You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Slash on 'Closing the Book on Guns N' Roses' at the Hall of Fame

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Some people seem to wanted an Axl hate fest from Slash and since it didn't happen they are disappointed, so they are crying about RS.

Any examples in this thread or another? Other forums don't count here.

Mikkamakka wrote:

I absolutely agreed with Russ on this one, with this wording.

russtcb wrote:

I'll nutshell my thoughts on this;

I don't have any problem with Slash doing any interviews, let alone this one with RS.

I completely agree that Axl makes himself a Target.

My issue is with RS in general and they way they handle themselves which is an issue I've had with them dating all the way back to 1994 in the example given.

Sky Dog's original point, 2nd post in the thread.

Sky Dog wrote:

Rolling Stone and Jann Wenner are on a crusade....can't say I blame them. No excuse for Ax and Izzy to not show up. Leave the politics of the relationships aside, no excuse.

Sky Dog saying RS has an agenda in this and Axl & Izzy have no excuses is somehow different?

Mikkamakka wrote:

RS tried to make Slash bash Axl. He didn't. But people aren't satisfied. 'It's boring',

To me, it is boring to watch Rolling Stone trying to bait Slash into talking shit. Kudos to him for not going there.

Mikkamakka wrote:

So you... missed completely. You might need to find another hobby than trying to get into a fight with me. tongue

Oh yeah, we wouldn't dare.

Cause you'll just leave the thread.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Sorry guys, but I just don't have enough time for the 19583293rd rehash of the same thing. You started it again and I really don't want to repeat myself. Have fun.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I'm sorry, but Izzy has a far better reason than Axl any day.

Izzy didn't spend his letter trashing his band mates.

Izzy = the man

Axl = so talky he incriminated himself as Slash-scared

Axl wanted to make his new GNR that's without Slash. It might be impossible, and he might have fucked it up and not been able to do it, but at least, I'll give it to Axl it's a logical reason not to want to go to a celebration of the old band and to hang or play with the old band. It sucks that he didn't do it sure - but at least it's a reason not to.

What's Izzy's reason? Slash and Axl don't get along so Izzy has to run away?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What's Izzy's reason? Slash and Axl don't get along so Izzy has to run away?

Agreed, Izzy had no reason to not show up.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I know right? Can't we let this argument end. Alot of artists don't care about the hall no matter who is being inducted in the ceremony or not. Also they can't stand what it stands for and how you have to pay money to show up to your induction. I call that a load of crap. For example, My friend wants to become a famous musician one day and in the future if he ever does get inducted into the rock hall or a foundation like it and they ask for his family to pay to show up, me and him would probably tell them to fuck off. I'm not a Trunk kind of person towards the hall; but I have seen they showed alot of bands so much disrespect.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I guess the subject of "What does an artist have to care about the Hall of Fame" comes to mind for me.

I don't hold anything against Izzy for not going. What if it just doesn't matter to him? Isn't that ok?

See to me, I think the place where it "didn't matter to Izzy" happened when Axl blew it off. I truely believe that.

People forget Izzy didn't blow it off, until Axl blew it off. Which once again... blame Axl. If you've gotta blame band members, it still lies at his feet.

I frankly don't blame Izzy. Why in the living fuck would I, Izzy Stradlin, go to the lame ass Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and reunite with ANOTHER fake GN'R? What's the point? I've held a low profile for years successfully, and would spoil it for that? No thank you.

And I see that as entirely logical, plus Izzy took the time to thank everyone he could in his little message.

Some people argue that Izzy is the same as Axl. He should've did it for the fans. But to me the way I see it, is as soon as Axl blew it off, the fans had already been fucked over with a potential reunion.

MAYBE there's some logic there had Izzy shown up (no Gilby), and Izzy and Duff would've split time fronting various GN'R deep cuts on the album. But that's all hypothetical.

I guess ultimately I don't blame Izzy for this exact reason only.... Axl & Slash are all that matters ultimately. Just look at Slash's cheers and Axl's boos. They were bigger pops than anything else from anyone the entire night. Nobody in that audience gives a FUCK that Izzy isn't there or even Duff or Steven.

The Hall of Fame performance could've been...

Axl Rose
Slash
Gilby Clarke
Tommy Stinson
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed

And the place would've fuckin' exploded and people would've been saying "Guns N' Roses REUNION!"

That's why I don't blame Izzy. Izzy's prescence was not required at the Hall of Fame -- AT ALL. For me personally? It does. For everyone else, it all comes down to Axl & Slash. Everyone knows that. Slash was there, Axl wasn't.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Can't wait to see it on HBO this weekend!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I posted an interview with Izzy where he clearly stated that he would reunite with the old lineup.

I think Izzy is very black and white, he must have found out that Axl wasn't coming so that was the end of it for Izzy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I guess the subject of "What does an artist have to care about the Hall of Fame" comes to mind for me.

I don't hold anything against Izzy for not going. What if it just doesn't matter to him? Isn't that ok?

See to me, I think the place where it "didn't matter to Izzy" happened when Axl blew it off. I truely believe that.

People forget Izzy didn't blow it off, until Axl blew it off.

Izzy didn't "announce" he would not be attending until after Axl sent his letter to the press, but it was suspected for weeks leading up to the event that Izzy wouldn't be attending.  Thoughts echoed by Steven himself.  So I don't think you can assume that Izzy didn't go because Axl said he wasn't going.  That could be the case, but not based on what we know.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You know the logical rational part of my mind agrees with Russ and Me Wise...why should anyone have to do the hall? Especially when I agree with Axl that the Hall seems to be a self appointed body who choose what they do based on their own whims.

But the psycho butt-hurt fan in me....we'll I'm butt hurt.

In a way I guess they do owe us nothing. But in a way - rockstars have a privileged life - and I'm sort of left here thinking - seeing as it meant so much to thousands the world over for them to accept the award - would it hurt them to do something for someone else just for an hour or so? I'm not even talking about playing necessarily, but you could turn up.

So when I look at it from that perspective, I think everyone should have been there. And then I start to looking at who has a reasonable reason for avoiding it and who doesn't.

And I see this:

Axl: Was in an impossible bind. If he plays with his old band it fucks the credibility of the new. If he refuses - he's a dick. No win situation for his interests. Sort of understandable for him to not want to be put in this situation by someone else.

Dizzy: Once it turns out Axl isn't going and no one from the new band is going, if he goes it's like a slap in the face to his boss and his current bandmates. He's also in a no-win scenario here. Logical that he chooses to mimic Axl's stance.

Izzy: There's just no good reason. If he wants a real reunion or nothing, why was he happy to be payed to play with Axl's modern line up in the past? He was ok with that - but he's not ok with doing this show without everyone? He's still distressed that the 1991 tour was stressful - 21 years on?  He hates that Axl/Slash have a beef so he's not going? He just hates the media? There's no real solid reason not to do something for the fans here.

So fair enough it's time to move on or whatever. I'm just saying - I object to the "Izzy's the coolest mofo" policy lots of people seem to have.

To me - it's understandable that he quit GNR - Axl was bossy and he got clean off drugs first so it was hard to deal with - but it's regrettable as the band might have been salvaged if he hadn't. Then he bailed on VR when it would have been great to have him stay a part of it. Now he's no showed this for no reason other than mystique. So I reject that mystique...Izzy wrote some good songs in 1985...but Izzy...what have you done for me lately...:haha::haha:

Board footer