You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Scabbie wrote:

So what do you do if you're in Duff or Slash's boots now?

Who can sing an old song with you? scott? Myles? That would look lame.

Play an instrumental? That would look kinda lame too.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

I hope izzy attends

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Not trying to be a dick either, sorry Axlin12 if I came off that way.

No problem, wasn't taken that way. smile

-Jack- wrote:

Screw that man. I'm not on any koolaid (not really a big fan of the new band) and I think Axl not showing up is fine. Doesn't say anything about him other than he doesn't want any part of the old band anymore

Doesn't want to be apart of the old band, but continues to pack 3/4 of all GN'R shows with their songs, and even when he reaches for cover songs, he intentionally choses cover songs performed and inspired by the old band.

Yeah man, he's "really over the divorce". Sounds to me like he looks at his wife's picture ( 21 ) and beats off everyday, then cries.

-Jack- wrote:

and anyone acting like this shouldn't have been expected is fooling themselves. I never got hyped for RRHOF because Axl is Axl.

This I totally agree with. Me either. I was not shocked this morning when I saw the frontpage news on Yahoo! with Axl's letter.

Just like "Manny being Manny", I knew "Axl would be Axl"

-Jack- wrote:

Axl is right too, the old band is done and people should finally accept that and stop getting excited about whatever rumors, superbowls or award shows are coming up. Be happy for what GNR was.

I also agree. If this doesn't sell it, nothing will. I thought for years that if Van Halen could do it, GN'R could.

A GN'R reunion is never ever ever gonna happen. Which leaves "new music" as the alternative.

I see neither, which buries Axl's credibility worldwide.

-Jack- wrote:

So besides the usual paranoid banter (boo boo RRHOF is conspiring against me!) I though Axl's message was fine. Just *imo*

Like I said before, "Axl being Axl". To be honest he made a swipe at Sorum, and referenced Steven's comments, but he was actually alot softer than i've seen him before.

Problem is...

It was Passive Aggressive

It was a total grandstand, and premeditated. Had Axl played this card months ago, NO ONE would've thought anything of it. To do it with DAYS away from the event, is entirely intentional on his part to sabotage the old band's moment.

And believe it or not Jack, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven all worked VERY hard to to make Guns N' Roses be something. It wasn't a one man band. And they deserve to not have classless distractions (including Steven) on a ceremony that celebrates their legacy as musicians, and also the fans that supported them.

jmho

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

So will Ashba, bumblefoot and Stinson now come out and thank Axl publically for his support of the new band?

AtariLegend wrote:

Still not one post in this thread explains why the Hall Of Fame is so important. None of the classic line up seemed to care that much when interviewed pre nomination except Adler.

Going about Slash's interpetation that the Revolver Golden Gods is the great Amercian event. Anyone that thinks that the Hall Of Fame is anything more than PR event... well.

Even if Axl wasn't a nutter, what motivation is there to sit there for a few hours with 2 people he very much dislikes and in all honestly probably dislike him just as to give them an extra headline in the Entertainment news next week.

His letter was a bad choice as usual, but I'm more embarrassed by the fans in this thread. Most of us are disgruntled, but some of you people are alot more delusional than he is, if you believe the shit you come off with.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

They'll probably just jam with someone and skip an actual performance. But GN'R were unique in that THE BAND used to actually participate (despite Axl's revisionism).

Duff could sing It's So Easy
Izzy could sing Think About You
Izzy could sing Dust N' Bones
Izzy could sing 14 Years
Duff could sing So Fine

I have no clue if someone like John Fogerty or Bruce Springsteen would be willing to sing something like Paradise City at the show to close the whole thing out.

I hope Izzy shows too, but my guess is they just jam with the other Hall of Famers there.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Still not one post in this thread explains why the Hall Of Fame is so important. None of the classic line up seemed to care that much when interviewed pre nomination except Adler.

Going about Slash's interpetation that the Revolver Golden Gods is the great Amercian event. Anyone that thinks that the Hall Of Fame is anything more than PR event... well.

Even if Axl wasn't a nutter, what motivation is there to sit there for a few hours with 2 people he very much dislikes and in all honestly probably dislike him just as to give them an extra headline in the Entertainment news next week.

His letter was a bad choice as usual, but I'm more embarrassed by the fans in this thread. Most of us are disgruntled, but some of you people are alot more delusional than he is, if you believe the shit you come off with.

Symbolic

Is about the only word that comes to mind. I didn't lose sleep over the HOF, but I did hope that a mini-reunion (one night only) might've happened, just to appease the fans.

I think the symbolism of the word "Hall of Fame" means the crowning achievement for a rock musician, but the reality is Duff is right too, and I agree. "How can art be put in a Hall of Fame?" Rock HOF is about as legit as the WWE Hall of Fame. But at the same time -- it's symbolic.

Personally if I was a rockstar, I wouldn't want to be apart of it, and Cleveland and Wenner can suck my ass.

BUT the fans seem to be crazy about it, and it means something to them. So the motivation is simply to show solidarity and a respect to your fans worldwide, past, present & future.

Axl didn't do that. And ultimately THAT is how history will write this moment. Whether I agree with it, you do, or don't or whatever... history will write the moment as such.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

They cut off the last part of Axls letter:

"Sincerely,

Axl Rose

P.S. RIP Armand, Long Live ABC III

P.P.S And FYI Dizzy your not fuckin going either!!"

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Busting out It's So Easy would be fucking badass with or without Axl. Izzy or Duff could easily sing It's So Easy. 14 Years with Izzy, awesome.  Rocket Queen instrumental would kick ass.  It would not look lame. the only thing/person that would look lame would be Axl. Those four guys getting up there and knocking it outta the park without Axl woud only show the world what a f ucking clown Axl really is.

What i don't want si a guest siger. Fuck that noise. We don't need someone going up there and then everyone syaing "oh wow Axl is so much better" Fuck Axl Rose. Don't give anyone a chnace to mention him. I swear the original four going up there and busting out tunes without Axl would fucking RULE! 9

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Axlin12 some good points definitely. Sucks for the rest of the band who just want to show up and accept the award without all this drama.

Board footer