You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's nothing cool about what he did.  Cool is Izzy saying nothing and just being Izzy.  Cool would have been saying what he said the day they were nominated.  THAT is standing up for what you believe.  Doing it 3 days before the event because he discovered it isn't going to go his way is pathetic.

Exactly. it IS taking his ball and going home despite what he wanst to say in his letter. Had he gotten his precious little way he'd have shown up but because it wasn't spoon fed to him on a silver platter the way he expceted it to be he bitched out. There's nothing else to say. he' bitched out like a punk. Anyone defending it is smoking some wicked crack.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It should be Slash and Duff that should forgive Axl, not the other way around.  Forgive him for pissing away the greatest band of my generation.  Forgive him for starting riots.  Forgive him for forcing them to sign over rights to the band.  Forgive him for having guitar players not in the band, paul huge, play over his shit.  Forgive him for fucking over fans.  Forgive him for being late, always.  Forgive him for not really being a team player.  Forgive him for ruining the GNR brand.  Forgive him for being a major pain in the ass.

The could have thanked him for all the good at the reward show.  The fans, Slash, Duff, and Steven are the victims here, not Axl.

Yup.

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Axl standing for what he believes and what he's said for at least the last decade or so.

What a pathetic, selfish, immature, complete and total asshole.

Wait....no.

roll Whatever dude. Blows my mind that you would even remotely back him on this. Must be some wicked kool-aid you're drinking.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People, please stop making excuses for Axl.  There was nothing noble about this chicken scratch letter that in parts confused me more than I was prior to reading the letter.  He is scared and very insecure.  By him pulling a no-show, it almost affirms that he knows his new band can't hang with the old and if an audience saw it, he feels it would kill his current band. 

He turned his back to Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven... but most of all, to his fans.  Fuck Him.  He is acting like a damn child.  "Don't include me"... Get over yourself Axl.  As much as you want to believe, you are not Guns N Roses, well, maybe now you are, but you weren't in the gold old days.  You were powerful, but not "that" powerful.  I am beyond bummed. 

He was wrong, I know it, as does everyone else.  Those that defend him now are very biased, and it makes me sick.  I hope the press murders him for this.

Agreed. It's almost as laughable to see anyone defend him on this as his pathetic letter was. I hope the press burries him as well and I hope the original 4 get up the and fucking rock out a few AFD hits without him.  Might as well throw up a big F-U to him since he did it to everyone else. Hell at this stage of the game the songs would probably sound better as an instrumental than have him struggle through it with some helium induced bullshit.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well my take on the whole thing....

First thoughts are he is a very bitter old man that doesn't appear to have grown one ounce over the last 20 odd years.  Rather he seems to have gotten worse, he is even more bitter and nasty now if that's possible.  Not that I needed this HOF statement to confirm that.

As Monkey said, it seems the fact that he can't control this whole thing is definitely an element in his decision not to be there.  Sounds like he has tried to negotiate with them over who is going, or who gets to play or maybe even who gets inducted. 

I thought this comment was interesting:

the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.

Maybe it was a big shock for him to come up against someone that actually said "NO" to him for a change. Must be a slap in the face to find out that not everybody bows down at the Rose Altar.  Although just because someone didn't agree with him or bend over to accomodate him it doesn't automatically mean he's not wanted or respected.  But then again when those people you sourround yourself with for years don't have the word "No" in their vocabulary when you want something, it must come as quite a shock when confronted with it.

Another point, who is this "we" he speaks of?  Is he not his own fucking man?

Since then we've listened to fans

Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out.

For more than a decade and a half we've endured the double standards

This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective

I'm sure it is the Lebeis' and Del no doubt.  This whole "our camp" thing is really divisive.  He speaks like they are waring factions and they all sit around a table and discuss their military strategy for everything.  I'm sure they probably get involved in the decision making these days on when is a good time for him to take a shit.  Why can't he man up and just say "I'.  Take your balls out of your camps purse and be your own man for once, make your own decisions.  The irony of him having a swipe at "the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types".  Is he not able to see the greed and conflict of interest of those around him that are sitting on his own gravy train?

I also find these two statement contradictary:

had discussions with the president of the Hall Of Fame,......Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out.

Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine.

If you haven't made any requests or demands then what is there to "work out".  If you are after an "amicable solution", this implies a solution that is acceptable to both parties.  Therefore it must involve some type of requests or demands from both sides.  So which is it?

I thought this was a swipe at Sorum too:

along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make

But if he doesn't feel Sorum should be there then I would have thought by logical extension that it means Dizzy shouldn't be there either.  Nice!

Finally, to refuse to accept his induction altogether is unforgiveable.  That to me is another chance for him to indirectly control/influence the other old guys by basically shitting on their parade.  By all means don't go for whatever petty reasons but seriously, don't fucken refuse the award.  Yes it's his right, but fuck me have some level of graciousness and consideration for others for just once in your life.

I found this curious too:

but from my perspective in regard to both the Hall and a reunion, the ball's never been in our court.

Is he implying the ball is in Slash's court for a reunion???  What does he want him to do?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bring on an instrumental medley of GNR Classics!  Axl didn't write the music to the appetite shit anyway, just lyrics. Rock the fuck out while Axl is home crying to beta and Fernando.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It should be Slash and Duff that should forgive Axl, not the other way around.  Forgive him for pissing away the greatest band of my generation.  Forgive him for starting riots.  Forgive him for forcing them to sign over rights to the band.  Forgive him for having guitar players not in the band, paul huge, play over his shit.  Forgive him for fucking over fans.  Forgive him for being late, always.  Forgive him for not really being a team player.  Forgive him for ruining the GNR brand.  Forgive him for being a major pain in the ass.

The could have thanked him for all the good at the reward show.  The fans, Slash, Duff, and Steven are the victims here, not Axl.

Yup.

Yup X 2

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Interscope should drop him from the label.

Seriously the guy is a cunt.

And the hats aren't fooling anyone.

Axl Rose the story of a washed out 50 year old that couldn't keep any of his post Slash guitarists in the band as he is a difficult cunt to work with.

Furthermore, a dude who can't move on and loves rehashing silly shit that happened years ago.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

You know I never fully expected him to go there and perform with the old band.  But I did expect to go up there and accept the induction with the other guys.  If he wanted to he could just stay away from Slash and Adler and just leave afterward in the private jet.

Instead, he pulls out the old "mysterious forces" excuse again.  Sometimes in life, we all do things we don't want to.  I thought he would have shown if only to thank the fans.  Those fans are the only reason he has that huge mansion in Malibu.

Contrast that with the Duff letter from yesterday.  Duff seems totally appreciative of the love that he received from the fans.  Yeah, he could have no showed but he chose to go to give back a little to the fans who have given him a lot over the years.

Axl should have followed that example.  I totally forgot that this letter came out 3 days before the induction.  It stinks for the fans who learned of this at the last minute.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is the end isn't it. .. ......

Or is it a new beginning....

No, it's the end.

Or at least I don't buy Axl's dedication to the future progress of GN'R at all.

People are forgetting key elements here. Axl is focused on the current band, yet at the same time -- CONSTANTLY supports his shows, their shows, on songs written by Slash, Izzy & Duff.

He wants to move on from Guns N' Roses... yet he's the stupid sumbitch that runs around with the name all over the world who didn't have the guts to break out on his own like the others. Slash, Izzy & Duff all had solo careers.

I just don't buy it. I don't see the fire out of Axl. The dedication. The determination to prove everyone wrong and turn GN'R into glam's NIN (meaning a lead guy and nothing else). Even fucking Coverdale re-casted Whitesnake and went out there and started cutting albums and really pushing the whole thing. Not Axl.

Russ, no offense, sounds like a 2004 Axlite fanboy with that "Axl Rose is performing with Guns N' Roses, the band he was apart of" or whatever he said.

Seriously? So we're gonna completely ignore GN'R shows are comprised of 66% old GN'R songs, 11% covers, and 22% new GN'R songs.

But hey, let's not live in the past, right?

The only mother fucker BREATHING that's living in the past is Axl Rose. It was never EVER a one-man band back during 87-93. And the only guy with "revisionism" is Axl Rose himself, who mis-remembers that who thought he was Trent goddamn Reznor before Trent Reznor knew Trent Reznor was Trent goddamn Reznor. Guns N' Roses was always a band. Always.

At the same time, i'm not shocked in the least that Axl did this. He wouldn't be Axl without it, right?

It's the end. And it will never ever be a new beginning, until AXL moves on and releases new music and buries the past. That's my opinion on the whole thing, and I completely agree with ID. Axl's out of options and outta time now. The only reason to follow him is new music.

Because of of now...

Steven Adler was right. There is a scab in Guns N' Roses.

W. Axl Rose

Post Of The Fucking Year.

I have no problem with the new band. They are a freight train. They kill it. Every night.

The possibilities are endless with those guys. Granted... They aren't even close to the 2001-02 lineup, and they aren't even a stain in the underpants of the old band...
But they are what they are...
I don't even hold it against Axl... This whole "This is Guns N' Roses now" bullshit he's been slingin' for over a decade. Whatever.
But for him to think he's taking some "High Road" by not acknowledging the historic significance of the old band and verbally denying that it is the 85-91 lineup that people revere to somehow preserve  the spirit and integrity of "Moving Forward"... Then maybe, just maybe... He should put his money where his mouth is, and...

Move Fucking Forward, already...

Put out some new shit with these guys, and quit playing the old band's fucking songs every night.

As far as I can see, it's never gonna happen. He had me with Bucket, Brain and Robin... He squandered that goldmine... He'll do the same to this one, too...

I'm done. He talks himself in circles, if he talks at all.

Board footer