You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

WARose wrote:

it sounds so fuckin right hearing slash, duff and steven playing together! now imagine axl wouldn`t be such an immense asshole and got his ass up on that stage as well..

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Axl can redeem himself in my eyes by pushing his great new line up onwards and releasing new and awesome music. I have no doubt he is capable of it.

The problem is he doesn't need to redeem himself in your eyes; he needs to redeem himself in the record company's eyes.  There will be no second record if that doesn't happen.  They aren't about to release him from his contract so he can make money for someone else (or himself).  It's going to take one hell of an album for them to give up on what they know is the real cash cow.  They won't allow him to move forward with mediocrity, and I don't think Axl's capable of delivering elite material anymore for a variety of reasons (and his talent level isn't one of them). 

Everybody thought the BB deal freed Axl, but what it really did was free the record company.  They don't have to give Axl a dime and have no intention of doing so for anything less than a reunion.

Hidden Text:

The above is all just my opinion.

The record company isn't going to let G&R rot. They will allow a release to fulfill their contract or they will release them.

Material has been recorded and is some state of readiness (not sure what needs to be done, but I have heard they are not building from ground zero). It would behoove the label to release this material and make money on what amounts to a marginal investment on their part.

BB cleared the debt of the 30 plus songs in the G&R vault.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
killingvector wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Axl can redeem himself in my eyes by pushing his great new line up onwards and releasing new and awesome music. I have no doubt he is capable of it.

The problem is he doesn't need to redeem himself in your eyes; he needs to redeem himself in the record company's eyes.  There will be no second record if that doesn't happen.  They aren't about to release him from his contract so he can make money for someone else (or himself).  It's going to take one hell of an album for them to give up on what they know is the real cash cow.  They won't allow him to move forward with mediocrity, and I don't think Axl's capable of delivering elite material anymore for a variety of reasons (and his talent level isn't one of them). 

Everybody thought the BB deal freed Axl, but what it really did was free the record company.  They don't have to give Axl a dime and have no intention of doing so for anything less than a reunion.

Hidden Text:

The above is all just my opinion.

The record company isn't going to let G&R rot. They will allow a release to fulfill their contract or they will release them.

Material has been recorded and is some state of readiness (not sure what needs to be done, but I have heard they are not building from ground zero). It would behoove the label to release this material and make money on what amounts to a marginal investment on their part.

BB cleared the debt of the 30 plus songs in the G&R vault.

They let them rot for 14 years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My point is this; it's ludicrous to suggest that no one missed Axl from the ceremony and/or wasn't talking about him.

When Billie Joe mentioned Axl, the crowd booed and Billie Joe supposedly told them to "shut the fuck up. He is one of the greatest frontmen to ever walk the earth."

Nuff said.:cool:

Yeah, that was going around a lot last night. Cool stuff.

I agree with Buzz about UNI not wanting to let GN'R out of their contract, but we don't know if Axl has delievered the second album, becase they already paid them off what they spent on CD. The last we heard was Axl saying he was negotiating with the label. That didn't sound like they had the new album, which, for all intents and purposes, sounds like it's been done for a while.

Monkey, you just seem to be taking this wayyyyy too personal, and the HOF isn't worth it.

I said it before, last night, at that show, in that venue, under these circumstances, they do not deserve a GN'R reunion. My hope of hopes is that one day we get that one off, farwell show, and it's in a club. And it's free.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

"Not a single person was talking about Axl Rose"

Crazy how Rolling Stone was able to catch up to everyone as they left.

The same guy who runs the R&RHOF runs Rolling Stone... So, yeah.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Frankly, I think a lot of people in the general public hate Axl so much because he is such a gigantic asshole that they simply do not CARE about the reality of Myles' inferior vocals. Hit the notes "perfect"? That implies he sounded like Axl on Appetite. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, Rolling Stone.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The day after:

I just want to personally say that I did not believe Axl Rose was as popular a figure still, than I did last night.

Going into Saturday night, I figured "fuck the pussy, he's done", and yet.... all ANYONE talked about was Axl Rose. The media on the internet, Axl Axl Axl. The crowd chanting "fuck Axl".

Enormous BOO's erupted for Axl when his picture was flashed... YET his boo's -- Were the biggest fuckin' pop from the audience of the night.

Axl blew it off, and was still the 800-pound gorilla in the room, that wasn't in the room. Jokes were flown, and usually referencing Axl.

Throughout all the media, just about every headline read "Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Rocks On Without Axl Rose". "Guns N' Roses inducted in Hall of Fame, sans Axl Rose".

Then the journalists spend 3/4 of their entire piece -- TALKING ABOUT AXL.

So I want to say this one more time (hopefully it's not irritating anyone).

Axl Rose is in full-blown heel mode, but still enormously loved. He's still totally over with the audience, fans, and media alike and they know it. The only way though to turn full babyface again, is with Slash by his side. So ONCE AGAIN, we're right back where we started from, lol. 16

Axl's boos got bigger pops than Slash's cheers (yes i'm serious, unless Faldor has something to say on the issue).

And what am I saying in all of this? I'm kinda stunned. I was emotionally involved in Axl blowing this off, and THE WAY he blew it off was disrespectful and pussy. But at the same time while listening last night I couldn't help thinking "you crazy sumbitch, you still have Cleveland in the palm of your hands, lol".

Axl Rose once again... found a way to escape being buried last night. I think the media is gonna turn the heat up on the reunion even hotter. The pressure is gonna get worse in the states, but Axl Rose will remain Axl Rose.

Why turn face now?

Axl's still grabbing Yahoo! frontpage headlines for being a great heel.

Part of me almost wishes that he'd release a new album as Guns N' Roses, and almost embrace his legend. Be the total fucking dick that he is, and just run with being a great heel.

THEN

Turn face and reunite.

THIS might just be the LAST THING that Axl has in his pocket to once again be "Axl Rose, the most unpredictable loved & hated rock star in the world".

jmho after last night, and kinda waking up and making sense of it all.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

buzzsaw wrote:

Actually they didn't. They squeezed a GH package out of them to balance their expense sheets, then cut off Axl to force him to piss or get off the pot.

It worked. The record label recouped their cash at the expense of total units sold.

If Axl wants to release another album, the label will not push him away.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
killingvector wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Actually they didn't. They squeezed a GH package out of them to balance their expense sheets, then cut off Axl to force him to piss or get off the pot.

It worked. The record label recouped their cash at the expense of total units sold.

Well then you are officially blaming Axl for the lack of current music?

Because according to Axl & the band, it's all the label holding it up.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
killingvector wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's one theory.  If that was really the case, then there's nothing to negotiate and an album would have been out already...if Axl REALLY wanted to release an album.  He's under contract.  What's he trying to renegotiate with the label? 

I think he wants to just dump what he has on them to complete whatever the contract is.  I think the record company doesn't want the contract completed until there's a reunion.  They aren't keeping Axl to keep Axl, they are keeping Axl to get the reunion.  They know that's where the money is; not whatever Axl has left from the CD sessions.

Board footer