You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: SLASH In The Studio With Steven Adler

Mikkamakka wrote:

SLASH In The Studio With ADLER; Photo Available - Mar. 16, 2012

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla … mID=171341

Legendary guitarist Slash recorded a guest appearance last night (Thursday, March 15) on the forthcoming debut album from ADLER, the new band led by his former GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Steven Adler.

A photo of Slash in the studio with ADLER can be seen below.

In addition to Steven, ADLER features Lonny Paul (ADLER'S APPETITE) on guitar and Jacob Bunton (LYNAM, MARS ELECTRIC) on vocals/guitar. The group has completed eight songs for its debut album, which is being recorded in Los Angeles with producers Jeff Pilson (former DOKKEN and current FOREIGNER/TOOTH AND NAIL bassist) and Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STEEL PANTHER, ADRENALINE MOB).

"I love the music that we're creating!" states Adler. "I haven't been this excited about my band since the GN'R days. Jacob is exactly the singer I have been searching for. He has an amazing range and is a great writer and frontman. Lonny is an amazing guitarist and songwriter and the vibe is amazing!" He added, "I'm so excited for everyone to hear this record!"

Steven spent the past several years touring and recording with ADLER'S APPETITE, which played original material alongside cover versions of songs from GUNS' classic debut album, "Appetite For Destruction".

In 2010, Adler collaborated with Slash on the latter's self-titled debut solo album. He appeared on the track "Baby Can't Drive", along with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, Alice Cooper and Nicole Scherzinger. The song was featured on an expanded edition of the album released by Classic Rock magazine.

Adler, Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, singer Axl Rose and guitarist Izzy Stradlin will all be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame next month in Cleveland, along with later GUNS N' ROSES members, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and drummer Matt Sorum.

slashadlerband.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sounds cool...i'll buy it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My interest went up when I heard "current-Foreigner & Steel Panther" on the producing team.

Both of their albums these days are VERY SLICK. Steven should be in good hands, and i'm very anxious to hear where he goes as a solo artist. Just another GN'R album for us GN'R fans.

I'm guessing it's gonna be total sleaze throwback, love letter to the late 80's sunset scene.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah his last AA stuff was very classic slezze rock...I liked it though...but with a Slash solo on a track will be pretty cool I'd guess. And agreed the Steel Panther records sound great.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just find a good song to be a good song, no matter what genre it is (okay maybe 90's Euro-techno is the exception, that shit BLOWS).

But I think Steven is lighting this thing up (pardon the expression) at the right time. There's alot of revionism interest in that late 80's scene these days. The wars are over. Sleaze/Glam has it's niche. Grunge has it's niche. And with the shit state rock is in today, alot of rock lovers are going back to those older bands/artists to see what they've got going on today.

If Steven can put together good music, and keep his head screwed on, right at HOF time... he might be surprised at the results he sees.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

And he picked a winner for a singer this time..

Board footer