You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

war wrote:

i just don't believe he believes in what he is doing.

if that was the case he would've said he wasn't going in the first place.

his reasons for not going were no different a month ago..the press and aspects of the business, etc.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I like that Axl didn't act like he's standing up against what the HOF is, or isn't, for why he's not showing up.  He's telling you right there it's because he's being told what to do. At least he's not inventing any "high moral" reason... Kind of like the rants Ozzy used to make about the HOF... Until Black Sabbath was inducted.

But I've noticed a few Axl fans using this as a moment to tell people to move on... yes, I agree. Axl should move on, too. He's stuck in a self inflicted rut, where nothing is happening, and only he can pull himself out. He's not living up to his and his cohorts mentality of "move on" and "Get on board or fuck off." The only way to move on and get on board is if the train is moving forward. Why get on board something that isn't moving... or going anywhere? And that train ain't moved since 2008. Stop living in 1991? Okay, stop living in 2008.

I'm not expecting GN'R to take over the world again, or anything silly like that. That ship sailed in the 90's when Slash was still in the band. I'm expecting him to act like the artist he is and make art. He wants to move on, he wants the fans to move on, give us a reason.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I too feel a mixture of sadness, emptiness and anger.

The greatest rock n roll band of all time in my view who are the only recent band close to honoring the true legacy and spirit of rock n roll, who shaped the dreams of a generation and inspired millions can't put aside petty differences.

It brings back all too painfully into contrast how Axl and only Axl, marginalised and drove apart a truly great band due to his own pathetic need for control and rampant insecurities.

The fact that we are subjected to these painfully infantile rants that I would expect from an adolescent is just insult to injury.

Will always love the music of GN'R - first and foremost AFD and Lies. UYI is a brilliant work but fails in some ways to capture the true spirit - largely due to Izzy's limited involvement (the true heart and leader of GN'R). Spaghetti is not essential in any way, and CD is not a GN'R record and all but the most deluded of souls realised this.

A sad day for fans of this once most brilliant band - I always had a soft spot for Axl, kind of felt sorry for him etc... but today something changed and a culmination of all the years of his lameness have come home to roost. i find myself wishing he had never re-emerged at all and remained a total recluse - some dignity and respect may have remained intact at least. Today the last piece of that has been shattered.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

What does this mean????

It means Axl isn't willing to be the bigger man ever, under any circumstances. Quite the opposite actually. What he wants is to be right even if he's not. To be recognized as the holy one. He wants everyone that he's in contact with or has been in contact with to bend to his will, do as he says, act the way he feels they should act, express opinions that he feels are worthy and basically do what he says. He's a lunatic. The fact he's not willing to have a conversation untill his dellusional concessions are met shows this. he's an asshole end of story.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

People, please stop making excuses for Axl.  There was nothing noble about this chicken scratch letter that in parts confused me more than I was prior to reading the letter.  He is scared and very insecure.  By him pulling a no-show, it almost affirms that he knows his new band can't hang with the old and if an audience saw it, he feels it would kill his current band. 

He turned his back to Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven... but most of all, to his fans.  Fuck Him.  He is acting like a damn child.  "Don't include me"... Get over yourself Axl.  As much as you want to believe, you are not Guns N Roses, well, maybe now you are, but you weren't in the gold old days.  You were powerful, but not "that" powerful.  I am beyond bummed. 

He was wrong, I know it, as does everyone else.  Those that defend him now are very biased, and it makes me sick.  I hope the press murders him for this.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl needs to read the Bible or anything that teaches people to forgive and not hold hate forever.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

What does this mean????

It means Axl isn't willing to be the bigger man ever, under any circumstances. Quite the opposite actually. What he wants is to be right even if he's not. To be recognized as the holy one. He wants everyone that he's in contact with or has been in contact with to bend to his will, do as he says, act the way he feels they should act, express opinions that he feels are worthy and basically do what he says. He's a lunatic. The fact he's not willing to have a conversation untill his dellusional concessions are met shows this. he's an asshole end of story.

I think it is more a problem of not having faith that the other guys will stand up and be bigger men.  It is my belief that Axl so hated being on stage with loose lips (Adler) and double talkin' liars (Slash) that he felt there was more to lose than gain by taking the stage with them.

I give him credit for making a hard decision. From his note, there were negotiations between the Hall and his camp but the two sides could not come to an agreement.

Looking at the time line, recent comments by Adler (as late as early April) no doubt galvanized Axl's ill feeling about the event.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl needs to read the Bible or anything that teaches people to forgive and not hold hate forever.

How much do you have to give before you realize that the receiving hand cannot be trusted? With the art, with the truth?

Axl's sentiments toward Adler are well known. It is very apparent that Adler viewed this induction as his ticket to pressure Axl into a reunion.

Slash sued Axl at least twice; once for the name of the band (a cocktail napkin with a signature wasn't enough to convince a judge) and once for fraud.  He even lied about the visit to his house when Slash was having lead singer problems in VR.

What does Axl have to gain by trusting and forgiving these men again? At some point, you have to cut bait and move on.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I hope the press murders him for this.

They will, but at this point he sounds like a broken record. Eventually they'll just ignore him.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It should be Slash and Duff that should forgive Axl, not the other way around.  Forgive him for pissing away the greatest band of my generation.  Forgive him for starting riots.  Forgive him for forcing them to sign over rights to the band.  Forgive him for having guitar players not in the band, paul huge, play over his shit.  Forgive him for fucking over fans.  Forgive him for being late, always.  Forgive him for not really being a team player.  Forgive him for ruining the GNR brand.  Forgive him for being a major pain in the ass.

The could have thanked him for all the good at the reward show.  The fans, Slash, Duff, and Steven are the victims here, not Axl.

Board footer