You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Bumblefoot Visits Maxim Magazine

Bono wrote:

Should've played Better that's all. Enoguh with the new band regurgitating the past. yes to some extent they need to in live setttings but in a setting liek this at leats play their own material..... of shit they don't even have their own material cause the newest material is the stuff thatw as written by the original cover band. The whole situation is a farce.

The guys in the band are stuck between a  rock and a hard place and Axl is the reason why.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah, again - it sucks. It's a shameless farce of epic proportions.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I have no problem with Ron or anyone in the band doing this stuff at all. I think it's great. I just wish they had something of their own to attach their name to rather than Slash's work. Ya know?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:

I guess it's what you choose to focus on. For me, I saw a video of Ron branded as "lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses" running around, being goofy (as he always is), promoting and playing Guns N' Roses songs.

I was seeing the same thing as well. Some people need to chill, man!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Its fraudulent passing yourself off as GNR and playing Slash's solos music.. Plagarism. fooling youngsters who may not know GNR yet into thinking u wrote it.

Fail

I like you D...

But it's shit like this that makes you come across as a douche.

No offense taken

but if u are the Lead Guitarist.. play something u wrote.

Some dipshits will think "WOW, this guy wrote Paradise City"

Trust me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Is it possible Maxim requested Ron to play "Paradise City" or something of the like?  Knowing their readers wouldn't know what the hell "Better" was.  Just a thought.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In any event I don't see it as Ron's fault.

He's said multiple times that he can't wait to write and record with the current band.

The guy is a pro musician - he would probably love nothing more than to be up there playing one of his numbers - but realistically at the moment he is better known for being GNR's current lead player so he gave them a GNR song everyone knows. I mean if he got up there and played "real" the mag can't promote it as a GNR invasion of their office etc....

I'm hopeful eventually there will be a CD2 and then at some stage we'll have some more blistering Ron solos that he can do in things like this.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ron played very nice (not near as good as Slash), but I agree there is still something lame and incredibly weird that these guys are playing Slash's material and being advertised as "Guns N' Roses Lead Guitarist".

I don't blame Ron. I don't blame DJ in the same situation. These guys have been TOTAL CLASS. They always put over the fans, put over the old band, and put over Slash, and ALWAYS cut off people who bash Slash to try to win their approval.

I blame Axl. Either record music or sit your goddamn old ass at the house. Fuck what you are doing right now. You've done it, it's over, I enjoyed it, it's time to move on. Regardless of what you're doing, I am moving on and most of your long time hardcore fans are too.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Dude if he sat his ass at the house in 2 years you'd be posting "fuck the silence...do something...anything...play a tour...turn off the xbox" wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No I wouldn't. Don't hang that HTGTH psychology shit on me man. I don't hardly post now, let alone 2 years of silence.

It's different this time monkey and me and you both know it. The difference is I don't care about the silence anymore. What they are doing right now is silence. What they were doing with UpCP was silence.

If Axl were to take his ball and go home it wouldn't phase me a bit. Because I would KNOW WITHOUT ANY DOUBT that NO reunion is possible, and NO album is possible.

I would wish Axl the best in his retirement from the business, as much as it'd disappoint me. But Axl wouldn't be wasting anything creatively. Axl wasted his creative prime 15 years ago. It's a done deal man.

Board footer