You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

faldor wrote:
gibbo wrote:

And what a surprise slash wants to play 16:haha:

Gibbo

I still don't fully believe Slash.  Sorry.  It's quite easy for him to say he'd like to perform, knowing the chances of it aren't very good because of Axl.  Then when they don't perform, Axl looks like the bad guy.  Again, for ONE night, Slash has absolutely nothing to lose if they were to play.  Axl is the only one who you could strongly argue has a lot to lose.

As for Izzy, I'm not convinced he'll even attend the ceremony.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Here we go. You can hear for yourself- I didn't think they were going to talk GNR at all til it popped up right at the end.

http://media.waaf.com/a/53614951/slash- … volver.htm?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Sorry, that's not a response to faldor. Not disagreeing.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
smoke wrote:

Sorry, that's not a response to faldor. Not disagreeing.

I gotcha.  Thanks for sharing.

And deep down, I do think Slash would like to do what's right for the fans.  That's just the type of guy he is.  At the same time, he's very media savvy.  He knows what to say and what not to say, unlike some others.  But he still has nothing to lose by playing.  Axl does, and he only has himself to blame for that.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

yer dont know why i didnt do that too many beer

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

just uploaded it to you tube  drugs are bad

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

Axl IS the road block.  Everyone with an ounce of common sense knows the old guys would do it in a  heart beat. They're waiting for Axl to make the move so he's comfortable. It's clear none of the old guys wanna freak him out so they lay back act all chill about it. Axl is the road block END OF STORY. The old guys could say "YES we're in"  and Axl may not want it. If Axl said "YES I'M IN"  the other guys would make it happen. Everyone knows this. For some to pretend this isn't the case is just hilarious. It's some really weird allegiance to Axl  to deny this is the case.

Everyone with an ounce of common sense would see that this is based on supposition, not incontrovertible knowledge.

Supposition #1 - They're waiting for Axl to make the move so he's comfortable.  It's clear none of the old guys wanna freak him out so they lay back act all chill about it.

Supposition #2  - If Axl said "YES I'M IN"  the other guys would make it happen.

Yes, I understand this is POSSIBLE, but to act like it's a foregone conclusion is just incorrect.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

I'm citing that as an example as to
how another band member could theoretically elect to not participate in a reunion for whatever reasons they may have, be it Slash or Izzy, etc.

Ali

No offence Ali but I just don't see how it's valid as an example of that.

There were obvious specific factors applicable to that night that mostly likely influenced the anniversary boycott and none of them are applicable at RRHOF.

Yes, theoretically any member could refuse yo be involved, but there is absolutely no available data to suggest anyone but Axl would do such a thing.

Izzy: Has stated he'd love to play with the original 5 guys. Has demonstrated willingness to deal with Axl - even by appearing with the modern band.

Duff: Long known as a peacemaker in GNR and VR. Has appeared with Axl and the new band and recently went as far as appearing as an opening act for Axl.

Steven/Matt: Everyone knows steven begs for a reunion daily. Matt has also come out many times in praise of Axl's abilities as a front man. Both of them also suggested sharing drumming duties on their respective tracks.

Slash: On the record as saying if Axl approached him to reunite GNR he would "do whatever it takes to at least have a conversation about it." has stated he "wants to end the animosity" and will fast shut down anti-axl talk from an interviewer, in the past 5 years or so has always spoken respectfully and diplomatically about Axl.

Axl: Says Slash is a cancer. Says there is zero possibility of him having anything to do with him. Says death for one of them will come first.

I don't know what else I can say. Maybe in a parallell universe the reunion is not happening because of one of the other bandmates...it's theorietically possible in a quantum physics kind of way...but nothing in my reality indicates it 16

That interview with Izzy where he stated a willingness to reunite with the old band was done BEFORE the HOF induction list for this year was announced.  When you or anyone else can provide confirmation that A) Izzy will attend and B) is willing to play that night, then you can eliminate him as a potential roadblock.

For the last fucking time, I'm not saying Axl isn't a roadblock, but everyone here is acting as if no other band member could have an opinion or motivation that does not allow for a reunion and that is just completely unrealistic. 

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:

I'll add this.  Izzy does have an official Twitter account.  As far as I can see, he's never once addressed the HOF.  If he uses that or any other avenue to confirm that he will attend and is willing to play, then, yes, it's safe to say that it's certainly Axl that is holding it up (if Slash is indeed willing to play that night).  Until then, it is not certain.  I'll add this quote from Duff, just to give some insight from someone who actually knows Izzy:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … n-20120309

I've heard that Axl is going. Do you think that Izzy will go?
I don't know. You'd have to ask him. It would be great if Izzy went, but I don't really know. I don't know if he's into that whole kind of thing with cameras and all that stuff.

Ali

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
Ali wrote:

I'll add this.  Izzy does have an official Twitter account.  As far as I can see, he's never once addressed the HOF.  If he uses that or any other avenue to confirm that he will attend and is willing to play, then, yes, it's safe to say that it's certainly Axl that is holding it up (if Slash is indeed willing to play that night).  Until then, it is not certain.  I'll add this quote from Duff, just to give some insight from someone who actually knows Izzy:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … n-20120309

I've heard that Axl is going. Do you think that Izzy will go?
I don't know. You'd have to ask him. It would be great if Izzy went, but I don't really know. I don't know if he's into that whole kind of thing with cameras and all that stuff.

Ali

Ok so its Izzy fault now 14

Gibbo

Board footer