You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: GN’R screenplay in the works

yeah..true! This is something that would be totally Adler. xD Next they are going to have Stephanie Seymour played by Helena Bonham Carter or some shit. 14 16

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Maybe he can steal that like he did with his book.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's a pretty shocking real life tale - so I think it would make for a great real life story if they actually followed the lives of all of them and told everything...even the dark moments...so if they portrayed the moments of Axl genius but then the darker side of him too, and if they showed some of the recklessness of Slash and the hell of his addiction and the people around them dying and so on.....but I think we'd get some watered down pc version.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

made by the right guy, it could be good.
We are all too fanatical and posessive to be comfortable about this. To Joe Blow it probably sounds great.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'd love to see a Gn'R film ala Walk the Line or from an outsiders perspective ala Almost Famous

Great idea. This could be from Marc Canter's point of view and would be about only the early days.
Maybe I'm too much of a fanboy, but I can't imagine only one movie covering the entire GN'R story, not even the 'Live Era' days. So it should be limited to a story of 2 or 3 years and the rest could be told briefly in the end of the film.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'd love to see a Gn'R film ala Walk the Line or from an outsiders perspective ala Almost Famous

Great idea. This could be from Marc Canter's point of view and would be about only the early days.
Maybe I'm too much of a fanboy, but I can't imagine only one movie covering the entire GN'R story, not even the 'Live Era' days. So it should be limited to a story of 2 or 3 years and the rest could be told briefly in the end of the film.

I agree the early years would be great and the Illusion era would also be great for everyone. the whole CD era would be boring as fuck for non hardcore fans. Way too much down time to make an interesting movie. Would make a good book but I'm not sure how you'd ever make a movie about that stuff that could appeal to a wide audience. I'd totally watch the 2 part movie though

Welcome to the Jungle: 155 minutes running time
Early years,  AFD, Lies era   

Lost Illusions 145 minutes running time
The Illusions era and subsequent fall out of the band

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

You'd have to get one hell of an actor to capture the essence of Axl Rose on screen. The guy is one complicated motherfucker. Sometimes the biggest asshole on the planet, sometimes the most charming guy on the planet, sometimes the biggest idiot on the planet, sometimes the biggest musical genius on the planet. The actor and director would have to do some very thorough research to get it right.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

You'd have to get one hell of an actor to capture the essence of Axl Rose on screen. The guy is one complicated motherfucker. Sometimes the biggest asshole on the planet, sometimes the most charming guy on the planet, sometimes the biggest idiot on the planet, sometimes the biggest musical genius on the planet. The actor and director would have to do some very thorough research to get it right.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer