You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Smoking Guns wrote:

If Axl continues to hate slash, everyone will finally just hate Axl. He will be seen as a Villin more now than ever.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Or.... wait for it...

Hidden Text:

Izzy never had any intention of going

... 16

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
WARose wrote:

if axl was willing to play, izzy would be there in a minute...

Riad wrote:

How about an open letter to Axl Rose? How about we draft one.

Possible.

Axl don't like getting singled out and begged for a reunion. If anything, the reunion aspect of the letter should in my opinion address all AFD (UYI?) members with the notion: "Screw RRHOF, please guys, just do it like Led Zeppelin."

Followed by a plea for CD2, VR3 and Loaded4. 16

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
WARose wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Maybe they'll show up with a "Where's Izzy" sign. 16

I am surprised, I thought he'd be the one to spearhead a performance. I guess this dispells the myth that everyone was on board, sans Axl. But I still think there's a better chance now of seeing Duff, Slash and Izzy together with Axl in the future, maybe a few songs at a GN'R gig, with this HOF thing. They have to interact with each other, at some point in some way... You'd think.

Funny.  I remember a few days ago it was suggested that there could possibly be other factors at play besides Axl's willingness to play, it was dismissed quite summarily.  Guess it wasn't quite so simple 19

Ali

if axl was willing to play, izzy would be there in a minute...

There is no indication whatsoever that Izzy's decision had anything to do with Axl not wanting to play. 

I know people want the simple answer and the easy target for the blame, but it just may not be that simple. 

You just proved what DCK said the other day, "assumption is the truth" around here 16

Ali

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

If Izzy doesn't show he is truly a bad ass mother fucker and it proves his gypsy like qualities.

Izzy is the most kick ass member of the band hands down, ha.

Maybe it is a ruse telling people he isn't showing up.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Ali wrote:

There is no indication whatsoever that Izzy's decision DIDN'T HAVE anything to do with Axl not wanting to play. 

I know people want the simple answer and the easy target for the blame, but it just may not be that simple. 

You just proved what DCK said the other day, "assumption is the truth" around here 16

Ali

There fixed it for you.

You have just done from your side of the fence what you are accusing others of doing.

You are assuming that because there is no indication from Izzy that Axl's antics/not wanting to play were a factor, that they weren't.  Just because he didn't send out a press release informing everyone of how he made his decision, doesn't mean it wasn't a factor.

Jeez people really think their assumptions are truth around here.

On a separate note, you know what, without assumptions which people use to form opinions on situations, there would be no fucking message board or discussions.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

If Izzy doesn't show he is truly a bad ass mother fucker and it proves his gypsy like qualities.

Izzy is the most kick ass member of the band hands down, ha.

Maybe it is a ruse telling people he isn't showing up.

Izzy is the man. Axl, Slash, and Duff are rockstars. Izzy is rock n roll.

If I had gotten tickets I would have been that dude with a Where's Izzy sign. 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ I really hope someone does it, that would be great!

Faldor can you do this?  14

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Ali wrote:

There is no indication whatsoever that Izzy's decision DIDN'T HAVE anything to do with Axl not wanting to play. 

Ali

There fixed it for you.

You have just done from your side of the fence what you are accusing others of doing.

You are assuming that because there is no indication from Izzy that Axl's antics/not wanting to play were a factor, that they weren't.  Just because he didn't send out a press release informing everyone of how he made his decision, doesn't mean it wasn't a factor.

Jeez people really think their assumptions are truth around here.

On a separate note, you know what, without assumptions which people use to form opinions on situations, there would be no fucking message board or discussions.

Actually, I'm not.  I'm saying there is no indication it had anything to do with Axl not wanting to play, as in the statement was not "Slash said Izzy decided not to come because Axl did not want to play".  I'm saying it's entirely possible Izzy's decision was independent of Axl's plans.  What I'm not doing is saying that is absolutely the case.  Whereas some people are definitively linking Izzy's decision on attending to Axl's decision to play.  You'll note how I said it MAY not be so simple.

So, no, I'm not doing what I'm accusing the other side of doing.  Nice try, though 16

Oh, and by "other factors" I also mean Steven Adler's ability to not shoot his mouth off in a misdirected and unnecessary manner 16

Ali

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am so sick. Been looking forward to the rnrhof since at least 2006. Terrible.

Board footer