You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Officially Licensed Merchandising from 1997?

Lomax wrote:

"needs mo' fink"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Riad wrote:

"needs mo' fink"

You need to turn your karma back on! ID just got some for the "Finck Love" smile

Hey!  I gave him as much love as I ever had...or at least as little hate as I ever have.  Doesn't that count for anything?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Ah, how times have changed...

Sky Dog wrote:

Robin vs DJ......come on Buzz, you aren't gonna side with a complete Slash wannabe. Really? Finck did his own thing...this guy feels like he literally is in a cover band. I know I just pissed some people off but me and DJ don't jive.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Finck did his own thing....

IT SUCKED

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNS-N-ROSES-MA … 976wt_1270

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTMwMFgxMzAw/ … ~60_57.JPG

I bought stuff from this seller in the past, he's the real deal.

Perhaps there was an album on the horizon and things were starting to roll so they were prepping merch?

Now THAT is some merch!

What a great find! There are TONS of great throwback UYI tour shirts in there. If I had alot of money on me right now, i'd go broke in that dude's store. Alot of rare, and unique stuff in there, including some UYI II shirts.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Robin vs DJ......come on Buzz, you aren't gonna side with a complete Slash wannabe. Really? Finck did his own thing...this guy feels like he literally is in a cover band. I know I just pissed some people off but me and DJ don't jive.

Honestly Finck played the old stuff better the second time around and DJ is fine.  Neither can play the stuff I like the way Slash does, and I don't really care how either plays the new stuff since I don't care for most of it.  Once you add in DJ pimping himself 30 times a day, and I pretty much look at Finck and DJ as equals.

I know it pisses some people off, but none of the guys in the band play the music I care for the way the guys that wrote it did.  They may hit the notes, but it's no different than Myles hitting Axl's notes.  It's just not the same.  I know most people don't really care about the music and focus on the vocals, but I am pretty much the opposite.  I focus on the music first and I hear the same differences in the music that people hear in the Axl vs Myles debates.  Myles hits the notes as well as (and in some cases better than) Axl, but it doesn't sound right.  DJ and BBF hit the right notes on Estranged for example, but it doesn't quite sound right.  It lacks the feel, tone, and style that Slash has. 

My best friend for the past 30 years went to see GnR with BH in 2002 in Chicago, so he knows GnR and is a fan at some level.  He's not as big a fan of the band overall as I am though he appreciates the music.  I played him Messages (just the beginning) without telling him who it was, and he knew immediately that it was Slash.  I know a lot of people seem to think he's a dime a dozen blues/rock player, but he's not.  He's just as unique as Axl is at what he does...the difference is everybody can sing (to some extent) and listens to lyrics and not everybody can play music on ANY instrument or appreciate the little things that make Slash different than other blues/rock players.

Board footer