cause Im tired of people accepting whatever scraps they are thrown by this band. we are like chained up bitches outside happy to have 2 secs of attention and some left over scrpas thrown at us.

I am not easily pleased or accepting of shit.

Website? great, touring same songs after how many years? Great! communicating via twitter etc? Great

but guess what.. U ARE SUPPOSED TO DO THIS SHIT!

I love this band but I have never been star struck etc. I hope Axl reads forums and readds my post. cause i am prob one of a handful who don't wanna meet him, i don't want to be his friend, i just don't care bout that.

Axl wanted this band, he had a vision SO DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR FUCKING VISION>

what he has done since 1996 since Slash quit is embarrassing.

so here's a fucking cookie for touring and FINALLY getting into the internet age in Two thousand fucking twelve.

I'm not impressed.

u bitches happy with the occasional pat on the head and the little table scraps, I applaud u. i have higher standards.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm somewhere in the middle on this one, love the new band, and keen as fuck to hear a new album from them (or a mixed era line up as on CD) - but I really suspect I'd hate the AFD redux...I'd give it a listen...but if robin played the solos as differently to the original as he did live then I'd be one of the butthurt people I'm afraid.

I grew up with those guitar solos. They're like the words to Happy Birthday in my head...you just can't change them.

I suspect it would be a mixed bag. On one hand it would be cool because of the modern recording techniques..but on the other hand it would be wrong town performance wise. I'd far rather a new master of the original AFD sessions.

I'd love a crash diet outtake or is that UYI era?

Yeah, pretty sure Crash Diet is from the UYI era. I think I read from Slash that they just 'forgot' to record that one, or maybe that was Ain't Goin Down...?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

for the record, i acknowledge the following:

gnr has been little more than a touring tribute band since old guns broke up.

cd is all weve gotten in 20 years as far as new material and that is pathetic.

cd, although the quality of the material is subjective, was both a clusterfuck of a release and was mixed, mastered, and produced poorly.

axl doesnt take as good of care of his voice and body as he could and is the primary reason for the above issues.

one short post that i think most of us, if not all of us, would agree with.

i think what dck may be getting at is that some people repeat this very same content over and over and over again.  and then call people like him out as if they are living in la la land when he gets tired of the bitching.

it's not about the band. it's about the forum.

some people i think spend too much time on this site and i think that includes the people that see the negatives as well as the people that see the positives in life.

other people like me, who rarely even post, check in periodically just to see if any news breaks.

honestly, i find the bitching petty and question why a person would spend so much time posting on a gnr website when 99.99 percent of their posts are complaining.

i acknowledge that gnr/axl doesn't do a lot for it's fan base so i understand the negativity but i choose not to let it bother me and that includes not spending so much time on gnrevo.

gnr comes to town again i will probably go see them.

gnr release new material i will definitely check it out.

if they don't and if they don't...... it's no skin off my back.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I agree topics,posts etc get redundant

but what else are we gonna do?

we are like a bad TV show that can't get canceled! LOL

Board footer