You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: My book, now in English

DCK wrote:

Coming this spring

551262_10151452848940243_625720242_23445802_151229236_n.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

NICE! congrats DCK!

do you know if it will be distributed in canada?

DCK

DCK wrote:

They say "worldwide", but if that means bookstores or just online I wouldn't know. It will be available online thru fonthillmedia.com and I am sure it will be at Amazon and all those large online retailers. As for Canadian bookstores, I don't know what they plan but if anything they should at least get it out at major Canadian airshows.

Here's a sample preview to check out

http://fonthillftp.com/SPREADS/vikingspitfire.html

They've actually managed to put up for pre-order already

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Viking-Spitfire … 057&sr=8-1

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I cannie read toinight. Congrastulations though, fantastic life accumpolishment! 22

DCK

DCK wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I cannie read toinight. Congrastulations though, fantastic life accumpolishment! 22

LOL, always love a good drunk post!

Thanks mate!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

AWESOME !!

smile

DCK

DCK wrote:

I brought it to work today, just to show it off. Two years of work, design and what else. One of my collegues took a minute read at a random page and pointed out a word wasn't correctly used. Another piped in and said she was right  - it was wrong, he underlined it like twice.

Is this a Scandinavian thing? To be presented with a two year work project, and automatically hit the critics button? Why not just say "wow, congrats man".

Pissed me off. I won't bring anything next time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No, it's a fucking American thing too.

There is nothing worse than busting your ass, hard, and delivering pages and pages of a paper to a college professor (which I consider 'art', if you fancy yourself a 'writer', and that paper becomes apart of you, an extension of you...)

And then they find every little, itty bitty thing with it, and slap a C- minus on the paper.

I literally cut an Austin-like promo on a teacher once, and told them flat out they needed "read it again, because you didn't get it", and the teacher responded "i'm the doctor here", and I responded "then i'd think you'd know reading comprehension".

I was MAD hot

DCK

DCK wrote:

Yep, same thing, different situation that's all.

The situation above was in fact a different book written in my native tounge, so not the original book in this topic (I write a lot at times), but it doesn't matter.

It's so easy to be the critic right, instead of actually finding a few things you like with the product in front of you and say a couple of nice things.

As you say, it becomes a part of you, an extension.

That's why it pisses you off badly.

Next time this woman knits a fucking scarf, I'll look at it and point to a few mistakes and make sure to let her know it's there as well.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

After those experiences I started to ask myself, "is this what music artists think when they read our posts on the internet, if they do?"

Suddenly I adopted a policy of pointing out "the good" in addition to "the weaker" to try to counter balance to be fair.

I knew from that point forward why artists, writers & performers HATE critics.

Board footer