You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

Aussie wrote:

Yeah for me Robin seemed like a good fit for the Chinese stuff whilst DJ is a better suited for the older stuff.

Mazdarati
 Rep: 7 

Mazdarati wrote:

Thanks for the vids Russ smile Dead Flowers was killer and it was nice to see Robin without the over-the-top emo getup.

Bumble's solo in Ma Kin reminded me of Yngwie shredding all over dream on...set down your ego for a minute and actually play something that fits the song. Good lord.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yeah for me Robin seemed like a good fit for the Chinese stuff whilst DJ is a better suited for the older stuff.

they should just use 4 guitarists. whatever. who cares at this point.

Sky Dog wrote:

and add another drummer/bongo player. tongue

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Has Ron clarified his tweet, yet?

Can't watch the video right now, but will later. 11

Sky Dog wrote:

no....I don't think he is leaving. They may want to have a backup if he breaks down. The Euro tour should be a big money maker.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Has Ron clarified his tweet, yet?

Can't watch the video right now, but will later. 11

I don't think he needs to clarify. He's been in pain throughout the tour, so now he gets a few months to rest up. Seems pretty straight forward to me. I don't think there's any deeper hidden meanings or anything.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

People forget Robin had more official, ASCAP writing credits than Bucket on Chinese...actually him and Paul have 7 a piece which is second to Axl. Dizzy has 6, Tommy 5, and Buckethead 3.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7377&p=1

That can be misleading though. The best guitar solo on the album apparently wasn't good enough to give Buckethead any writing credit for TWAT. Kinda reminds me of Slash with Estranged.

you shouldn't get a writing credit for coming in and adding one solo to an already written song...just my opinion. Estranged is different because Slash played all the melodies and solos...big difference.

I disagree. Bucket's TWAT solo takes a decent song and turns it into a very good song. It has that kind of impact IMHO. Hell, if the rest of the song was actually up to par with the solo, it would be a certifiably GREAT song. But it's not because I feel like the lyrics and melodies during the earlier part of the song aren't that good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but if it weren't for the initial writers who constructed the song, Buckethead wouldn't have had that solo. It goes both ways. Plus, enhancing a song isn't seen as writing. If we went by that Paul Buckmaster would also get a songwiritng credit. You can't pick and choose as to who gets writing credit.

THIS should have been a GN'R song... Maybe it was at one point.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

A lot of Buckethead fans complain that some of the best songs he's been playing live he's never recorded.

I WONDER if this is because they WERE GNR songs and Axl has the rights to them, like this song above.

Board footer