You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Duff on the HoF Ceremony

Aussie wrote:

I completely agree with this...

monkeychow wrote:

To me here duff is just calling it as he sees it...that it's bad form that Axl and Izzy were not there.

and this

And as I've said before, to me it's worse that Izzy didn't come because he has no good reason. At least Axl is trying to be GNR without the others - which while a questionable idea - is a good reason to not hang out with them. But Izzy...just didn't give a shit....which is worse.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Good article by Duff and the "shot" at the end wasn't unnecessary. Axl and Izzy didn't show up. FACT. Duff is allowed to express his thoughts on that. those two guys are not off limits. they are not untouchable. People always bitch about how Duff and Slash are too diplomatic then when Duff says barely anything it's suddenly a cheap shot at the almighty because it didn't fully glorify him. Honestly there is no reason for these guys to pussyfoot around Axl Rose anymore. They should say how they feel whatever that is. Just like you'd expect and respect Axl to as well.

Axl didn't show up cause he's badass roll Izzy didn't show up for no good reason.  Both look bad for the decsions they made. To expect Duff not to have an opinion on that is ridiculous. Duff said what was true. End of story. he could've been a lot less nice about it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pwned!!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I actually think we may see them be a bit more free with their comments now.  Slash and Duff may have been diplomatic in more recent years and leading up to HOF, hoping maybe for some reconciliation.

But after Axl and Izzy effectively gave them the middle finger, I know I certainly wouldn't bother pussy footing around anymore.  I would call a spade a fucking spade.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I really thought we ended the whole let's all castrate Axl and Izzy for not showing up at the HOF. It's over and done with. Let's move on! It's getting rather old.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

True! Duff is a nice guy and showed a ton of respect to the fans in the post. Especially since it's been already stated my Steven, people on the internet, and the ones that showed up to the event over and over again.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Maybe he is legitimately bummed they couldn't celebrate their history.

point is, he lived and breathed it and as much as we follow it, it was HIS band. So as pissed off as a lot of us were, I can only imagine the disappointment they must have felt.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Exactly -D- he was there and it was HIS band and he wished the 5 of thm could've celebrated it together. he probably is pissed and Axl is lucky the other guys aren't blasting him. he's getting off easy. As is Izzy in my opinion. Nothing Duff said was unnecessary. it was truth and he did it in a  nice way all thinsg considerd. it could've been a hell of a lot more harsh. let's not get all sensitive now about poor little Axl getting ragged on. You pull the shit he does expect some flak. Just so happens it came from Duff this time. Fully warrented and nothing eh said makes his comment any less genuine.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I actually think we may see them be a bit more free with their comments now.  Slash and Duff may have been diplomatic in more recent years and leading up to HOF, hoping maybe for some reconciliation.

But after Axl and Izzy effectively gave them the middle finger, I know I certainly wouldn't bother pussy footing around anymore.  I would call a spade a fucking spade.

I would too. But at the same time, i've got some personal issues right now, ironically i've been put in a VERY similar position as Axl... and um, it's kinda caused me to look at his perspectively differently than I did when the Hall rejection happened.

But I certainly wouldn't rob Duff or the fans for speaking the truth for what happened, whether it makes me look like the villian or not.

Board footer