You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash on 'Closing the Book on Guns N' Roses' at the Hall of Fame

Axlin16 wrote:

I wouldn't call what Izzy did in 2006 with GN'R as "happy to do it".

He turned around and basically 'billed' Axl for his services, which pissed Axl off. Or was that just a rumor?

What if Izzy didn't do the Hall because there was literally no money in it? No reason? Izzy would have to pay for his own ticket, own chair, and for what? So that could be his reason.

But at the same time, more information that has come out Izzy seems like a selfish asshole that far eclipses Axl & Slash, so yeah... in the end he's a fuckin' dick that should've been there. But I DO think that had Axl been there, the pressure would've been on him band-wise, but at the sametime, nobody would have given a flying fuck that they saw the 1992-93 GN'R plus Steven. They would've just been on top of the world they saw Axl & Slash back together.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Izzy ain't going if he has to spend a dime.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

He turned around and basically 'billed' Axl for his services, which pissed Axl off. Or was that just a rumor?

Spot on Axlin:

Axl from the Del interview, re: Izzy playing with the new band:

"He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time."

It could be argued that Izzy is right to do this because back in the day Axl wanted him to become a salaried musician who got paid according to how much he moved around the stage.

Izzy has obviously decided to stick it to Axl by becoming just that - a salaried musician.

Touche Izzy I say...

Still think he's an arse for not supporting Stephen on his big night at the RNRHOF. Duff, Slash & Matt were very warm and humane about what this meant to Stephen more so than the rest of them as Steve has not had the follow up success. You could feel their brotherhood for him on the night.

Izzy always said Guns died for him when Stephen was fired so why didn't he go and make the mans night?

Dick move.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Because as Marc Canter has revealed... Izzy only cares about Izzy. It doesn't matter how much it fucks everyone's plans up. The dude makes Axl look organized, punctual, and the milk of human kindness.

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

You know what? This could be wild theory stuff but is Izzy hiding from certain people from his past by any chance? Maybe his old heroin deaing days?

Cantor mentions asking about going to his house to interview him and the guy freaked.

Izzy is not online and has very little web presence. He doesn't tour as a headliner.

We know that Izzy had some big shocking experience, left GNR went back to his hometown and got sober. Can anyone remember what that was all about exactly?

I don't believe that we ever found out what really happened to him...

misterID

misterID wrote:

Instead of creating these ridiculous scenerios about why Izzy does or doesn't do things, maybe it could be as simple as -- Izzy's weird. He does things the way he wants. He's not afraid of anything. And he's very, very fickle.

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

Not creating anything, note all of the question marks at the end of my sentences. They are not statements.

Just remembering a few things about Izzy's rapid disappearance out of the scene years ago and asking had anybody any more info on that...

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I notcied the question marks, but even asking if he was afraid of drug dealers as a reason for his (even recent) behavior, kind of strikes me as silly.

Izzy has always been odd. Nothing's changed. I think people do get caught up in what Mikka called the "myth of Izzy" and look for any reason not to show him in a bad light. I mean, the guy hasn't shown himself to be the most normal of guys in the last 2 decades since he split of GN'R.

Board footer